[Bio] Tohono Grimtotem

Name: Tohono Grimtotem
    Race: Tauren
    Languages: Common, Taurahe
    Class: Shaman
    Loyalty: Horde
    Personality: Tohono may have been born into the Grimtotem tribe, but does not share many things with them. While she can be merciless and cold at times, she lives to serve the Horde and her fellow shamans. She always tries to do what she believes is right, and she is extremely loyal to her friends. At first Tohono is quite reserved towards strangers, but she is more open to those that manage to win her respect. She is very ambitious, and always tried to be the best at what she is doing. Most people mistake Tohono for being arrogant or mean at first, but she simply has some issues with knowing when to stop herself from being so candid that she actually is.

Appearance: Tohono is quite large and muscular for a female. She is black with red markings, similar but not identical to the typical Grimtotem markings. She is never seen without her two large maces, which she always brings to battle.
    Picture: http://i.imgur.com/HjM3Y.jpg

Strengths/Weaknesses: Tohono is very skilled in close combat with her maces. She is very strong, in fact she is often underestimated by her opponents which she uses to her advantage. She is a very proud tauren. If anyone manages to make her look like a fool, they are sure to regret it. Tohono's most apparent weakness is her lack of talent for shamanism. While she is an extremely dangerous tauren with her maces she has a hard time mastering the elements.

History:

Living and breathing for the Grimtotem

"The Horde is made up of evil demons, traitorous taurens, and twisted voodo worshippers. They take over our land,
    they torture it, they reap it. If you are caught by the Horde, they will not spare you. If they don't kill you on the spot, the
    trolls will eat you alive. Therefore, the Horde deserves to die."

Tohono was born and raised by the Grimtotem clan. It was everything she knew for many years, it was her entire world. She lived in Thousand Needles with her friends and family. Her father was a great shaman within their tribe, and it was he who trained Tohono from when she was little. Tohono had always been eager to start her training. Her dream was to grow up and be as strong as her father was. She hoped to make him proud, and to one day be his equal in their tribe. When Tohono started her training she quickly learned what her father thought about the elements. He told her the land was sick. It had been poisoned by the intruders in their lands and required purging. Their mission was to kill their enemies and purge the land. Tohono only knew their enemies by the stories her father had told her ever since she was a baby, so she swore to her father that she would do everything in her power to save the land. She dedicated her entire existence to becoming a great fighter, all in the name of the Grimtotem.

Change of Heart

"Listen, my child. You will never be part of the Horde. I will make sure of that. If I hear you speak these
    thoughts again, I will make sure you never speak again. If you try to escape me, I will make sure it is the
    last thing you will ever do. Also believe me when I tell you this is for your own good."

Tohono proved to be valuable to the Grimtotem tribe. She fought well, and she was always eager to learn more. It did not take long until she was sent out in the world to serve outside of her home. As she began to see the world with her own eyes, something changed inside her heart. Everything she thought she had known about the outside world seemed like lies. Tohono started to struggle with maintaining her beliefs. As much as she tried, she could not bring herself to hate the orcs or the trolls. Tohono had met the Horde, and what she saw was not the same thing as her father. She saw promise for the future. As time went by and the Horde grew stronger, so did Tohono's faith in the Horde. It also opened her eyes for what the Grimtotem tribe truly was to her. She saw nothing but hate and blood thirst amongst her people. One night when Tohono got home after a long journey, she decided she could no longer fight for her own people. She knew her heart was with the Horde, and she had to inform her father. When she told him about her plans, her father was surprisingly calm. Once Tohono was done talking, he simply stood up, walked over to her and looked deep into her eyes. He told her in a calm voice, that if she ever spoke about the Horde like that again, he would kill her. If she tried to escape, he would find her before she had left Thousand Needles and kill her. Tohono immediately knew her father was not joking. There was no doubt he would kill her if she went against his will in this matter. She was trapped, her father's prisoner. There was nothing she could do but keep fighting for the Grimtotem.

Now or never

"There is nothing you can do to stop me from killing you the next time
    I get the chance. I hope you will be able to fight back when the time comes."

As time went on, the shamans of her tribe started sensing disturbances among the elements. Something was truly wrong, but they could not figure out what. At the same time, word reached Tohono's home that the tauren's leader of the Horde had been slain. All of their capable fighters had to join the assault on Thunder Bluff. They were going to claim the city as their own. Tohono's father was not very happy at first about her taking part in the assault, but he decided that he would keep her close at all times.
    As the Grimtotem succeeded in capturing Thunder Bluff, Tohono was devastated. She was too afraid to tell anyone of her tribe how she felt, she simply kept to herself. Every day she wished that the Horde would return with reinforcements and drive every single Grimtotem off. If there had been any doubt in her heart, it was completely washed away now. Tohono was not a Grimtotem, only by blood.
    Finally, her prayers were answered. The Horde managed to reclaim Thunder Bluff. As the people of her tribe were given the chance to swear allegiance to the Horde, Tohono was one of the first to do so. She knew it was her only chance. She would never again have the opportunity to break away from her father and her tribe. She was scared, and she could feel her father's hate boiling in his veins as she swore to the Horde. But Tohono was brave, and it was her dream coming true.
    Since the day that Tohono joined the Horde, she has fought as much as she can to prove herself as a true soldier of the Horde. She has dedicated her entire soul into serving her new friends, as she once did to the Grimtotem. Tohono also hopes that once she has earned her place amongst the Horde, she can move on to fight for and protect the Earthen Ring, as they do their best to heal the world after the Shattering.
    Last edited by dubbelbasse; 2011-11-18 at 10:36 PM.

I like this Char a lot, but well we discussed that. Can't wait for the picture.

That looks pretty perfect. I have a slight issue, with the fact that Magatha stated (I don't remember where? Maybe in the Shattering book...) that all Grimtotem started training immediately, and many died during the process. Only the strong survived. Kinda like Spartans, but for Tauren.

Also, you don't seem to mention Magatha much. Possibly, voice your opinion on her actions against the Horde, and the silent attack on Thunder Bluff, that killed innocents. And possibly Stormsong's betrayal, and how he helped the Horde rather than his own Grimtotem kin.

Lastly, Centaur. They've been enemies with the Tauren for years, and you would have surely encountered them, so if you could maybe state your thoughts about them.

Anyhow, I love it. Looking forward to the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan
    That looks pretty perfect. I have a slight issue, with the fact that Magatha stated (I don't remember where? Maybe in the Shattering book...) that all Grimtotem started training immediately, and many died during the process. Only the strong survived. Kinda like Spartans, but for Tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbelbasse
    Her father was a great shaman within their tribe, and it was he who trained Tohono from when she was little. Tohono had always been eager to start her training. Her dream was to grow up and be as strong as her father was.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan
    Also, you don't seem to mention Magatha much. Possibly, voice your opinion on her actions against the Horde, and the silent attack on Thunder Bluff, that killed innocents. And possibly Stormsong's betrayal, and how he helped the Horde rather than his own Grimtotem kin.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubbelbasse
    As the Grimtotem succeeded in capturing Thunder Bluff, Tohono was devastated. She was too afraid to tell anyone of her tribe how she felt, she simply kept to herself. Every day she wished that the Horde would return with reinforcements and drive every single Grimtotem off. ~snip~ Finally, her prayers were answered. The Horde managed to reclaim Thunder Bluff. As the people of her tribe were given the chance to swear allegiance to the Horde, Tohono was one of the first to do so. ]
    No need to mention Magetha specifically imho.

And the Centaur are a central enemy of all tauren and very common, i would also not see a need for mentioning them in detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    No need to mention Magetha specifically imho.

And the Centaur are a central enemy of all tauren and very common, i would also not see a need for mentioning them in detail.
    Pfft. You're right. Don't mind me.