Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hey MMO-C Its Time For More PVP content

If you happen to pvp, by now you must be frustrated by the lack of arenas. Sure there 5 but is that enough, the logical answer is no.

Patch 4.2 is coming and for once in cata I want some pvp content, what did we get in 4.1...................nothing.

Pve gets a huge firelands raid and other shit that pvpers will not care about.

So its time we QQ and we do it now.

I say we make many forum posts on OFFICIAL Forums and complain because we pvpers always get left behind.
    World PVP and Arenas Are Awesome

Your signature says world pvp is awesome.

Patch 4.2 will bring a whole daily questing zone.

See the link there? For as far as I know, Blizzard has not said anything about it being a sanctuary or heavily protected area, so lets hope for the best shall we ^^

i find this funny sens this game was not orginaly intended for pvp, it was a side thing to pve. but some how it have grown to this big thing, also the limted ammounts of maps is there to create a balance, and ALOT of time gose into the balanace of classes and that is where most of the effort for pvp is

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    i find this funny sens this game was not orginaly intended for pvp, it was a side thing to pve. but some how it have grown to this big thing, also the limted ammounts of maps is there to create a balance, and ALOT of time gose into the balanace of classes and that is where most of the effort for pvp is
    The thought behind a game doesn't always remain the same. Or look at computers, they sure weren't invented for home entertainment but became so later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Harith View Post
    This game launched without any PvP system in it... shows you where their priorities have been since launch.

OT: PvPers have always argued that PvP is more interesting because it's dynamic and the fights are never the same, so under that mantra, it doesn't need new content like PvE does, since the encounters are the same thing over and over in PvE. (inc. PvP flame)

Thanks but no thanks, Don't feel like blizzard should waste time making an instanced arena, that people stay in for 2 minutes at a time.

Your content is the 80%+ of the character changes they do every patch to try and "balance" the game for PvP.

If the game is not centered around PVP then why is there a PVP tourny and not a PvE one?

I'd rather they spend time balancing the classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    If the game is not centered around PVP then why is there a PVP tourny and not a PvE one?
    Beause a PvE tournament makes no sense.

4.2 will have the s9 glad mount, what more do you need

Also, you can't fly in Firelands and it'll be filled with delicious clueless raiders in the first weeks. I'd rather have that than another terrible gimmicky arena map that makes you cringe every time you see the loading screen. Or vehicle BGs you guys!!!!!!!!!
    - Dreams. What are dreams? Dreams are nothing, my brother.
    - Dreams are nothing, sister? Without dreams, there could be no despair.

Obviously it would you just have to think about it. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Gradywhite View Post
    This game launched without any PvP system in it... shows you where their priorities have been since launch.

OT: PvPers have always argued that PvP is more interesting because it's dynamic and the fights are never the same, so under that mantra, it doesn't need new content like PvE does, since the encounters are the same thing over and over in PvE. (inc. PvP flame)
    absolutely true iv said that allways in my wow history, and its something top blizz ceo's always said game wasnt made for pvp, that came later on, and it grown to a hudge % of the wow community, thus becoming very popular, this probably cuz of sc popularity in online modes they grasped what wow could achieve, now with expansions in the equation the change in most mechanics and math, pvp had to change dramatically, i agree with the OP that linearly the amount of changes compaired to pve wer drastically low, they could had done more aesthetically changes like revamp maps, more new maps, new bgs types, redesign the way rewards work and points are awarded, i think blizz mistake was on tbc to back down on bg importancy and focus pvp on arenas, that resulted on focusing more on the class balance more then they wanted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    it would be like ... AV the tournament?

More like race to kill the end boss of a raid with trash and boring bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    except there is... happens at the beginning of every new raid. While its not labelled a tournament, the World First Race happens every new raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

I would'nt mind getting to see some new arenas, i mean with blizz bringing back za and zg what better time to update the zul'grabshi (sp) arena and put new exciting items in the win chest.

Or I also heard an idea on the forums about opening an arena in orgamire that individuals could watch which i think would be pretty cool

i just really wonder how long a few new Arena maps will hold you off before they become norm and you ask for something else. To me its a request like adding more BG's when there are already enough. The base gameplay of those venues is still there and it doesn't radically change up much, if anything only temporarily until it becomes more of the same. I'll just never understand how people don't realize how quickly more of the same becomes redundant quickly.

The PvP in WoW desperately needs more variety than just BG, Arena, or logout. More importantly a PvP activity that is persistent and not Q'd into that hopefully brings back some sense of in-Server drama/war/sandbox.
    Last edited by Spurmwhale; 2011-05-11 at 03:28 PM.

PvPers complaining? Blizzard will never see it coming!

What will new arenas do? It's all flat ground with LoS in different spots. There's not really much room to get creative on arena design.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i just really wonder how long a few new Arena maps will hold you off before they become norm and you ask for something else. To me its a request like adding more BG's when there are already enough. The base gameplay of those venues is still there and it doesn't radically change up much, if anything only temporarily until it becomes more of the same. I'll just never understand how people don't realize how quickly more of the same becomes redundant quickly.

The PvP in WoW desperately needs more variety than just BG, Arena, or logout. More importantly a PvP activity that is persistent and not Q'd into that hopefully brings back some sense of in-Server drama/war/sandbox.
    No-one is asking for more BGs. In fact, some are asking for less