Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Huge troll thread, none of that even makes sense.

Let me clarify a few things:

1. The point of the issue here is that yes sure you can disengage, scatter...but thats not going to stop a rogues crippling poison from making him get right back ontop of you, a warriors intercept/charge from getting back ontop of you, a mage blinking and being right back ontop of you. Because you can not remove dots/debuffs as a hunter getting away isn't 100% you will eventually be on so many cds that you can no longer escape the melee zone issues. While they are not as bad as in past expansions because of having a melee zone they are still prevalent. Which is the point of 1 and 2.

2. Chimera as a self heal? Thats laughable...every 10 seconds you get 4,000 hp on a crit! it does not compare to any other classes constant self heals or burst channel self heals. Rogues i'm looking at you.

5. No good MM hunter hard-casts aimedshots...if they are hard-casting they are not a good hunter. At all.

No one hard casts AI in PvP or PvE...if they are i'd be really surprised...if the Proc talent didn't exist no one would use the spell that is why its Garbage. It's a horrible horrible spell at the moment. I meant 1.7s with talents/hastes instead of the current 2.2s with Pathing/other pieces of haste benefits. For it to be remotely viable to cast.

I might be forgetting someones rant hold on.

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 11:49 AM ----------

And not to mention Blizzard Developers have already acknowledged that Hunter's melee zone was a hindrance to them.

On multi-shot - This is getting nerfed I was referring to it being unable to be buffed because it blankets across the specs. This is an issue that it can never be on par with other AoE effects because of Survival.

That is why MM and BM need an AoE ability (Volley) which should of never been removed. Survival can keep Multi-shot because of Serpent Spread.

The reason people are topping charts on certain fights like Magmaw right now is because survival hunters are voiding damage on magmaw to hit record dps numbers by spamming adds. Hell I know a lot of hunters cheesing dps boards right now while they can.

Mages and Rogues still have the BEST AoE in the game...160K+ on Halfus is ridiculous.

You said NO method of melee escape and NO self-healing.

Stop moving the goalposts.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifer05 View Post
    5. No good MM hunter hard-casts aimedshots...if they are hard-casting they are not a good hunter. At all.

No one hard casts AI in PvP or PvE...if they are i'd be really surprised...if the Proc talent didn't exist no one would use the spell that is why its Garbage. It's a horrible horrible spell at the moment. I meant 1.7s with talents/hastes instead of the current 2.2s with Pathing/other pieces of haste benefits. For it to be remotely viable to cast.

I might be forgetting someones rant hold on.
    I'm sorry, I just... what? Have you spent any time on these forums at all? Hard cast aimed shot while leveling - 1 shot mobs. Hard cast aimed in pvp - 1 shot clothies. Hard cast it in raids during the careful aim phase - top the dps charts... Aimed shot is a beast, you're just bitter because you miss it being instant apparently. Though you clearly prefer SV anyway (or you wouldn't be so upset over it's nerfs), so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Do hunters have problems? Hell yes we do, but so does every other class. I agree that a decent baseline self-heal would go a long way to improving hunter representation in arena's, you'd have to make it a level 80+ spell or we'd simply never die while leveling or in low end pvp. And even then it still might push us a little over in 85 bg's, maybe. Point is that for the most part the things you see as the primary problems of the class just aren't. Hunters are an incredibly well built class right now, especially considering that less than a year ago we saw a complete overhaul of our base resource system.

I've been a diehard hunter since my first day in Azeroth, and I enjoy them now more than ever before.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Only thing I would change is Detterence to start removing existing DoT's, other than that PvP is fine.

In reality my point is that outside of arena lets say world PvP...you get jumped by a rogue...you get crippling....you begin your dance to get out of melee range...

the chances that you are not going to be glued on and stuck wacking this rogue with your melee weapons 75% of the time is slim to none. Like yes 2600+ rated hunters (The slim few) will have the skill to peel a rogue off of them long enough to kill the rogue. But without a means to remove crippling disengage buys you time for 1 or 2 casts before the rogue is back in kicking range. Now I agree if theres no one to have to save with master's call that its a great ability. I love it. But it again vs a decent rogue/mage is just buying you time.

The worst AoE in the game ? Seriously ?
    All the 3 hunter specs are in the top 10 of AoE right now, and Survival/MM is probably fighting for first place with Warlocks...
    Survival has higher burst, MM higher sustained AoE but BOTH are insane, and hunter's AoE is more than fine, even totally op since Cata...
    When did you play your hunter last time ?

Right now i only see DK Frost with the ability to compete with hunters on AoE burst, and locks on sustained AoE maybe with Boomkins due to shrooms and other things.

The rest range from pathetic to hilarious. If we listen to you and your "fix" we end up with :
    - a ranged class rogue with the burst of a rogue, his avoid mechanics, his self heal (all of that without giving anything up)
    - a class with an AoE that makes every single one of the op AoE specs now looks like single target only specs
    - a "God at everything, I WIN BUTTON" class

Yeah right, it's totally needed.
    I'm pretty sure i can give ideas like that for every class out there, that no one in his right mind would accept (ok, Mages are already nearly like that in pvp, but it's another thing ).

Aimed Shot for the first 45 seconds of a fight hardcasted while under haste effects...yes woo. For the other 4-9min of the fight...yeah....

Its a terrible spell as it sits and god no don't make it Instant again...that would be a huge mistake. The CD needs to be shorter so that Arcane goes back to being a "oh shit i have to much focus dump" and not the main priority shot because it has a HORRIBLE top end that doesn't scale with anything for MM. The issue is right now its only SLIGHTLY better to use because of 2 reasons -

1. Movement screws your entire DPS if you interrupt a Hardcast Aimed Shot...
    2. Aimed Shot takes away from your Mastery where the mastery is making up for Arcane's slight deficit. If this was fixed and Aimedshot was lowered by .5 seconds it would be so much more viable. And useful.
    Last edited by Crucifer05; 2011-05-11 at 04:08 PM.

All I hear is "Hunters suck because they don't have god mode".

Seems to me you need to go play a mage and rogue as you keep drooling over them. Every class will have an opposite that is just ridiculously hard to kill for them, part of pvp. As far as PvE goes, your mad cause another class can beat you? Can you beat said rogue and mage on single target? If yes but they beat you on AOE then fair game. They have powerful AOE you have powerful single target.

Side note - Don't EVER bring back volley. I don't need to deal with hunter's that only press one button again. (yes I have a hunter)

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Well played good sir.

In reality my point is that outside of arena lets say world PvP...you get jumped by a rogue...you get crippling....you begin your dance to get out of melee range...

the chances that you are not going to be glued on and stuck wacking this rogue with your melee weapons 75% of the time is slim to none. Like yes 2600+ rated hunters (The slim few) will have the skill to peel a rogue off of them long enough to kill the rogue. But without a means to remove crippling disengage buys you time for 1 or 2 casts before the rogue is back in kicking range. Now I agree if theres no one to have to save with master's call that its a great ability. I love it. But it again vs a decent rogue/mage is just buying you time.
    The game is not balanced around 1vs1. Never will be.

Q. What do the OP and bad PvP Hunters have in common?

A. As soon as someone responds to their attacks, they start slowly walking backwards.

Aimed Shot doesn't have a cooldown. During the Careful Aim phase (100-80%), AI has an additional 60% crit chance. That brings it to around 90% in 359 epics. The near guaranteed crits make it much better than arcane shot for this phase.

Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    Yeah its a shame we can't all be mages. Amrite?

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    The game is not balanced around 1vs1. Never will be.
    And what is PvP balanced around? Just curious?

---------- Post added 2011-05-11 at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aeleas View Post
    Aimed Shot doesn't have a cooldown. During the Careful Aim phase (100-80%), AI has an additional 60% crit chance. That brings it to around 90% in 359 epics. The near guaranteed crits make it much better than arcane shot for this phase.
    ....Did you just find this out?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but almost all of those listed numbers are not true. No melee escape, I see hunters flying backwards like birds with disengage! Nothing to save you from DoTs? Deterrence... etc. In fact, I'm reading the posts above me as I type this and they're right, I won't even bother to explain further.

Is this a troll post? I was going to come contribute but after reading the OP I don't know what to say. I disagree with everything it states.

Since #1 is causing such a fuss I reworded it for you.

And what is PvP balanced around? Just curious?
    Groups. Probably 3 and up. If it was balanced around 1vs1, any healing spec would have to be given tools to kill even tanks and tanks and damage dealers would get skills to outheal those nasty healers making the whole game a pretty retarded god-mode stalemate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Groups. Probably 3 and up. If it was balanced around 1vs1, any healing spec would have to be given tools to kill even tanks and tanks and damage dealers would get skills to outheal those nasty healers making the whole game a pretty retarded god-mode stalemate.
    There is no such thing as Balance in any MMO. Esp. WoW.

There is 2 classes in this game who have 90% of the spells in the game in some form or fashion (DKs / Mages) where other classes have a very limited amount compared to them.

I'm not sitting here saying that there is NO 2600+ Hunters' I'm saying there is VERY few compared to pretty much every other class in the game. We have 1 purpose in Arena we can't offspec. And we are subpar compared to other classes in this area. Mainly because we have limited # of spells other classes have and mainly because we do get screwed by just getting close to us. That can throw off a cast/completely void major damage needed to beat healing currently.

Now most people don't focus Hunter's in arena over other classes just because for a solid minute we can self-survive off a load of CDs. But once those CDs are all burned theres probably roughly an 8second gap of time you could sit in our melee range and we would be unable to do anything.

Or kill our pet and take away Master's Call and its GG.

Deleted
    In reality my point is that outside of arena lets say world PvP...you get jumped by a rogue...you get crippling....you begin your dance to get out of melee range....
    I don't know, but maybe, maybe EVERY class suffers this problem... it's called ganking... it isn't meant to be fair... specially if your opponent is a rogue... welcome to World of RogueGankingCraft!

Now, it's obvious that hunters have some issues, but every class has.
    In my opinion you want to be able to beat every single class in this game without too much effort...