Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraiyah View Post
    But it uses the wrong runes. Unless you're unholy, of course. I wouldn't waste my death runes on FS when they can be used for HB or NS when needed.
    pretty sure he means frost strike.

also, i do my best to get as many OB's off on cloth/leather ...mail it depends on situation (burst vs pressure, being kited, etc) and plate I almost always go for NS+HB unless they're almost dead/no healer around or whatever - situations that obviously make OB better.
    Last edited by fizikz; 2011-05-15 at 12:58 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    pretty sure he means frost strike.
    Could be, but I cant imagine there's enough mastery in the world to make that happen. At least not on pvp gear.

There are two kinds of PvP builds/specs you can go as a Frost DK.

A mastery-centric build does away with Obliterate entirely and you use all your frost runes on Howling Blasts, and all your unholy runes on Necrotic Strikes. You don't even spec into Rime if you're going this route.

A haste-centric build uses Obliterate when convenient.

Either way, you're reforging all your gear to either mastery, or haste, and modifying your attack priority to match.

You still use obliterates situationally in that first spec. And you still get annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    playing as a frost dk obliterate is your hardesting hitting ability with annihilation and 20% more dmg with glyph....

with rime your OB gives a 45% chance to make HB or IT cost no runes....

however... i rarely get a chance to use it...

i mostly use my unholy and frost runes for HB DS and nerco strike...

i rarely get to use OB and waitting for it to come off CD is a hassle and i mostly just use frost strike normally as my main ability and even with killing machine....

asking all u frost dks.... do u use OB?
    Obliterate is your hardest hitting move why wouldnt you use it

Quote Originally Posted by Sidd88 View Post
    Obliterate is your hardest hitting move why wouldnt you use it
    Because PvP is more than hitting hard.

Thanks to this thread. Oblit does work much better IN PVP!when used as a Emp RW finisher, and in other specific situations. Thanks for the advice.

when my obliterate crits for around 10k and my howling blast crit for 12k+, i think its fairly obvious which i should be using.