Thread: War/Mage/Disc

War/Mage/Disc

I've been running Mage/War/Disc for a few weeks now (About one week legitimately, our priest literally just started gearing about a week ago and finished the pvp set a few days ago), and am curious to see what kind of insight there is out there on this comp.

It seems like it has a very high potential, but I think I need a little bit of guidance as far as how to make this comp more fluent and deadly. I generally (as the warrior) am calling out everything that is going on, what to CC, what to train, what CDs to pop... for the three of us, and that's not an issue. I just need to get a leg up as far as some key points and factors for this comp to be successful, so I can start a mental checklist for each match as it progresses, and can line up kills more efficiently for my team.

For the most part, it goes smoothly, but every now and then we catch a team that beats us 3-4 times no matter what adjustment we make (last night it was War/Lock/RDruid that did us in). I'm not QQ'ing by any means, just curious to get some experienced response with players who have ran this comp, so I can start integrating some new tactics into what we're doing already (or correcting mistakes we're making). Thanks

In b4 wall of text...and LOL this is not arenajunkies!

for WLD, do what every mage team does against druid teams:

Deep Freeze => RoF => Polymorph => Polymorph => Psychic Scream => Deep Freeze => Switch druid for 10 seconds to force cds, switch off to druid partner => Polymorph => polymorph => psychic scream...cold snapped Ring + CS/Silence interspersed throughout for the luls.

Also always switch off a target that has full hots rolling and has just been healed to full.

Any loss a mage team incurs on a druid team is almost entirely the mage's fault. He has the capabilities to lock us out of an entire match.
    Last edited by PinkTheUnicorn; 2011-05-11 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priest just needs to keep the warrior mobile so he can destroy something. Lots of dispelling, while keeping the mage alive because higher rated teams will try to sit on the mage in many situations. Think about what you're trading from RMP (the best Priest-Mage-X comp) - the rogue's control and survivability for the Warrior's straight up damage. You have to take advantage of that by keeping your warrior on his target.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkTheUnicorn View Post
    for WLD, do what every mage team does against druid teams:

Deep Freeze => RoF => Polymorph => Polymorph => Psychic Scream => Deep Freeze => Switch druid for 10 seconds to force cds, switch off to druid partner => Polymorph => polymorph => psychic scream...cold snapped Ring + CS/Silence interspersed throughout for the luls.

Also always switch off a target that has full hots rolling and has just been healed to full.

Any loss a mage team incurs on a druid team is almost entirely the mage's fault. He has the capabilities to lock us out of an entire match.
    Appreciate the response - and it makes a ton of sense. I tried this -exact- setup with my mage when we first started playing, and it just never went smoothly. Maybe lack of execution on the mages part? The CC chain makes a TON of sense to me on paper, Im not sure how hard it would be to pull that off (it cant be that hard). A part of it was my Mage was saying he lost the pressure he could put up with using DF offensively on his combos, and partner his lack of pressure with lack of execution on the CC, and it just never panned out, so we dropped the strategy. Perhaps a discussion with my mage can go a long way - I cant imagine any way for a team to survive that kind of CC chain from a mage without their healer.

When you hit tree form, say the CC chain doesnt work out, what is our best bet in that situation? Turtle, go defensive, and wait for the healing extravaganza to come to an end?