Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I'm not trying to excuse bad tanks, but this is also pretty annoying. I've been getting full epic DPS on my 348 Prot Paladin (specced for survival, not threat) in random heroics lately and it is all I can do to keep aggro off of them when they're attacking Skull, God help me and the healer if they're attacking something else.

On my DK, it isn't a problem because my DK is geared for those sort of players and can hold aggro off of them just fine, but my Paladin is not and cannot; and I'm considered the bad tank cause I have to constantly taunt. =(
    I don't mind tanks who have to constantly taunt. What bothers me is when I attack skull, pull threat, and see the tank just completely ignore it while the healer spam heals me for 10 seconds until it dies (or with a not as great healer, I just get gibbed). If I was attacking something other than skull, I'd understand it, but letting skull get pulled off you and then not bothering to taunt it back for 8+ seconds is just lazy imo :P.

I've had to hold the hands of many tanks who swear they know the dungeons. Should I expect a tank to always know everything? Not really. Should I expect ever tank to not lie to me if I ask them if they know the place? Not really, but I will find out real fast if you are and boot you.

I don't care what your role is, if you're bad, you're gone.

The goodie bag did several things:

1) Made the queue shorter.

2) Got more people playing as terrible tanks.

3) Mad the time to complete a dungeon much longer. (Hai gaiz, lets wipe on trash! woot! now lets run back, vote kick, wait for a replacement, explain the strat again, *snore*)

I don't wait much less than before, but the quality has sure been... interesting. Had a shadowpriest pulling 4.5k dps on Jin's adds. That's with a 15% damage increase. That's about 3900 dps without the buff. But that's ok, we booted him, and another melee left, so we got in a hunter and mage, who were both super cocky and said they knew the fight. Sure, but neither of them attacked the adds. They both were attacking chains when they were still bubbled, and didn't run to them when selected by the troll. They, combined, did 0 dps on the adds, and no dps on the chains (bubbles never broke).

Great stuff : )