10 man heroic t11 groups

So current my guild is 4/13 H 12/12 N in this teir, we are able to do 25man H Halfus and Chim but to be honest when its gets to real progression our 25 mans fail. We have decided to drop into two ten man heroic groups. My groups consist of

Raid Comp. ( DPS & HPS for Magmaw H to compare our level of skill )

Tanks :
    Prot Pally
    Prot Warrior

Healers : Magmaw HPS (yeah we stand out of shit. )
    Resto Druid : 11k
    Resto Shammy :11.2 k
    Holy Pally : 10.9K

DPS : Magmaw DPS
    Shadow Priest (myself) : 26k
    Fire Mage : 22k
    Ele Shammy :20k
    MM/Surv Hunter : 21k
    Assassination Rogue : 19K

What my real question is, is that what heroics in the future will we see a problem with this current group setup.
    We just downed magmaw last night which if what I understand should be the 7th Heroic a group downs. Our Gear is correctly enchanted and gems, our players are prime to be honest, Im just worried that as a 10 man we will hit some brick walls because of straight up group comp.

Please if you are currently raiding heroics and have suppassed our progression please explain any upcoming huddles we will see.

Thanks for the time and sorry for such a long post

Seems good.
    Rogue for V&T
    2 tanks + a melee or shaman for Nefarian
    Shaman for interrupting on Cho'gall, along with a warrior for leaps, nice...
    Everything else ranged, if your rogue has a similarly geared ranged alt for some fights that would be even better. For most heroics there is no advantage to bringing melee.

Seems to be about right. Honestly my only concern is that the hunter is 5k behind anyone on any fight.
    Last edited by Ciah; 2011-05-11 at 07:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Ciah View Post
    Honestly my only concern is that the hunter is 5k behind anyone on any fight.
    To be honest Im just a god at my class, plus he was surv which was more for the lava add control.

And about the rogue. We even used him on atramedes heroic

Probably the only reason we got it down. That sprint is OP

By the way the bosses we have killed are Halfus, Chim, Atramedes, and Magmaw

Deleted
    The hunter is 5k behind the top dps, not behind all dpsers.

True. but as I said the hunter is surv which drops their dps in my experience

Survival is still amazing DPS in a 10 man set up. I am usually number 1 or 2 on total damage for any heroic fight I am doing. The only person that can usually outdps me is our Arcane mage. Being survival is not an excuse for not maxxing your dps, I might be a little higher dps as MM but the lack of a bleed damage debuff and no melee haste means I am going survival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cabibi64 View Post

And about the rogue. We even used him on atramedes heroic

Probably the only reason we got it down. That sprint is OP
    A mage with blink spec + glyph and a life grip should be enough to solo the whole air phase.
    A frost dk would help a ton for fights where you can aoe kite adds, for example council.
    The aoe could potentially be to low for Maloriak.

Your group is fine, but you could use dk for add kiting etc, but if your hunter can do that job you should be fine on most fights. Plus you a have a mage you can always help with ring of frost. It is harder but can be done.
    The aoe could potentially be to low for Maloriak.
    Shadow priest, fire mage and hunter and you are saying low aoe? You gotta be kidding. Yes no locks, but this classes do just as well if not better then demo lock.
    Last edited by nanessa; 2011-05-11 at 09:54 PM.

Yeah our aoe last night was quite good on halfus and magmaw not too worried about maloriak but we will see tonight

I actually got out dps'd by our SV hunter on Magmaw. He did 24k, I did 23k (bad I know but still getting used to MM again lol). Although we had no armor debuff, physical damage debuff, bleed debuff... So being SV is not an excuse...

Magmaw is usually the 4th or 5th a group downs now after the nerfs to it btw.

You don't have a plate dps for break tanking Chimaeron so that might be problematic.

You want a DK for Conclave heroic, you got your rogue for soloing wind ultimates.

Omnotron should be easy enough as you have a shaman to solo interrupts (I suggest 4 healing having you go disc).

V&T should be easy as that's just a rogue plays good fight, 1 tank it though and bring an extra dps to make it quicker or an extra healer to make it easier.

With recent buffs to AOE you shouldn't have problems on Maloriak.

Other than the above, I have no experience past 7/13 on 10man (Listed conclave because we spent A LOT of time on it before disbanding).

You have a pretty decent raid setup , i would however advice your hunter to play MM on all fights except conclave.On conclave a frost dk makes it way easier but you can do it just fine with a bit of coordonation.Have your mage play frost with rogue and priest on wind platform,hunter go SV with 2 tp in entrapment for adds on nature platform.You can try to grp up , wait all adds to spawn there , wait for the green shit to pop on the ground, Knock them back , hunter drop trap and aoe them down asap.It's a bit tricky but with a bit of practice you'll get it done.On chimaeron as someone mentioned about a plate dps tanking break it's really not necesarry.WE never used it and you really don;t need it.Just have the tank that's tanking feud phase out of the grp and it;s really easy.On Valiona and theralion, we use our prot pala to go in as he gets first stacks, he kills some adds inside (as he can reset his stacks in there with bubble),then when next tank gets 4 stacks we use a boomkin+ healer to stack on tank and get inside aswell.You can have the rogue go in and kill as many adds as possible as he can survie there for a long time.Council in my oppinion is kinda retarded especially in phase 2, and needs a bigger learning curve.WE spent like 4 full days on it but after we got the drill we just went next reset and killed it first try.Trick in ph 3 there is to position well you raid, if ppl link among each other it;s a wipe.I'm too tired to write more atm, but anyway wish ya best of luck

thanks for the advice and ideas guys

we 3 shot mal tonight and now workin on conclave got through 1 rotation of movement

Deleted
    Your group looks realy good. Make sure your dps get used to other specs they have to be more flexible (like mage going frost) and you realy should be ok.

Your group setup is fine. You're pretty much at the same progression level as us so I can't really say 'having this is awesome for Maloriak' or whatever will help if you've already nailed the fight. The DPS seems decent (though I'm not really sure what you're basing this on - Argaloth? It will differ every fight surely?) Having an elemental shaman on Maloriak is very useful as they aren't so decent in the aoe department so they can focus on the interrupts (I do arcane storm, feral or rogue does aberrations).

Good luck!

Yu have a rogue, just go cheese Heroic V&T and Heroic Conclave. Farm those along with the ones yu have a couple weeks and walk through the rest of the fight.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...m/jin/advanced
    You've fallen into a Sarchasm.
    It's the gap between someone being sarcastic, and you picking up on that sarcasm.

Our comp consists of:

Blood DK
    Prot/Fury(For H Atr/Al'akir/V&T) Warrior (me)
    Resto Druid
    Holy/Disc Priest
    Holy Pally
    Ele/Resto(For H Al'akir) Sham
    Mut Rogue
    SPriest
    Surv Hunter
    Destro Lock

Pretty similar setup to yours. Wish we had Raid Wall, but Rallying Cry can be situational to help on that. But for the most part you I don't see any real problems you can have, tanking Constructs/Parasites as a Prot Warrior is OP as hell and makes the fight a breeze. If your Shaman can interrupt well you're good for Omnitron. You do have a Mana Tide though which will is pretty good, we double (or even triple if our Hunter can't make it and we have a benched SPriest come in) hymn for mana, and know when to use concentration potions so it's not too bad.

We just got H Al'akir down tonight (Yay, server first) and are now 9/13, been 8/13 for 2 months and had attendance issues getting Al'akir down but it finally happened. Ultimately you'll be fine. Just do work.

Deleted
    Healers : Magmaw HPS (yeah we stand out of shit. )
    Resto Druid : 11k
    Resto Shammy :11.2 k
    Holy Pally : 10.9K
    33k total HPS on Magmaw seems quite a bit too much. We're consistently doing this with 2 healers with around 26k combined HPS, so yeah, stand a little less in the fire.

DPS : Magmaw DPS
    Shadow Priest (myself) : 26k
    Fire Mage : 22k
    Ele Shammy :20k
    MM/Surv Hunter : 21k
    Assassination Rogue : 19K
    When your healing was a bit on the high side, DPS seems a tad low. Doing anything sub-22k is unacceptable on Magmaw. Could be a gear issue, of course.

What my real question is, is that what heroics in the future will we see a problem with this current group setup.
    We just downed magmaw last night which if what I understand should be the 7th Heroic a group downs. Our Gear is correctly enchanted and gems, our players are prime to be honest, Im just worried that as a 10 man we will hit some brick walls because of straight up group comp.

Please if you are currently raiding heroics and have suppassed our progression please explain any upcoming huddles we will see.

Thanks for the time and sorry for such a long post
    Well, you have a prot paladin, which is superb for many of the aoe-heavy fights, such as Nefarian, Cho'gall and Sinestra. Also it's nice to have 4 classes (2 paladins, rogue and a mage) that can reset their stacks in Al'Akir p2.

There's just no fights in the current content for which you're required to have a specific class, other than getting a BL from some source of course. Many people seem to prefer using a rogue in heroic V&T 10s, but you can just as well have your other tank kill a few of the adds while he gets thrown in Twilight Realm.

One good thing to do at this point is to pick one of the healers and have him gear up his dps offspec. You will be doing many of the fights with 2 healers (Cho'gall, Sinestra), so having one of them go dps is critical. This is of course unless you can bring someone else to replace one healer on these fights. One tank should have dps gear as well, if only for killing Ascendant Council.

Also, there's no RNG, there's just bad gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoced9c7f72b6; 2011-05-12 at 09:03 AM.

I guess I'll throw in some fight tips as well:

H Maloriak: Let Aberrations release before the first dark phase if you can. With 3 600k health adds and that damage reduction they come out to being about just as difficult as the Vile Swills to kill, so if your tank is competent at moving out of dark sludges the damage is still pretty negligible. The biggest part for me (I'm the one who does that) is it gets your Vengeance built up some from more than just Vigilance gives and you have a much easier time getting some snap aggro on the Swills. You let 9 aberrations come out before Green and with one frost trap and or a tanking spec with Piercing Howl (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...agaqt/advanced if you need a reference on it) can kite them fine, or even tank them with proper CD rotation if I'm feeling lazy). We usually let the Aberration cast during Green phase go off and interrupt the one before Dark Phase. Once again same thing for Dark Phase. We usually have to stop all DPS on him during the Dark Phase or we risk pushing him before, so what we ended up doing is just pushing him as soon as the 3 adds + swill are down, so I then just have to tank the 2 big adds and 3 aberrations, damage is very manageable with good DPS (Usually only get about 7 stacks on the Rend before it goes down). You can even kite the aberrations while tanking the big adds and rotate CDs, shockwave blah blah.

H Atr: Roll face, kill add (interrupts/stuns), try to have a Druid ring the gong during air phase, Life Grip + Power Word: Nike + Dash + Stampeding Roar = lulz

H Chim: We have the DPS to push him in 2 feuds (usually right around 65% when the first one starts), so we have the DK take breaks, me do double attacks first, when that first feud is done and I become double attack tank, I will have those 4 stacks of break on me for the first double attack coming out of feud, Shield Wall + Block never fail me on that one. Second Feud just make sure you have enough health for the first hit, right before the second one hits I pop Shield Block which gets that one, the double attack, and the last one, pop a CD if you want. Then when final phase starts DK back up to a corner, I go to exact opposite corner, all my CDs ready to pop when he gets to me, can usually stay alive until roughly 5%, collect loot

H Mag: Really you need to have your Pally do Mag the whole time and your Warrior do Constructs+Parasites, it really is the easiest thing ever, like incredibly, trivializes the fight in my opinion.

H Omnitron can appear to be an RNG clusterf**k. Lightning Conductor during Grip of Death and a Poison Protocol is lol. Just have the raid cooldowns ready to take care of it, and kill the adds IMMEDIATELY really can't be made more important. You need really good communication on this fight, make sure everyone stays vocal and helpful.

H Halfus: 2 tank, roll face, lol

H V&T: Sub Rogue to solo the twilight realm, pops out for heals when it's undercontrol. DK tank stays vocal on when he is about to get thrown in so Rogue knows to piggyback in if he needs to get in. For Valiona we Aura Mastery the first blackout. Rallying Cry/Power Word: Barrior the second. For Theralion tank him in the middle DK stacking with a group consisting of me, Pally healer, Disc Priest (casting bubble doesn't trigger the AoE so he is perma there) and whoever has Twilight Meteor at the time. When he gets 3/4 stacks of Twilight Shift he just rotates 180 degrees. Ranged staying on their toes to move out of fire/away for AoE. Second Valiona works the same, you get a third blackout during Dazzling Destruction, which is best handled if you get lucky and can Cloak/Disperse/Bubble it, but if not just have your tank running across the room with Valiona and everyone else running along his flanks and all collapse on the tail for blackout. Usually works well for avoiding Dazzling Destruction.

H Conclave: SPriest, Hunter, Rogue, me, Resto Druid with Anshal. Blood DK and HPal with Nazir. HPriest, Warlock, Ele Sham with Rohash. Tank in middle, first heal spot comes move to side of entrance, adds spawn, pick them up (Vigilance taunt, cleaves, heroic throw, tc) should have them gathered right in time to Shockwave and if you time the shockwave right they won't even cast their AoE, but regardless you then to the side that goes to Nazir, adds die, everyone jumps over DPS Nazir for 5 seconds after Ultimates, DPS and HPriest return to their platforms. DK does same thing on I did but handles the adds with a trap and running. Repeat one more and even ignore the 3rd set of adds and you collect loot.

H Al'akir: You're going to have to tweak and work whatever strats you find on what works best for your group. Highly advise 4 healing and 1 tanking it. As Fury I just go Def Stance and do adds in P2. Once you can CONSISTANTLY get past P1 with 0 or 1 brezzable death you'll have him down in 10 more attempts guaranteed. BLust at 8ish stacks. P3 we fly to ceiling and behind him. Down 3, go to bottom, up 3, go to top, until you get your loots. I think the average # of attempts is roughly 300 before he goes down, really sucks but you have to stop every so often and go farm to boost morale. Really P1 just requires everyone to be incredibly adaptable and on their toes, if you really just want practice on P2, TRY to stay alive, but if 1 DPS dies where he can be brezzed for whatever reason 9 people really is the PERFECT number for spreading and not getting gibbed by lightning. Then brez him in P2 and go from there.

And that's all the advise I have to offer, best of luck on collecting your purples

EDIT: Sorry if my grammar isn't too good. 4 am distraction from studying for finals, feeling tired.
    Last edited by TeracottaMaid; 2011-05-12 at 09:03 AM.