Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeean View Post
    Vodka kill it, using the same bug as Yogg Saron first kill (tank can't be reach and boss don't attack)

dont drop anything as I saw
    Pretty much this :P

Method just killed Lord Rhyolith. They are the first as far as I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    The spider boss is not possible. Period.

The boss seems like it should go back up to the web when she reaches 0 energy while in phase 2. But she doesn't, she just stands there and continues to bomb the raid for massive AE dmg :P

Vodka had a tank up top that had aggro or something, and was able to bug it out for a kill lol. They spent like 2 minutes DPSing after she hit 0 energy, where everyone was wiping today. So basically... super over tuned & broken.
    its the ptr,im sure they'll eventually balance it so where it will at least be killable.but whatever,i have little to no hope that my guild will get anything done in firelands anyway,the only reason they killed cho gall was because of multi shot being overbuffed

Quote Originally Posted by Frosticles View Post
    Method just killed Lord Rhyolith. They are the first as far as I can tell.
    We (Apex) killed him at around the same time, probably just after Method.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7307/...1211202958.jpg

Deleted
    i was writing a recap for my guild(but it italian, cba to translate it now) i'm pretty sure i've figured everything except for the hp pool, since it seems it's not % based but maybe on absolute hp and how does he gets the enrage stacks. i've figured it could be due to walking over the mini lava pools that spawn after a volcano is destroyed or due to the 4 mini pillars, similar to the p3 of twilight council, that spawn on a player and deal around 30k dmg. they're hard to see since they're small but watching a stream i was able to detect them multiple times.
    edit: forgot to mention that i've seen that legs get often(10-15 sec) healed for 50-100k
    Last edited by mmocafa384cbe9; 2011-05-12 at 09:00 PM.

Catastrophe killed him as well like 2 hours ago.

Last edited by oraygungor; 2011-05-12 at 09:37 PM.

Yes, Catastrophe from Dunemaul-EU killed the boss after a while than Apex. And Molten armor debuff timer got bugged i guess, we managed 14 stacks of molten armor on p2

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    We (Apex) killed him at around the same time, probably just after Method.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7307/...1211202958.jpg
    what tukui edit are u using? looks very nice

and gratz btw on the kill

I'm using ElvUI, had it for like a year and a half now. :>

Deleted
    Wow killed already? Buff it much

10+ Year Old Account
    So thats 1 over-tuned boss and 1 under-tuned boss, if you got your score cards out.

Rhyolith didn't feel that undertuned, seemed pretty fun and challenging, lots of stuff going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahippo View Post
    We are gunna use some dust brown to paint some happy little tornados here, and one more here. Then we are going to use some white to paint happy little wind blasts here. Just dab the brush along the base of al akir, and there you have it. THE GAYEST FIGHT EVER

The boss certainly wasn't undertuned for the most part. Actually, it's probably overtuned for a raid of normal mode decked players. The second phase was disproportionately easy compared to the first though, so I hope they buff that.

10+ Year Old Account
    One would say it depends on how hard you want Firelands to be, but all that nonsense aside;i like the basic strats of the first two fights, atleast phase 1 of Beth.
    Last edited by Nyghtfall; 2011-05-13 at 12:29 AM.

The fights currently are either bugged, overtuned, or both. What do you expect though from a beta type fight on a PTR?

Keep in mind, they are intended to die at a decent pace in response to the comment about Rhyolith dying already. They're tuned for 359 gear so when guilds in full 372s wipe on fights primarily to just over the top damage/health, they're probably onto something. Beth'tilac is just bugged though and only killed by Vodka exploiting the fight.

this particular fight with Rhyolith requires dedicated cooperation and communication to handle the mechanics of the fight. Having to "walk" the boss around certain objectives can prove to be a challenge from any aspect regardless of of Item Level. Though I will agree that phase 2 is quite simple and plain, as far as mechanics go. It's just a generic, nuke fest that doesn't really match up with how the previous phase was.

Though I think we can look forward to seeing the other bosses of Firelands to be of the same nature with having to bring together communication and timing to another stand point.