Thread: Dota 2

Deleted

Angry Dota 2

Apologies if you were expecting enlightenment / news but this is more of a rant than anything else.

There have only been 2 posts on the DotA 2 official website (http://www.dota2.com/) and the game is supposed to be coming out this year!

I'm not a massive gamer so I was wondering, is this just how game developers work? Do you think a game which has had no press releases for the first half of 2011 is likely to be released in the second half?
    Last edited by mmocdcc4b01714; 2011-06-01 at 07:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand i'm dissapointed by the lack of info, on the other i'd rather most of it to be secret and they spend all their time on developing the game itself rather than posting on a blog

Deleted
    I'm not saying they should reveal everything, but it would be nice to get some info on a couple of heroes, maybe a short video of gameplay and the map.. The way the official site has just dropped off the radar is a bit of a shame.

I want to see this game but im not gonna play it. This is blasphemy imo, DotA is a blizzard thing, im waiting for real dota to starcraft 2, will be awesome.

So excited.Can't wait.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Velthy View Post
    I want to see this game but im not gonna play it. This is blasphemy imo, DotA is a blizzard thing, im waiting for real dota to starcraft 2, will be awesome.
    More like Blizzard's WC3 is a Dota thing .I think more people play DotA than play regular WC3 maps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So excited.Can't wait.

---------- Post added 2011-06-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

More like Blizzard's WC3 is a Dota thing .I think more people play DotA than play regular WC3 maps

Haha true dat.

Besides, as far as I know the original DotA wasn't the brainchild of a Blizzard employee. Three cheers for Blizzard for the custom maps but DotA belongs to the people! <key soaring musical score>

Wasn't dota 2 delayed to 2012 already?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    So excited.Can't wait.

Le sigh, Dota is basically a rip-off of Aeons of Strife from original SC.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

DotA has been delayed till 2012 sadly Can't wait to get my hands on it used to be a Dota addict till WoW showed up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Wasn't dota 2 delayed to 2012 already?
    See what I mean? No mention of this on the official website! /sigh

Edit: Just did some research on this and that rumor was in fact an April Fools joke. 2011 is still the year of our Lord Icefrog.
    Last edited by mmocdcc4b01714; 2011-06-01 at 08:19 PM.