Poll: Mix or not ?

Deleted

Mixing the Vicious gear (for 400 res) , bad choice or not ?

Hey guys,

I'll be short on this one, do you mix the gear for additional resilience or not ?
    (only available for druids, priests and shamans). why that ?
    Because they have 2 sets and can mix 2 pieces from the resto spec with 2 from the dps spec.
    400 res is ~ 5% damage reduction right ?

So what do you think about it ?
    A good/bad ideea ?

To be honest on my druid i have 2 pieces from one set (leggs/helm (balance)) and 3 from the other.
    Yes, i'm resto.

Thanks,
    All the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you like your 4set?

If so, don't mix.

If not, mix.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    for druids and shamans, yes.

for priests, no. their 4 set is better than the extra resil

but i've seen a couple blue posts that say next season theyre gona make it so you cant mix match sets to get 2 of the 2-set bonuses.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

They are going to make it so next season you cannot due it. Untill then 2 set 2 set Druid /Shammy and for priest their 4 set is too good.

Pounced#1519

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    for druids and shamans, yes.

for priests, no. their 4 set is better than the extra resil

but i've seen a couple blue posts that say next season theyre gona make it so you cant mix match sets to get 2 of the 2-set bonuses.
    fair enough, pretty much the answer i needed, thanks.
    if i'm not the only one who is doing that it's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    They are going to make it so next season you cannot due it. Untill then 2 set 2 set Druid /Shammy and for priest their 4 set is too good.
    Blizz is fucking determined to squash any playstyle that might be considered innovative, or different.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Blizz is fucking determined to squash any playstyle that might be considered innovative, or different.
    Er, that's not innovative or different, it's been around forever.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    Er, that's not innovative or different, it's been around forever.
    Yeah but its not something ever play can do, or will do if they can. If it is even a tiny bit outside the box then blizzard nerfs it.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Yeah but its not something ever play can do, or will do if they can. If it is even a tiny bit outside the box then blizzard nerfs it.
    Eh, isn't it more about the fact that the classes that can 2p/2p get 400 resilience more than the classes that can't? Unless, of course, you think every class should have 2-3 sets available to them in order to get an extra 400 resilience to their name.

Sure, earlier on when people were still working up gear, priests needed it (in particular before 4.1, remember how discs were mostly absent from arena because they got squashed?), resto/ele (harhar, ele) needed it, resto druids perhaps a bit less so - but now where most people that arena/BG have had the time to fill out every last slot with purples, it's not as desperately needed.

I play a shadow priest. I actually - largely due to unfortunate timing, and because I'm a moron, went for 4 piece satin set. Then I realized I was getting my head kicked in and needed more resilience. So, 2p/2p (also, on an unrelated note, shadow 4piece bonus isn't really that exciting). Then I saw 4.1's change to disc set. Then I saw it was not going on to the shadow set.

A measure of bitter tears about the cruel irony of Blizzard later, I shifted back into 2p/2p while aquiring 4 piece healing set.

Sure, I had the option to boost my resilience with 400, and it was nice. But on the same page, I'd have loved to have that option while I was gearing my rogue, to help jumpstart the survivability that extra bit.

So, at the end, I don't see it as particularly "out of the box", merely a case of utilizing a mechanic that wasn't thought particularly well through. It's never been game-breaking, but it's never been fair to those that only have 1 set option available, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has been said its generally a bad idea unless you play a resto shaman, or resto druid or possibly a priest. They are really the only ones the stats could work with from different sets of gear.

In the long run however its often best to have the 4 set because of the bonuses, unless you play a spec like ret paladin where the set bonus sucks ass & if you play a ret paladin I have to ask, are you a masochist ? because they are fucked up for pvp now.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.