Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Increase black arrow damage by 15%, and black arrow heals for damage done.

There. SV is now on par with MM with dps, and healing. Hunters have a hot like priests, warlocks and the like. In pvp it can still be dispelled just like you can dispel a rogues regeneration.

Black arrow no longer feels so terrible, everyone is happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoGhost View Post
    in pvp you earn your gear. in pve its a group of 25 people doing a scripted fight, then argue over loot. take your pick.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    31pt IMO should be something like vendetta for Rogue, but affect Camo. maybe a mix of juggernaut and vendetta? " Your Camoflauge is now usable during combat. Additionally, while Camoflauged and for six seconds after breaking Camoflauge, your damage is increased by 15%"
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    31pt IMO should be something like vendetta for Rogue, but affect Camo. maybe a mix of juggernaut and vendetta? " Your Camoflauge is now usable during combat. Additionally, while Camoflauged and for six seconds after breaking Camoflauge, your damage is increased by 15%"
    Personally I'd rather camo be changed to a defensive cooldown. Such as, replace counterattack with Improved Camouflage: Your camouflage is now usable in combat, and while in camouflage and for 10 seconds after breaking it, you and your pet take 15% less damage.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derian View Post
    Personally I'd rather camo be changed to a defensive cooldown. Such as, replace counterattack with Improved Camouflage: Your camouflage is now usable in combat, and while in camouflage and for 10 seconds after breaking it, you and your pet take 15% less damage.
    We don't need another survivability cooldown, Detterence is fine. We need more offensive pressure. I'm mostly speaking in terms of pvp, as IMO we are perfectly fine in pve.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

What about a leeching type of shot? Kinda like Chimera shot, but a dot that heals 5% of damage done per tick and slightly higher damage than black arrow

I saw someone posts earlier about having the BA DoT increase damage dealt to the target by a certain % which is something I'd really like to see. A slight buff to the damage in addition to that would make it a very nice option to me. If they don't increase the damage though I'd be happy enough kust to see it no longer share a CD with traps.

Black Arrow is fine, but I'd decrease it's cooldown by add some drain healing to it (% of damage as heal to the Hunter) so Survival is not the only spec without self-healing, and decouple it from Fire Traps so if AoE trap is required, SV hunter doesn't have to gimp his DPS by not using their end-talent abilty.

Black Arrow
    Rank 1/1
    Requires 1 point in Wyvern Sting
    35 Focus
    Instant Cast 20 sec cooldown
    Fires a Black Arrow at the target, dealing X Shadow damage over 15 seconds and healing the Hunter for Y% damage it deals.

Edit: Yes, I didn't read posts above when I posted this, I only read first page.
    Last edited by Sojourner; 2011-05-12 at 09:21 PM.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrantx View Post
    What about a leeching type of shot? Kinda like Chimera shot, but a dot that heals 5% of damage done per tick and slightly higher damage than black arrow
    They should make our other abilities actually useful first. Widow Venom with a leech effect would be nice. Something like it reduces healing by x%(current 10 but I remember them contemplating buffing those effects to 20), and heals you for 5% of any heal the target casts." while that may be too powerful, it does add fun and useful functionality to the spell. Puts the FUN in FUNctionality!

The entire Surv tree merely needs the entirety of the 4.0.6 nerf reverted. It would at least bandaid fix it for a while until they could fix mechanical problems (such as Explo having just RAP instead of a weapon modifier.)

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    We don't need another survivability cooldown, Detterence is fine. We need more offensive pressure. I'm mostly speaking in terms of pvp, as IMO we are perfectly fine in pve.
    I was thinking a defensive CD for survival only; MM has the double deterrence with readiness, BM has a much shorter deterrence cooldown thanks to cthc, and survival has... counterattack! And, mirrored blades! Because, you know, popping deterrence isn't already a sign that your attackers should stop casting at you and wait.

Plus, Speaking in terms of offensive pressure, the camo change I suggested would help to maintain that; you'd be able to pop it and continue what you were doing, whereas if you're forced to pop deterrence, any pressure you were putting on the other team goes away.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XanderJS View Post
    I saw someone posts earlier about having the BA DoT increase damage dealt to the target by a certain % which is something I'd really like to see. A slight buff to the damage in addition to that would make it a very nice option to me. If they don't increase the damage though I'd be happy enough kust to see it no longer share a CD with traps.
    That was my post I believe.

Black Arrow when it was early introduced had a 6% extra damage done to the target affected and I can't remember why they removed that. Anyone who can remember, feel free to refresh our memories. Bringing that damage increase back would probably be slighly gamechanging for surv.

Survival Hunter = A rugged tracker who favors using animal venom, explosives and traps as deadly weapons.

For me, I would put an offensive CD on the 31st point as Survival kind of lacks in that department, relying solely on Rapid Fire, which is on a long 5min CD (not including any racials, of course).

My ideas:

Poison Cocktail- An AoE type ability that hurls a vial of mixed poisons at a selected area (similar to Trap Launching), causing the ground to be covered in a poisonous goo and would deal Nature damage every 3 sec for 21 sec. This would be on a relatively short CD (1.5min).

Kamikaze Bait- A single target ability in which you set down an explosive decoy pet and send it downrange to your target, which then violently explodes to deal a large amount of Fire damage. It could have a medium pushback effect to be useful in PvP. Relatively short CD (1.5-2min).

Electrocution Trap- A new powerful trap that would electrocute any target unfortunate enough to walk on it (or hit with it via Trap Launcher). It would deal Nature damage every few sec and add a movement reducing effect to be effective in PvP. It would have both the punching power of Explosive Trap and the slowing effect of Ice Trap, but would probably trigger Fire and Ice trap's 24sec CD (assuming you talented for 3/3 Resourcefulness).

That's all I can think of for now, it's 4AM

Detonate

Automatically Triggers Trap Effect and increases provides an additional effect.

~-~-~-~-~

Let me explain a reason why I would want this done.

PvE: It would instantly pop your trap so on a fight like Chimaeron where we basically can lay down our trap, but it won't activate you could instantly detonate it. (As an example) Say we put Imolation 5 Yards in Front of our target. We Activate Detonate causing Immo to instantly trigger onto our Target.

Useful with the new Trap Scaling.

PvP: Detonate the Freezing so peeps can't dance around it.

~-~-~-~

Remove Entrapment.

~-~-~-~

Immolation Trap (Detonate) : Applies DoT and causes Target to Burn increasing Fire Damage Taken by X%

Explosive Trap (Detonate) : Explodes damaging all targets within 15 Yards causing them to take X Fire Damage. Still Scorches the Ground.
    Option 1: Removes the Ground Effect and deals a DoT that inflicts Fire Damage over 10 seconds. Would be used for when mobs will not be in place or for more burst AoE.
    Option 2: Keep Ground Effect and just have them take increased fire damage by x%

Snake Trap (Detonate) : Your Snakes strike the nearest Target within 10 Yards and Heal for X% of the damage they deal with all attacks and poisons. (This works if Snake Damage is increased by the new Scaling)

Frost Trap (Detonate) : Detonate your Frost Trap Freezing the nearest target. After Frost Trap Expires Reduces Targets Movement Speed by 50% for 10 Seconds.

Freezing Trap (Detonate) : Instantly Freezes all targets in place for 6 Seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't. Have a ton of purpose right now but could open the hunter to more melee type play, it runs similar to the move in heroes of newerth used by the character wildsoul. The name however escapes me but the jist is you turn into a berserk sort of animal, losing your ranged capabilities for a short duration but doing much more melee damage! I think it would be fun