Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Volcano still viable now and after 4.2?

Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting the Darkmoon Card: Volcano trinket, since it would be a huge benefit compared to my crappy trinkets. Now, this is running for about 8k-10k, and I just wanted to know how you feel about getting this so close to the next major content patch.

I'm not in a raiding guild, only PuGing my way through Bwd/Bot at the weekends, so I wont be able to hit firelands right when it comes out.

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...k/naire/simple

Thanks!

Well its not like 4.2 will be out for the least another month, so go for it, money should never be a pb.
    Banned for trolling.

Deleted
    it isnt, but i dont want to blast out 10k gold to find out that i will have to swap it out after a month because it's total crap all of a sudden

Buy it now, worst case it will help you get better faster in 4.2 and it's a very nice trinket either way.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Buy it OP go go

It's truly amazing

Quote Originally Posted by thewax View Post
    it isnt, but i dont want to blast out 10k gold to find out that i will have to swap it out after a month because it's total crap all of a sudden
    It is BiS now, and I mean it can be very close to trinkets in normal modes of Fireland, that mean, if you now have Darkmoon + Random trinket, you can in Fireland switch that Random trinket for new one, or do you mean you will have two new trinkets fast after release?
    Guild Website - server EU-Drak'thul (Horde)
    www.impiks.cz

10+ Year Old Account
    You are willing to suffer however long the patch is going to come out OP <.<? Just buy it and you will make your gold back the time you previously bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    You are willing to suffer however long the patch is going to come out OP <.<? Just buy it and you will make your gold back the time you previously bought it
    It really doesn't take that long/ cost that much for them now anyway.

Also offtopic, that avatar brings back many, many nightmares from a certain scene in a certain movie for me *shudders*

Deleted
    Thanks guys, i'm going for it

It is a trinket I bought for my boomkin / shadow priest and mage since I think it will still be competitive in 4.2. we all know the proc damage is not a big deal but it has a 1600 int proc. Thats almost 2k spell power + mana pool in crease which is used properly can get your a lot of mana back from mana regen abilities ( dispersion/ evocate etc)

example from my shadow priest, my mana goes up to about 120k with DM:volcano proc so using dispersion gives me 42k mana back

10+ Year Old Account
    how big is the chance that the first boss in the fireland raid will drop a better trinket than volcano? and if he does, how big is the chance you'll get that? so go on and buy that card.

Honestly, looking at the PTR stat values of the fireland trinkets, Volcano will be BiS or close to BiS for a few classes until heroic trinkets due to the 45s CD for 1600 int while the other trinkets that do have an int bonus only have around ~1300. While they do have more base stats on the trink, the 300 more int from the proc may outway.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

I remember DMC Greatness, I had that on my warrior all the way in to ICC. Even though it dragged down my item level it was just that good. Same goes for Volcano I think. Its awesome on my destro lock.

While they do have more base stats on the trink, the 300 more int from the proc may outway.
    And even if it doesnt out way it, it probably wont be a big enough upgrade that you will rush to place it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I remember DMC Greatness, I had that on my warrior all the way in to ICC. Even though it dragged down my item level it was just that good. Same goes for Volcano I think. Its awesome on my destro lock.
    My rogue lasted until ToC heroic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    And even if it doesnt out way it, it probably wont be a big enough upgrade that you will rush to place it
    Also, what I forgot is that those CDs are 1 minute, vs 45 seconds. That's a huge difference then just 300 int. More like 450? (Sorry if my math is off, that's just a quick assumtion) and that's a lot more than just getting 50 or so more static mastery.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    It is a trinket I bought for my boomkin / shadow priest and mage since I think it will still be competitive in 4.2. we all know the proc damage is not a big deal but it has a 1600 int proc. Thats almost 2k spell power + mana pool in crease which is used properly can get your a lot of mana back from mana regen abilities ( dispersion/ evocate etc)

example from my shadow priest, my mana goes up to about 120k with DM:volcano proc so using dispersion gives me 42k mana back
    Why would you use Dispersion or Evo during a trinket proc like that?

There is datamined trinkets that gona be better than Volcano, but Iam sure they wont be that easy to get right of the bat so Volcano is still very good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    There is datamined trinkets that gona be better than Volcano, but Iam sure they wont be that easy to get right of the bat so Volcano is still very good.
    Exactly! :P

Bear in mind also, since you don't raid with a guild, that firelands is not going to be as easy to pug 3/4 of the bosses for a while. It's going to take time for the pug crowd to gear up for it and for the strats for the early fights to become common knowledge.