Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

What with all the hating and the bad things...

I'm getting tired of all the prejudice, arrogance and ignorance that fuels all the hating, so I thought I'd do something positiive for once and just write that I think that no matter what our allegiances might be, whatever our political views are, the most important thing in the world is to stay together, show respect and an open mind.

If you go shopping today, say hello to the cashier, smile and say something nice.
    If you se someone today that needs help, offer a hand.
    If you know someone is lonely, give him or her some company.
    If you're having an argument about politics with someone, offer them out for a dinner or buy them an icecream, it's summer and you should be happy!

Here's some kitties too, to help you all on the way to being nice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiHXASgRTcA

Now go be nice to someone, or everyone, and tell us of your good deed right here!

What about people who hate everyone? It would cause some people to suffer to attempt to do the things you listed.

Not to make a thread depressing or anything.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    What about people who hate everyone? It would cause some people to suffer to attempt to do the things you listed.

I see not even kittens work on you! Don't be so bitter.
    They just need some care and loving.
    With respect, insight and understanding, it won't be a problem to do any of it. Use a bit of common sense about it.

And I know no-one hates everyone. People just say that, simply because we take on too much around us and are in contact with way too many people then we can handle. It's only natural that we can't be best friends with everyone, but we don't need to fight either.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2011-05-12 at 12:39 PM.

Well, I'm always polite to clerks and grocery baggers. Their job is crappy enough without me making it worse...

Summer? What's that? I live in the Pacific Northwest, we don't have summer. We have 2 seasons, The Wet Season and The Slightly Less Wet Season.

I have my own cat, and he's a demon from hell. Means we get along just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post

Simple, all you have to say hello (if they shoot you a dirty look well atleast you tried), offer them a hand ("you need a hand" they say no oh well), if they are lonely (ask if they want to hang out, they say no oh well atleast you tried), having an arguement (try to compromise, ask if they would rather eat ice cream , if they say no to that... why don't they like ice cream :< )

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    And I know no-one hates everyone
    I try to tell my wife that, too. She's starting to convince me, though. Interacting with other humans seems to cause her mental trauma sometimes.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost always nice to cashiers, waiters, and delivery men and women as I know in their line of work, they must have to work with some real assholes. I always make sure to order with "please" and always respond "yes or no thank-you." And I always make sure to smile and wish them a good day. Well, that is unless they do or say something that is utterly incompetent or rude, then I return the favor.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    I'm almost always nice to cashiers, waiters, and delivery men and women as I know in their line of work, they must have to work with some real assholes. I always make sure to order with "please" and always respond "yes or no thank-you.".
    Yep, me too. I think it surprises people sometime though, since I hardly ever hear anyone else say please or thank you, etc.

It's always been much easier for me to be nice and polite than mean and contemptuous. I've found the people that complain about how terrible everyone else is usually are the ones who seek out confrontation and take offense to everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your post count Lysah, It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAND.