Poll: MacBook Air SSD vs SATA hard drive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Don't spend it on the Air, see if you can save a little longer and get a 13 inch MBP with the integrated graphics(this one). I know you narrowed it to the air, but you're going to regret it because they still use years-old technology, unlike the MBP line which uses up-to-date hardware. This computer is going to be with you for a few years, so it's never good to settle for outdated hardware.
    thank's for the advice. combine the old technology and the reported heat issues, so i should get a 13" MBP.

If the option is between those two, I would go for the 11". simply because the 13" is out of stock

Warning: I work in the IT field deploying hardware and prefer PC over Mac.

You really have to weigh in what you are after for the correct decision to be made. Here are the benefits of both I can see just from you post and point of view.

Mac book Air 11"
    - Small
    - SSD speed
    - Storage protection (I state this because SSD has vast supremacy in protecting your data vs conventional hard drives for knocks and bumps)

Mac Book 13"
    - Larger screen and resolution
    - Faster CPU
    - More storage

My advise
    Save and go for the 13" SSD, you may wait another month or however long it takes you to gather the extra cash but in the long run it allows you to buy the product you really need.
    On the topic of SSD I would highly recommend this, even tho as someone has pointed out its not a vertex 2/3 type performance but comparing it to an old hard drive at 5200rpm it is like going from a 486 to a quad core i5!
    PC vs Mac, being a PC fan I would choose the Mac... why because unlike PC laptops Mac does it correctly. Their frame isn't garbage, their hardware is tested and proven and performance is good.
    Also from a price point a view PC drops half in price as soon as you leave the door with it. Mac book air will be the same price it is now a year from now. Its just how Mac works.

Don't get confused with the PC lovers in here stating that a Mac book air is garbage vs a PC laptop. Go with what you want and what you need, there has to be a balance.