Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by h0lyshadow View Post
    Only Diablo III deserve pre-order.
    battlefield 3 aswell because they are trying to take some of the Cod fanbase.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h0lyshadow View Post
    Only Diablo III deserve pre-order.
    This, alongside with Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2. :P

On topic: Yeah, a small demo would be great. I also wasted my money on Lost Planet 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Siton View Post
    No, it tells them there are people who put faith in their game and support them no matter the outcome. It should trigger them to make a better game.
    LOL no. I'm sorry this is fantasy land thinking

There's a few very legit review websites now that in my experience are spot on 95% of the time. There's a lot of fanboys out there too but if you want to know if a game is shit or not you have all that info within 24 hours of release.
    Last edited by Silenti; 2011-05-12 at 04:01 PM.

1. Wait for reviews to come out
    2. Rent game
    3. ???
    4. Buy game
    5. Profit

Thats what I do. Only game I bought before reviews were out was CoD and WoW

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    This, alongside with Battlefield 3 and Guild Wars 2. Skyrim

On topic: Yeah, a small demo would be great. I also wasted my money on Lost Planet 2.
    Fixed for correctness

The only games Ive played on my PC the past few years have been MMORPG's. Any games other than RPGs, I prefer playing on an xbox. Great thing about that is there are so many demos available to download so I rarely have to worry about wasting my money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Fixed for correctness
    Ahh, yes. How did I forget about Skyrim.

No one told you to buy the game on release date. They'll still be selling this game for years to come (at a severley reduced price of course).

Buying a game without first knowing about it is silly. I have the game and it is pretty much what I expected of it from watching videos and reading from people who have played it. It has its pros and cons and I think every one has been explained in reviews before the game came out. It's not fun solo so once my friends get bored of it It will be put away.

Pre-ordering has always been a waste to me. The extra costumes or whatever they normally do isn't worth it. If I want a game as soon as possible I'll go up to Wal-Mart at midnight and pick it up hours (or even days if my mail) before people who pre-order.

Deleted
    Would be nice if everyone did a demo.. but yea, I never buy a game unless I've played it before, its gotten good reviews or someone I know played it and liked it :Z

Deleted
    Before buying a game, and playing it online [if you want] download it via peer2peer, try the game, then, if you like it, support the product, buy it, play it.

That's what I usually do [not true].

Quote Originally Posted by Malhkebre View Post
    Before buying a game, and playing it online [if you want] download it via peer2peer, try the game, then, if you like it, support the product, buy it, play it.

That's what I usually do [not true].
    Pirating games is bad mmmk.

I rather like brink, but I agree, demos are always good =\

I think we have a few groups of people in here

Consolers say: Rent the game, gamefly it. Sry I play on real platforms like PC, where every game used to have a demo.
    Reviewers say: Read the reviews then make your decision. This is rarely the case. I mean Black Ops got a 9/10 FFS. Cmon
    PC Gamers say: Yes we should get demos. I agree with these guys

Look, I'm not stupid, I've been PC gaming since Doom, Unreal, Decent ffs, I know what I'm doing. I know what reviews are, I know what demos are, I know what a good game is and I know what you need to have a good game.

Reviews are NOT the way to find a good game anymore. Half the time companies will throw deals or money their way to get a good review, I mean how can you have a review for a game 12Hr's after it's launch? 12 HRS? That's barely scratching the surface of any game.

Pirating seems to be the way I will do my business from now on. If the dev's/publishers refuse to make good games and release demos I will pirate them to see if I like them and then proceed to buy them.

This isn't a Brink rant thread but I will get my say in why I don't like it, I started to enjoy the game but then I saw how lame all the weapons were, meaning THEY'RE ALL THE SAME, the parkour is worthless at times with most of the maps, the challenges are STUPID EASY, the AI is terrible and when I join games and I'm the only one with a headset turned off it kind of defeats the purpose of "team based gaming"

PS: I ONLY PC GAME..NOT CONSOLE. So stop informing me that I should rent/gamefly stuff :P
    Last edited by Gredge; 2011-05-12 at 04:24 PM.

Intelligent people usually rent games before buying them; otherwise you only have yourselves to blame if you end up with what you perceive as a "lemon". I know PC gamers are SOL in that regard, and demos should be encouraged anyway to build hype for their products.

10+ Year Old Account
    O: But man, why u no like a game with 8 campaign missions!

Just 'try before you buy'. Then if you like it, put your money down.

What would be nice is if the company could release a demo sample that gives the total jist of the game overall before they even start to massively bust out making the whole thing. Then they could get a detailed field reaction without having a full product already completed and doomed to possible failure. They could create the demo and depending on feedback, move forward with the game and better support from their endorsers, change things based on critique's until they feel they've got a gold mine then proceed forward, or if reactions were utterly horrible scrap the idea with only a small loss based on the demo made.

It's sad so many MMO's get made with incredible expectations and everyone jumps on the "F bomb Blizz" bandwagon expecting the new game to tickle their toodles but then end up with a sour mouth and untickled toodles and begrudgingly walking back to blizz while they wait for some game that might never happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're not 100% sure that you'll like it i would wait for reviews.
    "Ok, fuck it, I lied. It's drum and bass."

Deleted
    Serves you right for not doing your research.