Thread: PNG-Images

Deleted

PNG-Images

Hi,

I made this display picture to use on the forums, as a PNG. As you can see, I have succeeded in making my signature transparent, but I can't get the avatar to be displayed as the same. What am I doing wrong? >.>

As you can see here, the image is transparent, but it's not when used as an avatar.

Greatful for any reply.

Maybe the avatar doesnt want the transparent thing, perhaps try to get the color code of the mmo champion background, and then put it around?

Deleted
    This might sound stupid, but just give the surroundings the color of the forum background?

Quote Originally Posted by VixenWicca View Post
    Hi,

I made this display picture to use on the forums, as a PNG. As you can see, I have succeeded in making my signature transparent, but I can't get the avatar to be displayed as the same. What am I doing wrong? >.>

As you can see here, the image is transparent, but it's not when used as an avatar.

Greatful for any reply.
    Your current avatar is a .gif
    Maybe the forum re-encodes png to GIF and incorrectly transfers the transparency data.

Deleted
    Thank you all for the replies. I will try making the background of the image the same colour as used on the forums. Cheers!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why use transparency if it's specific for these forums? Just set the background colour to be the same as the forums.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The image in question is 38kb, and 150x146. The limits on the site are 10kb and 100x100. The forum software is probably scaling it down and changing the format to GIF to make it comply with the rules. If you can save it under the size restrictions it would probably work.

case you need it i think #efeedc is the colour off the forum background

Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    The image in question is 38kb, and 150x146. The limits on the site are 10kb and 100x100. The forum software is probably scaling it down and changing the format to GIF to make it comply with the rules. If you can save it under the size restrictions it would probably work.
    This is it. The forum rescaler-resizer doesn't preserve transparency. Make your image so it's in the limits and you'll have your background.

Deleted
    Sorted it now. Looks so pwetty! Many thanks to you all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tural View Post
    This. If you scale it down to the correct dimensions/filesize using an external program (keeping the transparency), it will show up just fine, and it will look better than the auto-rescaled version (which looks a little rough around the edges).