Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    A good SV player will beat a good MM player, but a skilled MM player will beat a skilled SV player. Although heavy movement fights will lower MM dps more than SV's. I have pretty much no raiding experience of BM hunters tho.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with a bunch of people here...

For straight up simplicity, I have to cast my vote for beast mastery. Here's why:

Basic rotations (ignoring hunter's mark and serpent sting, as those always go up first for all 3 specs):
    BM - kill command (on cd), cobra shot, arcane shot as a focus dump. Use bestial wrath on cooldown, hit your focus fire button when it lights up.
    SV - Explosive shot (on cd), cobra shot, black arrow (on cd), arcane shot as a focus dump. Watch for lock and load procs, then use them properly (es, cobra, es, arcane, es)
    MM - Chimera shot (on cd), steady shots in pairs of 2, watch for master marksman procs for free aimed. Also proper timing of rapid fire/readiness. This of course is basic, and completely ignores hard-casting aimed during CA phase, yadda yadda.

Basically BM has the most straightforward basic rotation. Maximizing the dps of any of the 3 specs requires much more complex practices of course, but BM has the least things to try to remember/react to. It's basically 3 shots, bestial wrath and focus fire, easy. SV is easy yes, but it has an extra dot to maintain (with no autorefresh), that newer players will FREQUENTLY forget to refresh. And of course when they do, there's lock and load. And I'm sorry, but very, very few new players would have any idea the best way to take advantage of that lnl proc without specifically being told the rotation for it. Hell most would just happily spam 3 explosive's in a row and be happy for it. And one might argue that proper lnl usage falls under that "more complex practices" that I talked about, but it really is an essential part of sv's basic rotation, and not doing it right will LOSE you dps. Beast mastery also has the added benefit that if you have to stop dps for any reason, like to run out of a fire, at least your pet is still pounding away, so the dps drop is less severe. More experienced players have no problems moving and fighting at the same time, but for newer players it's a common issue.

I'm just sayin', if we're talking about a new player trying to get into raiding as a hunter, I feel BM is the most forgiving spec, with the least amount of extra things to watch for or worry about.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by Rennix View Post
    The easiest with the most "fluid" rotation is SV, it is not as good as mm but definetly beats BM.
    No it doesn't.

IMO BM is easier to play, but does lower DPS. I also play Surv, which I find just a bit harder, as now you have Black Arrow to keep up when you can and Lock and Load, which you just need to be careful not to override your Explosive Shot DoT after it procs.

Also, if you go BM, make sure you use an exotic pet for just about everything. Only place I use a non-exotic is soloing stuff, where I prefer turtle. You can look up the various buffs that the different pets give (exotic and regular) and see which best suit your raid environments.