Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    They are working on Titan, forget any kind of WoW2 for the next 5-10 years (or ever).
    Well given that it takes about 2 years for an expansion to go through it's lifecycle, I wouldn't expect WoW2 to be released before 2017-2018. As I explained in my post, I'm not asking for WoW2 as soon as possible, I'm saying it's something Blizzard needs to start thinking about and laying the groundwork for.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    As I said a few posts up, that (essentially the same) idea utterly destroyed Everquest. Didn't work then, won't work now.
    First, this operates on the assumption that EQ is somehow destroyed. It's not. Despite all the negative things people have to say about it, it's still going. It's still profitable.

Also, who says WoW has to do it the same way? I honestly think WoW should end and WoW 2 should pick up where it leaves off. Splitting the fanbase is a bad idea, so they shouldn't do it. But the level of progress that can be achieved by creating a completely new and improved system will one day be necessary for WoW to live on.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Yeah well, that's why I said WoW probably has 2 or 3 expansions left. By then WoW could be well under half of it's peak subscriber level, and it will become clear that they need to fundamentally change how the game is played in order to keep things fresh, something that can only be done in a sequel.

Anyways I could see some limited carryover between WoW and WoW2, even if it takes place decades after WoW. How about setting aside a handful of areas where you could stash a limited amount of gold and perhaps a few other items. Then you can take a WoW2 character to that same location an retrieve whatever was stashed there, perhaps under the guise of a treasure-hunting quest.
    and what exactly would be the gain of a WoW2 exactly, many newer MMOs with much newer engines lack the fluidity of movement.
    and we know its capable to polish WoW up and make it look good so the graphics improvement won't be worth it.
    and that leaves us with physics, im sorry but what would the point of ragdolls be in a MMO other then to add to global warming?

then theres the whole problem of our chars, you know that ones many of us have been playing for years.
    not to mention the yard long friends list most of us have.

no gain for us the players in a WoW2, so imo stack more into the current dedicate art groups to bringing the visuals a bit more up to date(without losing that cartoony style) more models and tree that look a bit like trees.

There won't be a WoW2 on the horizon for a long time. Diablo and Starcraft still are waiting to be developed into MMOs. They're fools if they don't leverage those two IPs as successors to WoW in the MMO field. They could ride each one for 7 years each if they wanted. Titan will be a completely different thing that will grab up a much different audience. I'm pretty much expecting Titan to be a console-based fps MMO. But who knows.

My best guess is WoW will follow the same route as EQ, launching expansion after expansion until that gold mine runs dry.

10+ Year Old Account
    need the new MMO whether it is titan or wow2 to have less emphasis on global cooldown system and keybinds. the combat system needs more new ideas.

Deleted
    wow2? wtf is wow2. Vanilla > everything

I guarantee you that any "serious consideration" of a WoW sequel is already happening or has already been done. Blizzard aren't stupid. If they think it needs to happen, they'll get the ball rolling, and they'll do it without telling us until they're good and ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    So surely WoW2 would have to have a bunch of new features to make people want to jump from current WoW to WoW2. Surely they'd be far better off implementing said features into current WoW?
    Easier said then done. Take something like moving from a 2-faction setup to a 3-faction setup. It would require a massive reworking of the entire game, a Cataclysm-level reconstruction of the gameworld (except everywhere), changing how battlegrounds and PvP work, changing how neutral factions behave, etc. Then when it's all said and done, there's no good way to ensure roughly 1/3 of the Horde and 1/3 of the Alliance switch to the new faction. Things would probably balance out eventually, but not before making the opening few months of an expansion absolute hell.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

In atleast 10 to 15 years, mayby. And thats a big frickin mayby.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruxby View Post
    need the new MMO whether it is titan or wow2 to have less emphasis on global cooldown system and keybinds. the combat system needs more new ideas.
    titan has already been said to be a fps, and as for keybinding... your playing on a PC... its all basically key binding, what do you want to be able the swing your sword with you mouse?

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    no gain for us the players in a WoW2, so imo stack more into the current dedicate art groups to bringing the visuals a bit more up to date(without losing that cartoony style) more models and tree that look a bit like trees.
    There are plenty of games with superior graphics engines that are cartoony. Just look at Team Fortress 2, for example.

titan has already been said to be a fps, and as for keybinding... your playing on a PC... its all basically key binding, what do you want to be able the swing your sword with you mouse?
    Key combos are a different way to play instead of 1 key for 1 ability. You can use a set of 6-8 keys in different orders to execute abilities.

Why would they make WoW2 when they already spent so much time redoing vanilla WoW?

I've heard that, but no one seems to be able to point to an actual source. From my understanding the only thing we know for sure is that it'll be based on a completely new story rather then Starcraft, Diablo, Warcraft, Lost Vikings, etc.

Stop spreading this blatantly false rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    All WoW 2 would bring that would be worth it would be an updated more efficient engine and a restructuring of Factions

not really needed
    Not sure how you could be certain of that. There are a lot of things that could be done, that would probably cause chaos to try and introduce into the current game model. Suppose they want to add a whole new role for people to play, like maybe a support type role like a Bard or something along those lines. It would be a mess trying to add it to the game at this point, it would pretty much require new classes, new specs for existing classes and an entire redesign of all instanced content in order to create a place for that new role. Maybe with a whole new game engine they could even add in stuff like RTS zones or instances. I'm not saying Blizz need to start working on a Wow 2 for release within the next couple years, but it's always a good idea to start planning for things well ahead, Sort of like how Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft probably already had people looking ahead to the future next gen console on the days Wii, PS3 and 360 were released.

It would sort of make the complete redesign of the entire 1-60 content they did this expansion completely pointless...

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There are plenty of games with superior graphics engines that are cartoony. Just look at Team Fortress 2, for example.
    Very good point, the characters were specifically designed to have recognisable profiles and to be instantly recognisable in silhouette.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    It would sort of make the complete redesign of the entire 1-60 content they did this expansion completely pointless...
    If they did it next, yes.

If they did it in the next 5-10 years, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    First, this operates on the assumption that EQ is somehow destroyed. It's not. Despite all the negative things people have to say about it, it's still going. It's still profitable.
    Everquest dominated the MMO market before it launched EQ2. After EQ2 launched, it did not. Connect the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    History suggests this is a bad idea. Look what happened when Everquest tried this trick. It took what was then the dominant MMO in the genre and completely destroyed it's own fanbase. I think Blizzard would be too smart to make that same mistake that Sony did.
    This.

It's not going to happen, not even if WoW loses 10x as many players as they have lost already.

They have to keep upgrading the base game rather than replace it. Forget the players: the shareholders would revolt if they tried to do anything else. Sad but true.