They promised something for archeology [4.1]

They said that if you have all rares at that race, you will get much less dig sites for that race. I definetly have all night elfs and collected all fossils, but this is geting not funy, the night elfs and fossils spawn rate is same it might be little bit less sometimes, but most of the time I can't see a diference I did checked up I do have both races collected all rare artifacts but my tolvir dig sites doesn't happens. I smell they fixed secretly feared battle tanks will overhaul cities or something. This is wrong.

Anyone else having same problems?

Deleted
    If you're doing Kalimdor, and you got both Fossil and Nelf, It aint wierd what you still get those much. Really..

Deleted
    Players now have a much smaller chance of getting a dig site for a race for which they have completed all rare finds.

They should make it happen tolvir or trolls and dwarf, instead non stop spaming night elf and fossils. On 135 tolvir solves, yet sword and pet not found and somehow don't see much what they promised in for patch 4.1

15+ Year Old Account
    So much rage in this thread...
    Even thought it might FEEL you're still getting the same amount of "useless" sites, you aren't.

What did you expect? Non-stop Tol'Vir sites? Get real.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you consider that over 50 percent of all kalimdor digsites are night elf, its not surprising that you still get quite a few NE pops even with all solved. They didn't say they're remove the ones you're done with, just reduce their chances.

The only race between those two continents for which I have completed all rares is troll and I can say that I have seen a substantial reduction in the number of those sites coming up.
    If I get lucky enough to complete fossil or night-elf then I can comment on those especially since fossil has 3 new rares to collect, the shield still eluding me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    So much rage in this thread...
    Even thought it might FEEL you're still getting the same amount of "useless" sites, you aren't.

What did you expect? Non-stop Tol'Vir sites? Get real.
    So geting one tolvir dig site per entire map in every 10 dig sites is fine with you? Not fine with me sir.

This is what we need

Blue Post
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Bug fixes

Dig sites now propetly spawns much less for race if you have all rare artifacts completed for that race. We are apologies if this bug caused you play extra 5 hours a day

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The only race between those two continents for which I have completed all rares is troll and I can say that I have seen a substantial reduction in the number of those sites coming up.
    If I get lucky enough to complete fossil or night-elf then I can comment on those especially since fossil has 3 new rares to collect, the shield still eluding me.
    I have Night Elf and Fossil complete, and I can tell you, I get a LOT of Tol'Vir digsites. Seems to be like 50% Tol'Vir and 50% something else now.

I believe it's working fine. In fact, a hidden "change" that I noticed is that when solving a rare artifact, you are much more likely to get digsites for that race as opposed to being 9/100 Troll and getting all Dwarf. Could just be me though.

This was a pathetic change to archeology IMO. I am happy that it isn't as drastic as they made it sound.. like once i have 7 NE rares, Ill never get another NE digsite or maybe just 1 a week. Then WTF is archeology - if that's the way it would've worked anyone and everyone would get everything archeology offered. Ok... why not have just added a vendor called "you can buy anything you can RNG find by digging archeology vendor" and you can just buy them all. This change is just like CTA satchels - more free shit less work to get it. I never understood the posts about welfare and free epics before. Always said hell give them the gear that makes the game easier - everyone should get it. Well - that's okay IMO because we all do the same thing and put in the same work to get the easy to get gear. Yet this change to archeology makes it easier to get things now and CTA big is a joke - i spend months farming something and a scrub tank gets it for finishing an easy ass heroic.
    Sad shit bizz

If you're doing Archeology with the goal of getting a particular purple, then you're doing it wrong.

At first it seemed pretty well implented however in northrend i'm still getting 3 vrykuls at a time and the other is usually troll or nelf >.> I have both vrykul and wanted to get the 2nd nerubian rare but northrend is to awfull imo

I posted it before, i hope they just allow us to work towards a race of choice

With orc/dreanei oi got alot less orc though, still 2 at a time sometimes but mostly dreanei

Quote Originally Posted by Angor View Post
    If you're doing Archeology with the goal of getting a particular purple, then you're doing it wrong.
    There's hardly another purpose for the profession, now is there?

I mean, the lore-aspect is pretty lacking, a bit of comment in the archaeology log for each grey and a few achievements for collecting sets of related artifacts, but no follow-up, what are the specifics about the Tol'vir prince, orc leader with the assassination or the NE love affair? Apparently some dwarves fought a dragon at some point, why? Blizz sure isn't telling, even getting a readable book item as reward for each achievement with some explanation about how the differing items mesh together into a (usually tragic) story would help the lore aspect a lot...

Deleted
    In kalimdor

35/69 sites are nelf (50.7%)
    13/69 sites are fossil (18.8%)
    16/69 are tol'vir (23.1%)
    5/69 are dwarf / troll (7.2%)
    (rounded values)

let's make it realy easy and say that if you're at 450+ archeology with 0 rares you should be getting about 1 in 5 sites as tol'vir.

A huge increase would be say 50% more Tol'vir sites that would mean about 35% tol'vir, or a 1 in 3 tol'vir.

Then if you don't got all troll / dwarf rare, it's an increased chanse you get them to.

If we wanted a say 90% tol'vir (assuming you now got all nightelf, troll and fossil rares) that would be an 300% increase of tol'vir.

**Disclaimer math is not 100% correct I just used very easy values**

Well, given it's a secondary skill, the purples are purely a bonus. Secondary Skills are not supposed to award significant character power like Archy does. (Which Blizzard already stated months ago)

As for the system "not working" OP... You have collected all the rares that make up close to 75% of the sites on Kalimdor, of course you are gonna see em still.

I have only finished Night Elf on Kalimdor so far. And I see like 1 Night Elf per 10+ sites now. I know when I finish Fossil it will go up some, just cause Fossil will go down.

Deleted
    I'm getting a LOT more Tol'vir in Kalimdor since the patch - yes, still get some Night Elf but I've noticed the difference for sure.

I get a lot of Tol'vir. I still get nelf because the whole continent is nelf, but its a lot less, and I often find myself with 2-4 active sites in uldum.

Its working as intended, just not to the extent some would like