Deleted

[10] Heroic Cho'Gall

Hey MMO.

My guild recently started on heroic Cho'Gall, made some reasonable progression on our first few hours but there's still a few cause for concerns, and some things I'd like to ask advice about. Our raid setup is listed below:

Blood DK
    Prot Warrior

Frost DK
    Feral DPS or Tank
    Survival Hunter
    Destruction Lock (can play fury warrior)
    Moonkin (mainspec restoration)
    Assassination or Combat Rogue
    Fire Mage (new recruit, can come but undergeared a bit)

Restoration Shaman
    Discipline Priest
    Holy Paladin(currently benched for this fight)

So, onto the questions:
    1. With regards to interupting the mind control, how would you say is the best way to do it? We were using the destro lock's Shadowfury but found that the stun was causing complications especially in the phases where a Corrupting Adherrent was up, it lead to damage being taken from Crashes and even in some cases from Blaze. Also if a healer was stunned then we often fell behind in healing the tanks. We switched to having the moonkin use Typhoon to break the MC as first priority, but then there's issues with how clunky that ability is, and what to do if he gets MC'd.

2. DPS assignments. We switched around a lot of times to try and decide what worked best, but still werent quite at the dps levels we think we need. We have our frost DK soloing the elemental adds, if he gets mc'd then ranged switch to them to help out. We have the hunter, moonkin, feral and lock on the adherrents, during this the dk and rogue kill the elementals. The hunter and moonkin are duoing the Bloods, but we only reached 2 waves max so not sure how that will work out when loads come. Any suggestions here?

3. Realistically is this doable with 3 healers, without using the 100% corruption trick? If we use the trick, can someone explain exactly how that works? (we'd bring our mage in for this).

Thanks in advance!

#showtooltip
    /targetenemyplayer
    /cast [raid] Your_Interrupt_Here
    /targetlasttarget

Have everyone in your raid make that macro, and then every time mc's go out have them spam that button.

1) Use normal interrupts alongside the Moonkin/Lock interrupts. Also, bring the Mage in so he can do Dragon's Breath. Someone should be calling on vent telling everyone when it's about to happen so everyone's ready to interrupt.

2) The elemental part sounds right, just 1 person needs to do it but be ready to help him if he gets MC'd. Everyone who can AoE should be helping on the Bloods to kill them asap, those will get extreme later on.

3) My suggestion, you use 3 healers + get the Mage to 100 Corruption. This strat is a lot easier because there's less strain on the healers and you still have the same amount of dps as the Mage is doing double. This is MUCH easier than it used to be because of Spirit Link Totem. Get the Mage 100 corruption by the time the first add comes out, and make sure the Mage has a CD up everytime the Shadow AoE comes out. When the Mage is low health, wait for a part where the whole raid is topped up, and then drop Spirit Link Totem. This will bring the Mage back to 90%+ health. This makes this fight -extremely- easy, as the Mage won't have to die when p2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Weightless View Post
    1) Also, bring the Mage in so he can do Dragon's Breath.
    Do not ever use Dragon's Breath if you have the Destro lock. 3 Sec Shadowfury stun >5 sec disorient.

Do you have any blood elfs? Youre horde, and Arcane torrent does wonders for the interrupt you need to do right before big adds are spawning/while they are on 25 man.
    As for your hunter, I'd recommend MM rather than surv if you have a frost DK - the only real reason to be surv is to provide 10% haste, and MM's aoe is as good, if not better, for this fight (rapid recup will give him 50 energy = 2.5 multishots MORE everytime he kills off a blood-add, which he will do ALOT = infinite shots).

Deleted
    I'd bench the feral and bring in the holy paladin and go for the 100% corruption tactic, the mage can solo the elementals once he gets corrupted and with pws and slt your mage should be fine if he can dodge the crashes and he is topped before he gets corrupted.

As for interrupting we have all our interrupts do a "/use [@playername, harm]...[@playername, harm] ability" macro with different orders with range listing ranged first and melee listing melee first. Abilities such as scatter shot, counterspell, wind shear, kick, pummel, silencing shot, rebuke, mind freeze etc. Also priest can add in with fear, though these must be dispelled.

Deleted
    You can always let the warlock go Affliction instead, it gives you a spell lock rather then a stun, and the self healing is more then welcome, not to mention soul swap.

I myself (on normal mode) Handle all the Mind Controls. I can shockwave people if they're stood within his hitbox, and if they're spread out I can Charge / Intercept them. Along with this I can fear if really needed.

Make sure your Warrior is doing all of these. On Heroic Mode you really want your DPS, doing as much DPS as possible.

As for the rest, I can't comment. We're focusing on Nefarian instead of Cho'gall.

My guild just killed this boss last night. He's honestly a pretty big joke if handled correctly.

Our comp:

Prot paladin
    Prot warrior (tanking Adherants, using the Heroic Leap trick to get them stacked when they die)
    Holy paladin
    Resto shaman
    Shadow priest (normally is Disc, but we 2 heal the boss)
    Fire mage
    Affliction warlock
    Survival hunter
    Combat rogue
    Ret paladin

For MCs, we make sure to keep everyone as grouped as possible. The only time we spread at all is when an Adherant is out, to avoid Corrupting Crashes. Even then we try to stay fairly grouped.

We have our Shadow priest use Fear followed by a Mass Dispel. We have him alternate with our Fire mage who uses Dragon's Breath.

When an Adherant is out, we have both melee DPS on it while ranged are on it as well, only stopping to switch to an elemental. If the melee get MC'd, our Adherant tank breaks us out, with Pummel or Shockwave if it comes down to it. Torrent/single target interrupts for MCs are best used during Adherants. Melee interrupt Depravity, but the mage gets the very first cast it does, as movement plus Corrupting Crash can cause problems.

For DPS assignments, we do the following:

Melee: Elementals (only when Blood of the Old God are out) > Adherant > Cho'gall
    Ranged: Blood > Elementals > Adherant > Cho'gall

While it might be more optimal, now that I think about it, to have melee on elementals during Adherants and the ranged are on them solo, we didn't ever run into DPS problems on this encounter, so we never really considered it.

I don't believe the Corruption: Absolute trick is viable unless you have both a Disc priest and Resto shaman. We avoided using it because we felt that a 2 healer strat is more stable. If you lose your mage at any point in the fight before phase 2 it's basically over, since this fight's DPS requirements with only 5 DPS are actually pretty insane. Our DPS is pretty good, but I really don't see us having the DPS to push Cho'gall to phase 2 in time. If we did, it would be very touch-and-go. We slowed DPS on him for about 20 seconds so we didn't get a push with Shadow's Orders' AoE going on, but he had just summoned the 5th Adherant when he was at 26%. Phase 2 is arguably easier with 2 healers and 6 DPS. Yes, it's a lot less stable, but if your DPS is good, you can seriously melt Cho'gall when you hit that phase. I think he only summoned 3 sets of Darkened Creations when we killed him, with the third set coming at like 3% (he will run to the middle and an hero at 2.5%).

The downside to a 2 heal strat is it's extremely unforgiving. We would almost always wipe when we had more than 2-3 stacks on a Fire Elemental, so DPS had to be perfect. A really easy phase 2 was worth it in the end, though; I think we only wiped 3 times in phase 2 before we got it.