Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Yes cause paladins are sooooooo much more efficient that druid healers.... SURE THING!! Where did they plant their head? Up someone's ass for sure.

  2. #42
    DLC made me laugh my ass off. It's true, people think that they'll transfer to horde/alliance to get a more mature or forward thinking group around 'em, and it's just the same crap, different colors.

  3. #43
    I just don't understand how Blizzard, time and again, manage to "forget" about an entire spec while designing those tier bonuses. It's such a huge waste of time and resources to realize 2 weeks later, in this case for warlocks, "oh yeah, affliction gets raped by T12" and to go back to the drawing table. It's been forever that Drain Soul is an execute for Affliction, how can they then not realize, well, if we don't include this spell in the tier, every lock with 4 pieces will *have* to go destro or demo? There's many more issues with this tier for Affliction, for one, the time spent on Shadow Bolt is not nearly as much as Destro does on Incinerate, likely Destro will sim much higher with 4 pieces than Affliction will. Furthermore, they the neglect Drain Life fillerspec with this tier. Maybe Blizzard does not want locks to use Drain Life as a filler, but then all I can say is: how about not make it viable in the first place, and if it is anyway, let warlocks decide for themselves what they find more fun to play? I prefer Drain Life not just because of the added survivability, but also because spamming Shadow Bolt as Aff feels clunky and not Afflictiony at all. Shadow Bolt is the main filler for Demo, as is Incinerate for Destro, I don't see what's wrong with giving locks the option to use Drain Life as Affliction - a signature filler spell for every spec, like most (all?) classes have.

  4. #44
    1) The hunter set bonus is pretty useless if compared to the arena set. Thats why the arena sets, with some slight and wise reforging, owns in pve too.

    2) Rated BG needed? Ok, but why not make different sets? Require too much work? Sad, the customization and avoiding to have multiple twins on server is the reason why my WoW account is expiring at the end of the month without renewal. This is just another hook to keep player hardcore focusing on WoW grinding, hided by a "reward for the dedicated ones".

    3) Customization: the majority sick point, and all thoose efforts on make us dance while combat? Oh my, glad I'm quitting

    4) Actually, do commenting here has any real point?

    5) Tip: embedd and ARG into WoW. Make quests to be solved with tricky mind efforts, not just griding. Give rewards for that. Rift has that.

  5. #45
    For me this is the straw the broke the camels back. They keep trying to change the way healers heal, even with spells like becon of light. And when we all use it in the same way, Blizz turn around and say "well thats not how we want you to heal, so we will do this to stop you". With the resto druid and holy pally changes, im not sure i will ever heal again. Why can they not leave classes alone for more than a month without interfering with class mechanics.

  6. #46
    well they have listened to players' feedback and changed 4pieces bonus set...now when the hell will they give to balance druid an usefull 4p bonus ? 3 energy to wrath and 5 to starfire is not something wotrh 4 pieces... c'mon i need to cast 4 wrath and 4 starfire to have the energy of one single extra cast ?
    To go form an eclipse to another we cast ~8 starfires and 13/14 wrath this means that our bonus set is giving us 2 spellcasts less per eclipse cycle ?
    Sorry if I don't like it when every other 4pieces DPS bonus set increase or deal damages in some way.... reaching eclipse 2 spells faster is something that we should do by default since our dots actually expire before reaching lunar...
    Last edited by Meldon; 2011-05-13 at 09:18 AM.

  7. #47
    Bloodsail Admiral Shakul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Under your bed.
    Posts
    1,067
    Dancing in combat Huzzah!

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I just don't understand how Blizzard, time and again, manage to "forget" about an entire spec while designing those tier bonuses. It's such a huge waste of time and resources to realize 2 weeks later, in this case for warlocks, "oh yeah, affliction gets raped by T12" and to go back to the drawing table. It's been forever that Drain Soul is an execute for Affliction, how can they then not realize, well, if we don't include this spell in the tier, every lock with 4 pieces will *have* to go destro or demo? There's many more issues with this tier for Affliction, for one, the time spent on Shadow Bolt is not nearly as much as Destro does on Incinerate, likely Destro will sim much higher with 4 pieces than Affliction will. Furthermore, they the neglect Drain Life fillerspec with this tier. Maybe Blizzard does not want locks to use Drain Life as a filler, but then all I can say is: how about not make it viable in the first place, and if it is anyway, let warlocks decide for themselves what they find more fun to play? I prefer Drain Life not just because of the added survivability, but also because spamming Shadow Bolt as Aff feels clunky and not Afflictiony at all. Shadow Bolt is the main filler for Demo, as is Incinerate for Destro, I don't see what's wrong with giving locks the option to use Drain Life as Affliction - a signature filler spell for every spec, like most (all?) classes have.
    Because Blizzard has decided nobody is allowed to have unapproved fun with THEIR game. Even though, as you point out, there is no reason not to give players a choice, and simply put it makes sense for a particular spec to have a filler spell from that spec, it conflicts with the developers "artistic vision" and therefore screw you, if you dont' like it, quit.

    Which a large portion of players are doing. I too loved my Affliclock. I loved Drain Tanking. I loved dotting things up and running around in a circle going Whoop whoop whoop while they dropped down dead from dots. I haven't played my lock since Cata because I pretty much feel like a shadow priest now.

    The list of things that could peacefully coexist in the game but don't because the developers are egotistical shits who HAVE to get their way is longer than my arm. Play their game, or quit. That's the message. Sorry man. :\

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Prague, CZE, EU
    Posts
    4,414
    Blizzard obviously knows what they are doign with Holy Paladins...

    /sarcasm off

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I just don't understand how Blizzard, time and again, manage to "forget" about an entire spec while designing those tier bonuses. It's such a huge waste of time and resources to realize 2 weeks later, in this case for warlocks, "oh yeah, affliction gets raped by T12" and to go back to the drawing table. It's been forever that Drain Soul is an execute for Affliction, how can they then not realize, well, if we don't include this spell in the tier, every lock with 4 pieces will *have* to go destro or demo? There's many more issues with this tier for Affliction, for one, the time spent on Shadow Bolt is not nearly as much as Destro does on Incinerate, likely Destro will sim much higher with 4 pieces than Affliction will. Furthermore, they the neglect Drain Life fillerspec with this tier. Maybe Blizzard does not want locks to use Drain Life as a filler, but then all I can say is: how about not make it viable in the first place, and if it is anyway, let warlocks decide for themselves what they find more fun to play? I prefer Drain Life not just because of the added survivability, but also because spamming Shadow Bolt as Aff feels clunky and not Afflictiony at all. Shadow Bolt is the main filler for Demo, as is Incinerate for Destro, I don't see what's wrong with giving locks the option to use Drain Life as Affliction - a signature filler spell for every spec, like most (all?) classes have.
    A few points with your post:
    1. Bliz has already stated that they want Shadow Bolt to be the filler for Aff, not Drain Life. DL would make Aff too close to SPriest playstyle. That DL is better now is merely coincidence, not design. Don't expect it to last through patches.
    2. Destro doesn't spam more Incinerates then Aff spams Shadow Bolts. It's actually reversed due to Nightfall/Corr Glyph procs and destro's need to hardcast Soul Fire (ie. 25m Nef Kilmir = destro = 61 Incin, Hathor = aff = 71 SBolt)
    3. Demon is the spec which will benefit the most due to spending much more casttime on SBolts and hasted Incins. But nobody complains because it's also the spec that could use a boost the most.
    4. These tier bonuses were a first draft on the PTR, mostly showing the idea in rudimentary form. Finishers and such are an easy oversight and usually fixed before they go live. This has been always the case with PTR so don't go nuts over nothing. Just bugreport it.
    Warlocks aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
    They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.
    Warlocks just want to watch the world burn.

    Kilmir on: Armory | EpeenBot | Twitch.tv| WoL | SPQ guild | WoWProgress

  11. #51
    So, does that mean they decided to not make it a LW and just a normal heal now?!?!

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    Because Blizzard has decided nobody is allowed to have unapproved fun with THEIR game. Even though, as you point out, there is no reason not to give players a choice, and simply put it makes sense for a particular spec to have a filler spell from that spec, it conflicts with the developers "artistic vision" and therefore screw you, if you dont' like it, quit.

    Which a large portion of players are doing. I too loved my Affliclock. I loved Drain Tanking. I loved dotting things up and running around in a circle going Whoop whoop whoop while they dropped down dead from dots. I haven't played my lock since Cata because I pretty much feel like a shadow priest now.

    The list of things that could peacefully coexist in the game but don't because the developers are egotistical shits who HAVE to get their way is longer than my arm. Play their game, or quit. That's the message. Sorry man. :\
    At least their way or the highway approach is starting to seriously hurt their subs now. A few more months with that trend will surely lead to a much needed shake up in the dev department there and maybe they will hire people who don’t regard game development as their personal sandbox and who know the term “customer relationship.
    There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who dont.

  13. #53
    Maybe if Rated BG's weren't such a pain to organize and were more enjoyable this conquest point change wouldn't be such a huge kick in the face to pvp'ers who like to do what they like so they can enjoy their experience. I love spending 15 dollars a month to work at something so I might enjoy it.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinitus View Post
    At least their way or the highway approach is starting to seriously hurt their subs now. A few more months with that trend will surely lead to a much needed shake up in the dev department there and maybe they will hire people who don’t regard game development as their personal sandbox and who know the term “customer relationship.
    I am glad they told me I am sitting on 40% of my mana while other healers had run out, I must of missed that, but if Blizz tells me this it must be true. And they don't like Paladins using Divine Light, but Holy Light instead? Is this some form of a joke? Are they TELLING us what spells we should be casting now? Yeah you have 5 heals but we really don't want you using that one too much. Oh and god forbid we use Becon of Light on the main tank ....

    So at the start of Cataclysm they also told Ret pallys they would be a true hybrid healer, and throw a Word of Glory to a tank getting low. They even gave us a talent (Selfless healer) to encourage the use of healing from a ret pally. But then they slap Word of Glory with a 20 second cooldown. Its just another example of what Blizz wants us to do, and how we should play, rather than adapting our own play style and do something different.

  15. #55
    No one cares about T12.

    Show Gladiator mount modafukaaaaaa

  16. #56
    Bad ad on this page, or on the way to dark legacy! Something going to stefano.cc or some such telling me about all the viruses on my computer and only clicking this box will save me. Had to kill the process to stop it.

  17. #57
    Holy paladins sat at 40% mana.... Ye right... And their actual healing output ? And the mecanics? How many judgments did that pala throw ? How many global CD did he use NOT on healing but on gaining back some mana. Was he standing in melee range ?

    BLizzard is full of it. They force their ways upon the spec once more - TOTALLY ignoring how much effect this might have in PVP - where you often use ANOTHER judgemnt and can not stand in melle range.

    I remembers Sunwell. The total and utter humiliation that holy spec went through. Many paladins left the game during those months and I got the feeling exactly the same is happening now. Cause BLizzard is once more deleberatly singleling out holy palas to take the full blow.

    How is the healing vs mana ratio for the healing classes over 50 GCDs? Take a look and see how totally out of touch BLIzzard is with its game atm.

  18. #58
    This cauterizing flame from the Priest Discipline/HOly bonus.... Does it place fire ont he ground and it is like an AoE heal or something?

    Making fire good to stand on?

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I am glad they told me I am sitting on 40% of my mana while other healers had run out, I must of missed that, but if Blizz tells me this it must be true. And they don't like Paladins using Divine Light, but Holy Light instead? Is this some form of a joke? Are they TELLING us what spells we should be casting now? Yeah you have 5 heals but we really don't want you using that one too much. Oh and god forbid we use Becon of Light on the main tank ....

    So at the start of Cataclysm they also told Ret pallys they would be a true hybrid healer, and throw a Word of Glory to a tank getting low. They even gave us a talent (Selfless healer) to encourage the use of healing from a ret pally. But then they slap Word of Glory with a 20 second cooldown. Its just another example of what Blizz wants us to do, and how we should play, rather than adapting our own play style and do something different.
    What Blizzard does not understand is that Holy light is CRAP. And they also dont realise that ALL holy paladins judge back mana with the GC that they otherwise would be casting a mana conserv spell like Holy lihgt. And then they holy shock or divine light instead after the judgment.

    Its not our fault that Paladins are not as naive as Blizzard and have found a better way than the themepark devs say things should be done. BUt what do the themepark devs do ? They force themselfs upont the spec with their way as the only way.

    My suggestion to all Holy paladins right now is to chancel sub and walk away. This has gone on way to far. Blizzard is staring at one number (mana) and not looking at the overall healing stats. Holy paladins are THE WEAKEST OVERALL healer and their spell armory has been hit by a 16% flat extra tax based to other classes healing vs mana ratio. And once again that number is IGNORING that to maintain this high amount of mana they need to spend a GCD every 8 sec that has NOTHING to do with healing.

  20. #60
    Great now you will have to tell people theres good fire and bad fire, and watch them die to bad fire and stay out of the good fire.
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

    When arguing online I like to use big words. Because by the time they're done googling it, they have forgotten what their point was.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •