View Poll Results: Which game do you think will be game of the year?

Voters
737. This poll is closed
  • Portal 2

113 15.33%
  • Skyrim

159 21.57%
  • Guild wars 2

55 7.46%
  • SWTOR

65 8.82%
  • The Witcher 2

36 4.88%
  • Battlefield 3

73 9.91%
  • Diablo 3

140 19.00%
  • Batman: Arkham City

21 2.85%
  • Uncharted 3

14 1.90%
  • Other (Post your response)

61 8.28%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Portal 2, without a doubt.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Voted for Skyrim, but personally for me Witcher 2 is close (but I understand that this game is for smaller audience).
    Life is short Glory is eternal

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim, no contest.

Look at how bad Oblivion is by today's standards. That game RAPED the RPG market for years, even today on the PC it's still booming with endless content.

Skyrim can only be better.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab View Post
    Portal 2.

Wtf is Skyrim.
    Watch the trailer and drool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Batman: Arkham City, Uncharted 3,Forza 4
    Wait what?
    You think these games can compete with huge money sucking franchises such as Diablo,Portal and even CoD?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    it should be rift, i mean it killed wow..amirite?

It really depends if Guild Wars 2 or Diablo 3 will be released before 2012, so its too hard to tell now which game will be the game of the year

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It really depends if Guild Wars 2 or Diablo 3 will be released before 2012
    I certainly hope they are. 2012 Seems so far away =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Sw Tor or Skyrim

Diablo will most likely not be out till 2011.

Im expecting bf3 to do well on gaming sites as these kind of games always do till the next shooter

It HAS to be Skyrim. If the game is half as good as Oblivion, or half as good as the trailers, it will get game of the year no problems. I mean, Oblivion was unquestionably one of the best games of the decade.

Deleted
    Voted Skyrim but

Why is portal/portal 2 so popular? I don't even get what the game is about. As much as I could tell from the demo, it was some awkward puzzle solving game and those are usually never popular.

why only shitty remakes and crummy sequels, where are the new ips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Why is portal/portal 2 so popular? I don't even get what the game is about. As much as I could tell from the demo, it was some awkward puzzle solving game and those are usually never popular.
    It's popular because it forces you to understand the scenario with no context, you're left to fill in teh blanks with your imagination.

Also, the voice acting is superb. And Turrets are cute, along with Companion Cubes (in a way).
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted Skyrim but

portal is about cake, or the lack thereof...

I'ld say skyrim

Portal 2, TES V: Skyrim, and Mass Effect 3 are my personal best guesses, but as I am most excited for it, I am voting Skyrim. If Bethesda can make good on all of their promises, it's going to be something that words cannot accurately express. The best descriptive of it would be "sauceome".

Voted Skyrim but

...Go play portal 1 and 2, then come back and necro this thread to apologize

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as i think The Witcher 2 will be a great game and an upgrade from the 1st one, Bethesda will take home another award with Skyrim, that baby looks awesome!

Plus, Portal 2 was a very good game and a really entertaining one, but i dont find it deserving of the GOTY award with so much better games still to come..
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2011-05-13 at 05:59 PM.

Skyrim. I don't know why so many people chose portal 2. Ya, the original won many awards, and portal 2 just polished the formula. But at the end of the day, portal 1 was so much more intuitive than what was out there. It's simplicity and originality had a charm to it.

battlefield 3 graphics are the sickest shit ive ever seen, if the game is as good as it looks it will be the game of the year.