Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enthus View Post
    This guy summed up women quite well
    Except for the girls who're actually hit by a real depresssion. ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Except for the girls who're actually hit by a real depresssion. ;-)
    Girls with real depression don't act like that. The girl mentioned sounds like she's got borderline or something, but not depression. Well, maybe depression TOO, but you know what I'm saying.
    'And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.'

This sounds like the all to familiar "It's not you, it's me" excuse. I've used it many times myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wamphyri View Post
    Have any of you guys been with a girl like this? How was it?
    What would you guys do about a depressed, low self esteem girl that carries around loads of emotional baggage from her past? Should I fight for her and try to get back with her? Give her some time and hope that she contacts me again in the future? Or just forget about her and move on?
    Yes, I have. And I dumped her back then (was 18 at the moment) because I couldn't handle the emotional baggage. Almost 4 years later I kind of still regret this choice.
    I know it's the other way around but if you really like this girl and is 'the one' as you said it, I'd say go for it. Try to help her with her problems and shizzle. My ex turned out just fine now it seems! If you however think you can't handle this, then just stay away from her and try to not have any contact with her.

It sucks when she ended the relationship and she still wants to be friends while you clearly still have feelings for her. The best for you then is to stay away from her. The feelings will eventually fade and you'll find somebody else.

It's all up to you and also kind of her of course if she is willing to try and work on her problems.

(I didn't bother to read all the other posts so sorry if I said something that's already been said.)

Speaking as someone who might have a clue how your girlfriend feels, I don't know whether or not you can do much to help her at the moment. However I advise that you keep being there for her because the moment might come that she needs you to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Sin View Post
    Girls with real depression don't act like that. The girl mentioned sounds like she's got borderline or something, but not depression. Well, maybe depression TOO, but you know what I'm saying.
    I did somewhat the same thing when I was depressed, not entirely; but it's a different situation, person etc., but it still shows that Maklor below you is absolutely correct. People act differently because people have different personalities. :-)

I'm dating some one like this also i try to comfort as much as i can until she feels better and that is all i can do.