Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Drain life damage nerf

Drain Life's damage has been reduced by approximately 25%.

R.I.P

Well okay it was going to be RIP when we got 4 pc but you get my point

Thats a fucking shitty nerf for pvp as well. They better up the healing on it

Deleted
    indeed, rest in peace
    At least we can make use of t12 4set and can cleave better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadow bolt makes me cry

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizz are jerks.
    Honestly this was something fun and gave affliction options for raiding, now its back to the same ole one thing per one spec, so glad they revamped the talents for all these wonderful opportunities!

i think blizz releases patch then checks theorycraft sites and nerf whats most usefull
    so far they manage to do that after every patch in cata

This is just really awful, I would've rather seen the healing value decreased so it could've been viable in pve. Then demo could use sbolt destro incin and afflic drain life.. It REALLY burns locks in pvp as well.

Another great reason blizz should take ques from other people and MAKE A GODDAMN PVP TALENT TREE, the two clash far too often. They whine about how hard it is to balance things, but seem to enjoy making things more difficult for themselves.
    Last edited by Gohzerlock; 2011-05-14 at 01:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irollmyface View Post
    Thats a fucking shitty nerf for pvp as well. They better up the healing on it
    Not bloody likely. I think this nerf is too big, 10-15% would have been more than enough to keep it uninteresting for PvE, coupled with the 4-pc set things would have been fine, apart from the odd-one out that likes to be different. Now they nerfed it so hard there is no use to the spell anymore, neither in PvP nor in PvE.

They might as well have removed it altogether =/

Can't say i liked drain life but i don't see this as too bad.

If i recall, drain life didn't excell because it was stronger than sb per se, rather that it allowed locks to take mana feed, increased our pet damage, and less effected by movement. it also scales with mastery though it's not as if aff locks really stacked it anyways.

it's going to be a while before you have full t12 so drain lifes not completely out of the picture. won't be optimal ofcourse

Deleted
    PVP nerfs affecting PVE.

Deleted
    Using a drain spec myself, i'm really disappointed by this change..I finally found a spec that i was enjoying more then destro (i hate Demo after being forced to play it through the whole ToC and ICC) and casting shadowbolts reminded me too much of it, so drain life felt like a great opportunity to try affliction and actually play it somewhat good and on top of it taking some pressure off our healers in heroic raiding (constant 100% hp on Chimaeron is my favourite part). But no, Blizzard has to decrease it's damage so that i can happily go back to destruction and stay that spec for the rest of the expansion......Just awesome :/

Deleted
    Well it was silly to have a 'choice' between Shadowbolt and Drain Life, even if Drain Life was a dps loss for you, you'd still pick it for the healing it did. You shouldn't get that amount of self healing as your primary nuke.

Too all who say its now useless. No its not. Its like a Ret Paladin who uses WoG on themselves in PvE cos they are low, or a Elemental shaman that casts a heal on themselves cos they are low. You use it to keep alive. Less DPS > No Dead (ie Dead).

It was fun whilst it lasted - but we all knew that it was not going to last forever as stated like 6 months ago, its a shame that they ended up in the shitty position where it scaled with Mastery, so they couldn't buff the base-line mastery without buffing Drain Life, and then on the counter they could not stop us using Drain Life as our filler without effecting it in PvP.

RIP, next to the Searing Pain spec.

We could meet again one day.

Gonna go ahead and quote Long Island Iced Z and say "Are you serious bro?!"

Crappy nerf, totally unnecessary. Back to Shadowbolt spam on raids I guess :/
    -Cazic, 85 Death Knight, Draenor-EU
    -Chaosweaver, 85 Warlock, Draenor-EU

I undertand this for PVE but what about PVP and solo play? Man seriously this is plain retarded

What are we gona cast between dots in PVP????? 3sec Shadowbolt cuase of low haste and no points for Bane or Spam felflame for 3k a pop...

Bliz stated over and over again they did NOT want drain life to be a filler, but a situational use that wont result in a huge dps loss.

So stop all the QQ, this isnt a PvP nerf effecting pvE.
    its a PvE nerf, affecting those who PvP.

Was obviously gonna come at some point so why u all acting so suprised?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry pvp warlock's you we're affected by the crossfire

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    I'm surprised at the severity 25%. a quarter of the whole spell, in both damage and healing. Tell me then, in what situation could this spell possibly be usefull now? cause I doubt there is one anymore, with this you wil always be better of spamming SB even when low on health while questing/PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Bliz stated over and over again they did NOT want drain life to be a filler, but a situational use that wont result in a huge dps loss.

So stop all the QQ, this isnt a PvP nerf effecting pvE.
    its a PvE nerf, affecting those who PvP.

They we're pretty aggressive with it too

Jeez 25% =/

I thought drain life healed for a % of your total health regardless of how much damage it did?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.