Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.

actually reading the OP>skimming and assumptions

So, I was just reading a post (again), where the OP was asking about a rotation helper addon for locks.
    Out of 5-6 responses, ONE person actually read the OP and was helpful. The others seemed to think that for rotation suggestion addons : powerauras, xperl, and even cast bar addons.
    I can understand that some of these tell you when you get procs, and that you can see when dots fall off ect.. but they help you exactly in NO way when you are new to a class or spec and are trying to get an idea of what the ROTATION (or priority system) is.

Fellas, I like you bunch a lot, you've provided so much good information and entertainment over the years.
    That said, if you are not prepared to read at least the OP, why even respond?
    (inb4: just b/c you say it does not mean ppl will do it)

To the one poster who responded after actually reading the OP, I salute you sir, you are an increasingly rare breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I agree, red curtains are the best, but I don't think we share the same views on donuts

15+ Year Old Account
    I made note of this phenomenon a while ago with satire threads.

Guy was whining about Cataclysm, in the style of Wrath, in a completely satirical way. People ate it up and replied for 15 some pages telling the OP off and how he was blatantly wrong.

Don't get me wrong, it was...incredibly obvious banter that anyone who even glanced at it would get the message. But nope. Reading the title and 1-2 replies is now the new habit of posters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of it is the luck of the draw with the front page. People see a thread in that viewer and post based on the title sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Buddy, we're a dying breed, you and I. There was a time when others, like us, would read past the first sentence in every thread we posted in. Anymore these days, it seems like even the first sentence is too much to ask.
    In fact, people will often post things like "Got bored, didn't read past first paragraph" like they are somehow proud that they have the attention span of a squirrel with crippling ADD.

Warlocks are OP, stop QQing.

(trollface)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    I made note of this phenomenon a while ago with satire threads.

Guy was whining about Cataclysm, in the style of Wrath, in a completely satirical way. People ate it up and replied for 15 some pages telling the OP off and how he was blatantly wrong.

Don't get me wrong, it was...incredibly obvious banter that anyone who even glanced at it would get the message. But nope. Reading the title and 1-2 replies is now the new habit of posters.
    I think that may have been my thread. I did one that went for about 30 pages before getting locked, it was scary the number of people who didn't read past the first sentence.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    yeah I agree, red curtains are the best, but I don't think we share the same views on donuts
    ROFLMFAO! I love you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Skimming happens. I do it myself and everyone's done it at one time or another, whether it's with quest text or threads or whatever. A lot of us are alt-tabbing between wow or whatever else we're doing just because we're bored, not because we're looking to engage in an intense philosophical debate. Even when it does happen, I don't care unless the responding poster goes into an elaborate rebuttal. Yeah, then they look stupid, but misreading happens.

Also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Buddy, we're a dying breed, you and I. There was a time when others, like us, would read past the first sentence in every thread we posted in.
    Grats!
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-05-14 at 06:48 AM. Reason: sp/gramm

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Can't believe I missed this on my first read through.

Brilliant.

I suggest powerauras, xperl, and even cast bar addons.