Ram usage hovering over 90%

With just WoW and Vent open my ram usage has been going over 90% and dramatically dropping my fps to where I can sometimes close wow and it'll go back down but other times I have to completely restart my computer. It started maybe a week or two ago I'm not sure if it was before or after I installed SP1 for W7. Used to be able to run several open browsers in firefox, have music playing, vent open, and run WoW with no problems.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much RAM do you have, and how often do you shut down your computer (if ever)?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

4 Gigs. I've had the computer for about 8 months or so, it's on for several hours a day and I turn it off every night before I go to bed.
    Last edited by Swiftkitten; 2011-05-14 at 07:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm no RAM expert, but I've been learning a bit lately because I've been having my own issues, though I have 8 GB. Are you a heavy addon user?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'd say I run about 15 or so addons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you post a pic of your task manager processes ranked by memory usage and maybe a system information log?

start -> type "cmd" no quotes -> type "systeminfo > c:\systeminfo.txt" (no quotes again)

find that file in your c directory and post the first half or so here
    Desktop: Antec Twelve-Hundred v3| ASUS VH236H | i5-3570k @ 4.5 | MSI 660ti PE | AsRock z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill 1866 | Havik 140 | Vertex 3 90gb Boot ssd | Kingston 240gb ssd | 620w Antec | Logitech G500, G510, G930
    Laptop: ASUS U36JC-B2B Tablet: HP Touchpad 16gb | Asus Infinity 32gb
    Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T3i with 18-55mm IS & 75-300mm
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...en/Cc/advanced

Are you sure this is not a case of confusion between available and free RAM which fooled even professional IT journalists to report stupid things about Windows RAM usage?

Vista and 7 will use most of the available RAM as disc caches showing very small amount "free", when you in reality need to be looking at "available" which shows how much RAM there can be free when Windows drops off the disc caches and gives programs everything they request.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'm aware w7 and vista do that, but it was fine for 7 months and for the past few weeks it's been locking up.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 07:51 AM ----------

http://imageshack.us/f/41/processesi.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/f/703/systeminfor.png/
    Last edited by Swiftkitten; 2011-05-14 at 07:53 AM.

Process explorer isn't very useful here. Give us Task Manager screenshot from the "Performance" tab or from the Resource Monitor.
    Edit: You can safely disable "search indexer".

Hardware Reserved 2058MB ??? I think we found the problem.

"Hardware reserved" in the latest picture smells like you have 2GB RAM currently allocated for integrated graphics card.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It could also be a BIOS problem. Integrated GPUs usually don't take that much RAM. There are several known bugs that might cause this, but the weird thing is that it started after a Windows update.
    What is the rest of your configuration ?
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-14 at 08:38 AM.

Looks like one of my 2g sticks got loose from moving my computer around, re seated them both and reserved went down to 10 mb, hopefully that fixes my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It could also be a BIOS problem. Integrated GPUs usually don't take that much RAM.
    Most integrated GPUs allows silly amounts of RAM, 2GB is not exceptionally high number.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    but the weird thing is that it started after a Windows update.
    Optional hardware update with drivers for the integrated GPU. With drivers in place the GPU got turned on.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftkitten View Post
    Looks like one of my 2g sticks got loose from moving my computer around, re seated them both and reserved went down to 10 mb, hopefully that fixes my problem.
    Really odd that missing RAM stick would show up as "hardware reserved", but at least it's fixed now.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Sure it's not because of too much hentai anime clogging up your computer ? :P