Page 1 of 2
LastLast

you know what sucks

the ptr realms. I personally dont think you should be able to practice a boss fight before it comes out. It would defintly make patches with new content last longer. let blizzard test it themselves.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly wondering if they're contemplating moving that direction.

With the post 2-3 weeks ago, about them looking for more internal, hardcore testers, it seems plausible.

Either way, heroic modes aren't tested on the PTR, and those are the meat and potatoes. Guilds blast through normal modes, sure, but they hit walls on heroics.

I always hear about them clearing content so fast and then complain about it. well hell if i practiced it for a month i could beat it in a day to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTKITTEN View Post
    I always hear about them clearing content so fast and then complain about it. well hell if i practiced it for a month i could beat it in a day to.
    That's typically normal mode. People complaining about them are just wanting to hear the sound of their own voice, since they know the EXACT purpose of those:

To allow the majority of players to see.

The only complaints I've seen for heroic content this expansion so far is that it was extraordinarily buggy.

I assure you that Blizzard has an internal testing team. However, they are only so many people and don't always think the same way that other players do.

Remember Saronite Bombs? Perfectly reasonable as part of a dps rotation, but no one at Blizzard thought to test them on the Lich King fight. We all know the result there.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

fine you can see it. how about 1 try at it. not till you can do it blind folded with one hand.

Quote Originally Posted by GHOSTKITTEN View Post
    fine you can see it. how about 1 try at it. not till you can do it blind folded with one hand.
    I remember doing H DM a ton during the Beta, by the time my guild did it live we ended up wiping because they completely changed the fight.
    Would like to see more curveballs like this. Get the damage and stuff right then change some mechanics.

Wormholes, or vacuums

10+ Year Old Account
    It's tremendously helpful for Blizzard to have a ptr; they have thousands of people volunteering to test out the game, find bugs, and give feedback. You're upset because strategy guides are out by the time the patches go live and you don't have the opportunity to figure it out for yourself? Most bosses aren't so complicated that it would take guilds weeks to figure them out. Strats don't mean jack if you can't execute on them and that's where the enjoyment is to be had - in the success.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2011-05-14 at 07:50 AM.

They test basic mechanics on normal bosses on the ptr, heroics are another story.

Its not that i i dont like the strategy comes out so fast. I just dont like seeing a new boss come out then later that night so and so got world first. I want it to take longer then it does. Then maybe just maybe by dumb luck you might just see a different guild get it then the usuals.

sigh, they do test heroics on PTR too

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...dule-may-16-17

"25 Player and Heroic testing will happen later in the PTR testing cycle."

usually the only thing that isnt tested is the end boss, both normal (if there is one) and heroic mode

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally hate it myself

They test content, whats the problem. Unless you are a top 300 guild or so, then this barely matters for you.

Im glad shit gets tested before I play it.

last time they did what you are proposing we ended out with the Sinestra encounter, you know the encounter that was so horribly bugged that they did on set changed when paragon was progressing on the fight, in between wipes :P but yeah this would rock if they had some sort of internal testing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've always had a thing against the PTR, I think bosses should be normal and surprising when they're released live, be it normal and heroic mode. Having them tested for months on the PTR (again, normal mode), just seems to ruin the fun when they go live.

i have no problem with the ptr. i have never been on the ptr and couldn't care less about who experiences what content before i do. i won't lie, i did read the reports of the world firsts with a mild amusement, but at the end of the day most bugs are well and truly fixed by the time i (and the majority of the playerbase) would of encountered them, thanks largely if not completely to the ptr
    somebody call for d doctor?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carrierz View Post
    sigh, they do test heroics on PTR too

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...dule-may-16-17

"25 Player and Heroic testing will happen later in the PTR testing cycle."

usually the only thing that isnt tested is the end boss, both normal (if there is one) and heroic mode
    Tier 11 (and in turn, beta) testing was backwards compared to this, then.

They tested all 12 bosses on normal mode, but didn't test a single heroic.

Hey, anybody remember "testing" MC, BWL, Naxx back in the day? There were weeks that passed where some bosses (most notably C'Thun) were completely unkillable on live servers. Good times...