planning on starting some PVP

hey there

right, as the title implies, i want to do some pvp. at the moment, my time is spent doing PVE (and hunting for cheevs, which plays a massive role in my desire to learn how to pvp properly). here is my lock:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rnity/advanced

i've begun gathering some pvp gear, and have the blue pvp trinket, and the blue helm, the epic robes, and the hit ring (i'm aware that's not much, but i only decided 2 days, or was it 3 days ago??). so what i'd like to know is should i make myself the emberweave gear, the 339 kit. or fireweave w/e. is int more valuable for pvp too? if i went to the crafted pvp set, i'd lose masses of stats, but gain some resi. any ideas? if anyone has any tips for a complete pvp n00b, that would be welcome too.

ty <3

Deleted
    Remember that in 4.2, you will be able to buy viscious gear for honor so thats something to think about (if you arent planning on nerd-ing it up in bgs for hours you might want to save up your honor for the patch).
    If you got the money i would advise to buy a cheap pvp set since a warlock with no res gearing up in bg's will be spending most their time in the graveyard.

I too am planning to PVP but I took over this character from my son. I set him up for Affliction because to me it sounded the most exciting and with a couple of tools including dottracker. I am getting extremely good as I am an experienced player but I have no PvP gear at all. Before I acquire PvP gear is Affliction good for BG style fighting and/or does it not matter with PvP gear for a lock spec wise. Is Affliction a bad choice also

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../peroin/simple

Deleted
    Stay with healers and meleers and keep fearing everything. You'll do.. Alright..

so it's a better idea to drop my HC gear, and lose like 140 int (on the legs alone), for the sake of gaining 189 resi (assuming replacing my legs with the 339 crafted resi/haste legs)? i'll also lose about 60-70 haste too. i don't meant or sound silly, or sound rude, w/e. i know about pve, and my stat weights etc, and all that jizz, but for pvp... i'm lost...

Deleted
    For battlegrounds, stick with your PvE gear and stay in a group and hang out in the back, fearing anyone who gets close and killing people from a distance.

For arena, get the resilience. Seriously.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Contravene View Post
    I too am planning to PVP but I took over this character from my son. I set him up for Affliction because to me it sounded the most exciting and with a couple of tools including dottracker. I am getting extremely good as I am an experienced player but I have no PvP gear at all. Before I acquire PvP gear is Affliction good for BG style fighting and/or does it not matter with PvP gear for a lock spec wise. Is Affliction a bad choice also

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../peroin/simple
    Specwise the gear makes no difference. Affliction is the best and only choice for arena PvP as the others are in a terrible state.

Fuck it your already doing it wrong, if you want to PvP go right ahead.

Right now you are only shiting about gear. just go and play, learn your class. You dont even know how 2 pvp yet and yet you are only talking about gear, pathetic. PvP spirit aint what it used to be, damn you lich king

Keep your pve gear.

Find a frost mage to do 2s with for points.

Make sure you use keybindings and macros.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutes View Post

Right now you are only shiting about gear. just go and play, learn your class. You dont even know how 2 pvp yet and yet you are only talking about gear, pathetic. PvP spirit aint what it used to be, damn you lich king
    Right, because everyone wants PvE geared people, who don't know how to play, right? No? Then people should at least do a little research, even if it's only the basics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted

How at all is it pathetic? whens the last time you pvped without any resilience, because it really ruins the fun of pvp imo.
    If you can get PvP gear before starting pvp you should. Basically, if you use PvE gear, you need to stick with a group to deal huge dmg (but we all know thats never gonna happen in a pug bg.. it will likely end with all your team mates running away and its you vs 5 horde). The thing with using PvE gear is that all a melee has to do is look at you and you will die, so if you don't like getting shit on easily go for PvP gear.
    Besides, you can't learn how to PvP if you are just dieing in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    How at all is it pathetic? whens the last time you pvped without any resilience, because it really ruins the fun of pvp imo.
    If you can get PvP gear before starting pvp you should. Basically, if you use PvE gear, you need to stick with a group to deal huge dmg (but we all know thats never gonna happen in a pug bg.. it will likely end with all your team mates running away and its you vs 5 horde). The thing with using PvE gear is that all a melee has to do is look at you and you will die, so if you don't like getting shit on easily go for PvP gear.
    Besides, you can't learn how to PvP if you are just dieing in seconds.
    Well since i always have huge "vacations" from wow im usually terribly undergeared and Ive have rarely had propper resiliance untill cata. If you are a decent player you can be very powerful without having alot of resiliance, at least in bgs that is. What i see here is a noob in pvp, who wants to get better, and yet hes only worried about his gear. Now you are most likely a carebear, but I can tell you unlike in pve, Knowlegde and skill is also very important in pvp. And farming gear before doing any pvp is simply ridiculous. U just need to go in, pratice alot, get better, and earn your gear while practicing. you dont have to farm for gear in pvp, you dont need itemlevels or hitcaps. So yes this topic is rather pathetic. I hope the OP will listen to my advise, and just enjoy the game.

protip: dont click

Agreed. Don't think, just do. If you're already thinking about this, you're not really "into" PvP.

Deleted
    Well since i always have huge "vacations" from wow im usually terribly undergeared and Ive have rarely had propper resiliance untill cata. If you are a decent player you can be very powerful without having alot of resiliance, at least in bgs that is. What i see here is a noob in pvp, who wants to get better, and yet hes only worried about his gear. Now you are most likely a carebear, but I can tell you unlike in pve, Knowlegde and skill is also very important in pvp. And farming gear before doing any pvp is simply ridiculous. U just need to go in, pratice alot, get better, and earn your gear while practicing. you dont have to farm for gear in pvp, you dont need itemlevels or hitcaps. So yes this topic is rather pathetic. I hope the OP will listen to my advise, and just enjoy the game.

protip: dont click
    I don't know what you consider 'very powerful', but in bgs you wont leave a dent on an enemy before being blown up when you have 0 res, regardless of skill seeing that most players are dressed in full epics now.
    Also, what is this you are saying about farming pvp gear before you pvp? you do realise that to farm pvp gear you need to pvp, right? what the OP is talking about is crafted gear.. you know, stuff you can easily just buy from the AH if you got the money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    Also, what is this you are saying about farming pvp gear before you pvp? you do realise that to farm pvp gear you need to pvp, right? what the OP is talking about is crafted gear.. you know, stuff you can easily just buy from the AH if you got the money.
    You can exchange justice points for honor these days (albeit at a loss), so you don't need to PVP to get PVP gear.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Convert Valour Points to Conquest Points and buy stuff that you can't craft (weapon and wand especially as there are no blue versions).
    Craft or buy the craftable set (Haste is king in PvE, if that holds up in PvP you'll get a mixture of Ember and Fireweave).
    Buy the gloves and legs last as these can drop from Baradin Hold, which you should be doing once a week, after a Tol Barad battle (easy Honour Points).
    Do the TB dailies for the enchants.
    Reason I know this: Just done it :-) Crafting it is dirt cheap if you're a tailor due to so much cloth dropping from the TB dailies.

the reason i asked is because when i do something, i'd like to actually look into how to do it first... i've no idea about other people's battlegroups, but we have a whole bunch of pvp kings in random BGs who like nothing better than talking down to people who are getting into pvp. the type who go in in arena gear, to make themselves feel better about how much "skill" they have against other people learning...yeah, great one... much like the pve heros who link recount when in LFG with people in quest greens, very pro..

i asked a question, if you don't want to answer, then don't. don't like the topic, don't read it, but don't talk down to someone looking for advice... i'm not asking for people to hold my hand, merely asking....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infernity View Post
    the reason i asked is because when i do something, i'd like to actually look into how to do it first... i've no idea about other people's battlegroups, but we have a whole bunch of pvp kings in random BGs who like nothing better than talking down to people who are getting into pvp. the type who go in in arena gear, to make themselves feel better about how much "skill" they have against other people learning...yeah, great one... much like the pve heros who link recount when in LFG with people in quest greens, very pro..

i asked a question, if you don't want to answer, then don't. don't like the topic, don't read it, but don't talk down to someone looking for advice... i'm not asking for people to hold my hand, merely asking....
    Greetings from Maelstrom eu :P I just transferred over for raiding with my old guild, so if you ever want anyone to run BGs with drop me a /w (I play Resto/Enhance Shaman but need a lot of practice >.< lol) Character name is Céleste add me (although not on a lot atm stupid exams D.

Unless you have a healer running with/other guildies forget about running with heroic gear try and get around 2k resilience otherwise you'll just get stomped repeatedly especially this late in the season. I dunno what gear you sould go for but there's a guide over on Arenajunkies that might help (Look in the strategy section). Have a look for some videos too to get a feel for playstyle.

Other than that good luck and have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by quran View Post
    For battlegrounds, stick with your PvE gear and stay in a group and hang out in the back, fearing anyone who gets close and killing people from a distance.

For arena, get the resilience. Seriously.

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 11:53 AM ----------

Specwise the gear makes no difference. Affliction is the best and only choice for arena PvP as the others are in a terrible state.
    Thank you very much.. I am learning this character pretty good almost ready to PvP him now but it is a lot of buttons and pet controls like spell nabbing, slience and making it all work together.. Keybind learning in hyperspeed I have experience melee but this lock is so much fun, I dare to say more

3-3.5 resil and 10%haste for all specs really=a good time