View Poll Results: Do you think the Acid in the eyes punishment is right?

Voters
784. This poll is closed
  • Yes

506 64.54%
  • No

278 35.46%
Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Eye for an Eye"

Its how Law and Judgement is suposed to work,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c%C3%A9/simple
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Silence/simple
    Sergeant of the Master Sergeants, Most Important Person of Extreme Sergeants, To The MAX!

Deleted
    I find it pretty disturbing that so many people are apparently willing to support such a horrific act. The attacker deserves punishment, but there is no need for that punishment to be torture. Revenge does not make anything better - it only encourages more hatred and violence to occur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    I hate to pull this card, but you just don't understand the cause for celebration if this is your sentiment. It has much less to do with the fact that he himself is dead, and more to do with the near ten years of war, chasing, attempted and failed plots, and the parade of a media storm that came from it. It was less about knowing a bullet was put in his head, and more about knowing that the man who brought a living hell to oh so many people, had finally been shipped one way to hell himself.
    It was less about the man, and more about the idea. You keep your civilization for all I care, but as someone who directly knew people who died at 9/11, I've been sleeping like a baby since this serial killer was shot.
    But to be fair you have to realize, that nothing has changed with his death at all in terms of everything related to terrorism.

It was less about the man, and more about the idea. You keep your civilization for all I care, but as someone who directly knew people who died at 9/11, I've been sleeping like a baby since this serial killer was shot.
    you'd think killing their leader would piss them off and make them attack... btw, i believe the term is mass murderer... and yet, he wasnt the guy doing it - like that cult leader who made teens kill for him

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalLordAtlas View Post
    Why does nobody care about the victim?
    Maiming this man in no way helps the victim. It will not restore her sight or her face. All it will do is create a second victim - and just because the man committed a heinous act, doesn't make him any less of a victim.

No one is suggesting he be let free. In most countries, this would be an aggravated assault, and he would probably get 15 years.
    While the crime is unfortunate, it is more unfortunate that people are reverting to baser instincts such as revenge, as a knee-jerk reaction.

Cruel and unusual punishment such as this is a crime against humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceDHEU View Post
    "Eye for an Eye"

Its how Law and Judgement is suposed to work,
    And we've found it does exactly nothing for actually reducing the crime rate.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solbranthius View Post
    I find it pretty disturbing that so many people are apparently willing to support such a horrific act. The attacker deserves punishment, but there is no need for that punishment to be torture. Revenge does not make anything better - it only encourages more hatred and violence to occur.
    Personally I would of just thrown him in jail

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to pull this card, but you just don't understand the cause for celebration if this is your sentiment. It has much less to do with the fact that he himself is dead, and more to do with the near ten years of war, chasing, attempted and failed plots, and the parade of a media storm that came from it. It was less about knowing a bullet was put in his head, and more about knowing that the man who brought a living hell to oh so many people, had finally been shipped one way to hell himself.
    And you were sleeping like a baby before.
    Truly, what changed in your life after he was killed? Nothing.

I knew a few people who died in 9/11 as well. One of them in particular would be turning in their grave if they knew that people were celebrating a man's death - even the man responsible for her death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    And we've found it does exactly nothing for actually reducing the crime rate.
    As does prison. So what does lower the crime rate then?

I suppose it depends on what kind of acid we are talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    One that burned and permanently disfigured her...
    Keep The Beats!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put it in your eye and your going blind

10+ Year Old Account
    No. It was very disgusting. You should never celebrate the death of a person. Plus, Mr. Fantastic, I don't recall him actually killing anybody. His followers did that. What happened to your precious freedom of speech and innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?
    All conveniently dismissed when they become inconvenient.
    Just like this thread - chock full of people who would just as soon dismiss 200 years of progress, in the name of emotional outrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post

A crack addict will still rob you and maybe even kill you, even if he knew that you or your family would decide what happened to him.
    That is why such systems are NOT an effective deterrent, and only serve to set society back.
    What does that have to do with the topic? Will it help? Probably not. Is it fair? Why of course it is. If I kill someone it's fair for me to be killed.

Of course there are things that might be needed to take into consideration, for instance if a person attacks me and my only choice is to die or to fight back and beat him up, then the obvious choice should be the second and is the second. But if I randomly grab a gun and shoot you then it sure as hell is fair for me to get shot also.

10+ Year Old Account
    a) He obviously did. You don't accidently throw acid on somebody. b) What kind of idiot doesn't realize the consequences for the victim? He'd deserve to be put down just for that.
    Ye I probably pointed out poorly what I meant.

I was merely hinting at how it is just so obvious that this shit didn't happen because of bad luck. I agree with what you said, however don't put him down that would just be too easy for him to get away with it. Honestly, it's a lot bigger punishment to sit in jail for let's say 15+ years than to just get put down and be done with it. If it was for me, if I had to ever go in jail for longer than 10 years, I would rather be put down or commit suicide myself. No point in living a life that ain't a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    .....you're really going to go there?
    well one could wonder why Bush denied having him handed over to a third country by the Taliban...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    As does prison. So what does lower the crime rate then?
    reducing poverty rates, expanding access to mental health care, rehabilitating prisoners rather then shoving them in a box for a while and hoping they're different when they come out....

Deleted
    0,0000000001 M citric acid, of course /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    But to be fair you have to realize, that nothing has changed with his death at all in terms of everything related to terrorism.
    It's far too early to judge that. There have been plenty of reports that Bin Laden was actually still very much so a decision maker and not just a figurehead. There have been reports about the information goldmine they've collected upon raiding his compound. Furthermore in the weeks following we've attacked several Al Qaeda installations in Pakistan. Now, USA might be playing its' moral boosting card a bit much, but we, as civilians, won't know till far down the line. It's not until the history makers are done writing it than we become privileged to that sort of information. So no, I wouldn't just admit that.

On Topic: The man had been harassing her for a long time apparently. It was conscious of what he was doing. Is it a fair punishment? Yes. Is it gruesome? Oh hell yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    All conveniently dismissed when they become inconvenient.
    Just like this thread - chock full of people who would just as soon dismiss 200 years of progress, in the name of emotional outrage.
    I support this punishment completely. Frankly, I'd put him down. Society does not need murderers, torturers (he goes here), or rapists. Help make the world a safer place for everybody.
    Keep The Beats!