[Frost] 2H or DW for Leveling?

As the title say :P I have access on both one hand heirlooms and 2 Hand axe but what is better for leveling?I remember I have read a guide in the past saying that 2H is better for leveling and also with no use of diseases.. only frost fever via the Howling Blast..

but since then lot of patches/changes occurred.

I know it is just leveling and nothing can go wrong with one way or another :P But I would like to know the best way. To prevent you offering both builds via dual spec, I want to tell you that one spec is sure Blood for tanking in dungeons while leveling.

If you can give more details about rotation it would be nice..and most of all I like to know if diseases are important or there are attacks that will kill mobs in 2-3 hits. Thanks
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

I personally would say go 2h frost and obliterate spam your way to 85 .

thanks for the reply :P you don't suggest using diseases at all?So Oblitarate and frost strikes = win? seems promising and very relaxing :P
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter really.

It's like a melee version of arcane mage, just spam oblit + FS, and howling blast makes for great AoE, glyph of dark succor is great for healing, and you have eat ghoul + lichborne/death coil

2h frost will be easier to get upgrades as you level. There are far more single 2h weapon drops than there are pairs of 1hrs with strength.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

thanks for the answers guys :P Playintrafic I have the 2H Heirloom with Crusader enchant, but when I find a good 2H blue that have equal dps I can change for 1-2 levels to play with runeforging ( I don't want to waste the crusader enchant :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    2h frost will be easier to get upgrades as you level. There are far more single 2h weapon drops than there are pairs of 1hrs with strength.
    Actually, until you hit Cata Content (80-85), the only Strength-based 1H you will find are for tanking, not DPS. You'd have to use Agility ones.

So yes, using a 2H is much easier to balance with.

When I get around to leveling mine, will be 2H Frost right until Level 71. Then I am going DW, cause, despite them being Agility-based, I have a pair of Nifflevar Bearded Axes (The Vrykul Archy weapon, yes, I got it on two diff toons). Heirlooms = Blue equivalent to current level. Bearded Axes = ilevel 226 Epics.

May be Agi, but when you compare a 138 blue (entry-level Northrend) to a 226 epic, there is no question of power there.

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 03:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by papajohn4 View Post
    thanks for the answers guys :P Playintrafic I have the 2H Heirloom with Crusader enchant, but when I find a good 2H blue that have equal dps I can change for 1-2 levels to play with runeforging ( I don't want to waste the crusader enchant :P )
    Regarding runeforging, not much of am impact until you get Level 70 and Rune of the Fallen Crusader. Nice part is, Borean Tundra (for Alliance or Horde, though I find the Horde's version of the chain much easier) awards a NICE ilevel 138 blue 2H Axe (Axe of the Frozen Wastes). Grab that, slap on Fallen Crusader, and you should be good til 75 (barring a dungeon drop in like DTK) when you can get the better axe from the Amphitheatre of Anguish.

When I get around to leveling mine, will be 2H Frost right until Level 71. Then I am going DW, cause, despite them being Agility-based, I have a pair of Nifflevar Bearded Axes (The Vrykul Archy weapon, yes, I got it on two diff toons). Heirlooms = Blue equivalent to current level. Bearded Axes = ilevel 226 Epics.
    what you ve done now?You really ate my next days on leveling Archaeology :P This is awesome weapon and I read on internet that is the only rare from Vrykuls and is quite easy to get.. some got it on third or forth time!Damn you! :P

15+ Year Old Account
    blood spec in dps gear ofc .)

Deleted
    2h by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    blood spec in dps gear ofc .)
    what this guy said, and to further correct you
    I want to tell you that one spec is sure Blood for tanking in dungeons while leveling.
    AND in pvp and leveling outside dungeons, try it, go blood, you will hit just as hard if not even harder with vengance stacks plus take less damage thus requiring less downtime.
    Blood also has one of the easiest rotations too, just icy touch, plageue strike, then spam deathstrike and heart strike, (whichever is up)mob will be dead by then.
    In fact ALL prot specs at low levels are the superior spec.It's the current rage , pallies are goign prot , warriors too, dk's going blood coz in heirlooms you already hit hard , having tanking abilities makes it overkill.(i kid you not ive gone up against several prot twinks it's rediculous--prot pallies hit the hardest)

what i hated about frost and "obliterate is that i was sooooo rng specific id get some good KM procs when my mob was dead OR getting it eaten by frost trike which is okay but you id rather save it for satisfyignly high obliterate crits . I preferred unholy for a while then I discovered the power of prot while doing bg's, it was then I discovered.....all the plate wearers were prot....and hitting like trucks.Even in instances, you won't beat a tank in heirlooms in dps.(you can but if the tank tries... you will sweat to keep up).
    Last edited by walexia; 2011-05-15 at 10:10 AM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go 2H frost for leveling. Easy burst damage will help you plow through quests easily. Spend the few gold on duel spec and have it spec as blood for those "group quests" that you can just solo yourself as blood.