Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Ouch right on the spine. That must have felt wonderful.
    Na the spine is not bad at all i dont have any wow tatts but i do have my full spine tattooed.

I was ready to mock and verbally abuse the original poster in this thread. Lucky for me I followed a rarely used recommendation when reading internet forums.

This post is a great example of why you should read an entire thread before hitting reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Neforpubl View Post
    OP here. Just to clear a little confusion up :

1. Yes I did think about getting the tattoo for close to 6 months.
    2. WoW has been one of the best things i have done with my life. WoW actually helped me quit doing drugs. I was very addicted to them.
    As I said, I was going to be one of the many "Why the hell would you get a wow tattoo" posters. Then I read this.

You actually thought about what you were doing, weighed the pros and cons, ensured you had a good reason and still invested the time in what you were about to do. I know plenty of people with tattoos. I know plenty of people who wish they didn't have tattoos. I myself have half sleeves on both arms, back work, calves.. Basically enough ink that I get christmas cards from my artist. And all of it meaningful to me. Plenty of people hate them, including friends and family. I don't give a shit, they are for me. Which is why mine are usually covered. You have done the smart thing when considering a tattoo. And frankly something, even a video game, that helped you kick a drug habit will forever be a part of your life (unless you relapse). Good job, and I commend you for being smart about such a permanent decision.

3. It is a fresh tattoo so it is swollen in the pic. You people that have never had a tattoo wouldn't know that.
    Thats not entirely accurate. Looking at the picture, I recommend you tell your led handed artist to go back to his apprenticeship. But photos don't tell the entire story and it could be a combination of the fresh ink, photo as opposed to actually seeing it, time between finish and photo and the type of ink used (to anyone with actual ink, this makes a big difference). Not the worst I have seen, but the photo doesn't conjure images of top quality work.

4. I got the tattoo as part of a memory for me to remember something from my youth. And only people that have played wow will know what it means. Therefore making it more special and enjoyable to me.
    Whoa there... Lets not ruin a good thing you had going in your first two points.

5. I dont believe it is shitty. If you look at some of the art on google for it. It is very catchy but also minimal. I didnt want to go over the top but i also didnt want a tattoo that looked like some kid colored it on there with a permanite marker.
    Actually, then you should have gone with a much more intricate design with significant shading variation. The heavy black looks like Sharpe (tm). If its a starter piece with other ink intended to incorporate it then it will be fine. But as it is now, its too solid.

All in all I am very satisfied with my tattoo and i am possibly looking at getting another WoW Related tattoo. Dont know what i will get next and i am going to have to think about it. I was thinking of something that had to do with hunters since I myself play a hunter.
    Whoa there... Lets not ruin a good thing you had going in your first two points.

I believe that tattoos should be special to you and have meaning and i dont see any problem with expressing yourself.

I understand also that this will be with me for the rest of my life and that is something i considered VERY heavely. But i came to the conclusion that it is what i wanted and i did it.

Thank you all for your feedback!

If any of you have WoW tatts POST THEM!!!!!
    You, unlike most, have a good idea as to what thought should be put into a tattoo. And for once, a good reason for getting one honoring a trivial matter like a video game. But if you intend to have more work done, keep in mind what you did for your first one. Because tattooing is an addiction. Generally you don't get one. You get your first, and then wind up with entire body parts inked. Don't feed the addiction just to feed it, feed it for the right reasons.

And consider finding a different artist.
    Last edited by statlerthegreat; 2011-05-16 at 07:38 PM.

This^^^

I am loving the QQ this thread is getting. People dont understand the meaning of my tattoo and how Blizzard has positively effected my life.

I will be in debt to blizzard forever for making something that was more fun to me than drugs. They were ruining my life. WoW helped me get off them and I wanted to put something on my body that not only means something to everyone else. But has a deep meaning to me.
    People will QQ and hate hun, it's a fact of life. We are all people and we all have the right to chose what we want or don't want. We have our likes and dislikes, it's what makes us unique. But people to hate on us who show our pride in something we love, it is wrong. This was my second tattoo. I got my first one when I turned 18, my mum and I went and got our tattoo's together in celebration of my 18th birthday. She has seven tattoo's now, but this one is special. She draws art for tattoo's, the one I got, she drew for me. It's a sunflower yin-yang. My mum's American and my father was Japanese, so mum made me a tattoo that represented both of my sides. It's a odd way of looking at it, yes, but that's how it is seen. She got the same on on her left shoulder like me, but her's was in different colors than mine. But non the less, we share the same passion for tattoo's, regardless of what the tattoo is about or where it comes from. And I still give you kudo's for showing your Horde pride, us Hordies gotta stick together after all. :"3 I plan on getting another Sylvanas tattoo soon, this time on my right arm and of her newer model, the model that shows TRUE badassness of her.~ The next one will be the Sunreaver symbol, gonna have it on my chest, right close to my heart. Belf pride right here. <3

I really like WoW met alot of friends and stuff but a tattoo? Hell no
    But if you have some dream catcher idea (read that in some comment if i remember right) it's maybe not that bad.

Here's my tattoo, sorry I didn't post it earlier. Didn't have enough posts. xDDD

The camera wasn't acting nice for me so please don't mind it being a tad bit blurry. That was taken when I just got the tattoo done. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn thats nice!!!!

Btw now that my tatt has peeled a little it looks AWESOME. He barley needs to do a touch up. Just to lighten the orange a little and it will be great. The black hasnt faded at all from peeling. Ill give it a week or two and keep watching it.

I think they're bad ass

I dont know why having a tattoo from a video game is bad. For me tattoos are ways to show who i am, and to make memory of my life. Or to make me remember a the reason i do something.
    For example i have several tattoos inspired from comics, books, some of my own drawings and so on, i dont care if it will look bad when i get old, i wont be looking any better without it anyways. Right now i like that whenever i check my chest legs or arms i see things that are important to me or was important for me at a point of my life. People ask me about my tattoos and its a good way to meet new people and to show what kind of crazy guy i am And some chicks do like tattos wheter its a devil riding on a winged unicorn, or a wow related picture, im confident who i am and thats all matters.
    I dont have wow tatto yet btw, but its simply that i dont know yet what i want to put on my body, i like the deathwing one wich posted earlier, but i want something that more generic. Having a lich king tattoo after cata feels just bad for example. Im not a horde or alliance fanboy i like them both. If they ever make a new and cool looking Cenarius model i might go with that i think.

Takes it a bit far really....

Deleted
    If it means something to you, go for it.

Tho you will rarely see a tattoo on the back

Bloodsail Admiral WaitingforSWTOR's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esedess View Post
    lol i like to see you jealous anti guys comments... you clearly have no idea how a tattoo looks when it's recently done?
    I have a dragon and a rose tatooed on my chest made several years ago

I say "ugly" because among the many horde crest designs, OP is the least appealing one

My next tatoo is going to be the Chaos symbol on my shoulder
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomChickn View Post
    The reason the smart people are miserable because their head hurts so much from facepalming at all the stupid people, its so simple.

I'm all for faction allegiance and all, but that level of faction pride is .... impressive, haha

Deleted
    Kudos to the one to paint a alliance tatoo on his forehead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Kudos to the one to paint a alliance tatoo on his forehead.
    i lol'd. HARD

Isnt it kinda addiction if you tatto a game on you....you will have it forever lol.....

Deleted
    I would've never done this myself tbh. Just, if I ever start hating this game, I'll be screwed...
    But if you like it, go ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    yes he is a basketball player, but the tattoo has nothing to do with wow, is just a man riding a dragon.
    According to fellow NBA player and WoW player, Channing Frye, it is indeed an interpretation of his pally on a mount

Source: http://kotaku.com/5801084/check-out-...ssive-wingspan
    Don't forget that without sentry totem raid bosses would often sneak up on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    i like it its way more understandable then a sticth tatoo i saw yesterday

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why i got mine on my back. I dont like tattoos to be visable. I get them for me. Not anyone else
    1 of the most retarded things I've ever read tbh. All I can say is, SAD. Leave fantasy shit in fantasy land please. Oh have fun explaining this to any female you ever come in contact with, if you ever do lmao.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    The one on the back looks kind of painful

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 05:47 PM ----------

Was looking around that and found

The OP just got about 10 upped
    Nice work, but I can't imagine the pain of having that put right on the knee cap and shin bone.

OT: I've thought about getting a Horde tattoo, but have nowhere available to put it.