10+ Year Old Account

Installing a Hard drive & keeping the other.

Hi Everyone,

I've been browsing MMO Champ for ages now and I've seen a lot of helpful comments to people in computer forums about PC builds etc. So I have come here for some help! hopefully lol.

I currently have a hard drive which is an eco green Western digital (which I hate) and I want to go and buy a faster version. I would like to have this new faster hard drive have as my main hard drive where my computer boots from. Also keeping the eco green hard drive as just a storage drive, one which i can also access through my computer etc.

Is it as easy as taking out the eco hard drive, and connecting the new hard drive to install the OS and telling the computer to boot from that drive. Then plugging back in the old hard drive?

I just want to avoid paying people to do this, so if anyone knows how to do this or has a good guide online that would be fantastic!

Kind Regards,

Bloodrein.

There should be a boot sequence in the BIOS. When you get the new drive you just select from which drive to boot and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    There should be a boot sequence in the BIOS. When you get the new drive you just select from which drive to boot and that's it.
    and accessing the BIOS is different based on your motherboard. mine is f12, i think others is f8. just press whichever when prompted at startup.

Yea that'll work fine... I'm using the 1tb caviar green from my old computer as an extra storage drive for my new comp with my spinpoint f3 as the main one :P
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardezar View Post
    and accessing the BIOS is different based on your motherboard. mine is f12, i think others is f8. just press whichever when prompted at startup.
    Mines delete I think, but yeah. Change the boot sequence to make it boot from the new drive and you're set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting