Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lightwell - what to do

So today I got told in a heroic that instead of telling the people to use the Lightwell to do my job and heal. This is a moment where I'd love to see that person face to face so he can see me laughing at how unbelievable ignorant und stupid he is.

But now my question: How to handle the insane amount of dumb people when trying to teach them a proper Lightwell usage? Just let them die?

Btw, it was at Lord Walden in SFK - in my opinion a perfect boss to use a Lightwell: Small room (probably can hit the Lightwell from everywhere in the room when placed in the middle) and regular aoe, some running involved.
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

Deleted
    what to do? easy question...obvious answer: click on it!

Tell them, and if they don't - don't heal them... Pretty simple.

Personally, my lightwell yell macro reads something along the lines of "Lightwell down, click it or DIE!". Coming from the healer this usually gets the point across. If it doesn't though, I'll happily let the twerps die in a random heroic, it's no skin off my back.

Deleted
    Pretty much the answer to this is if they dont use Lightwell and they are taking loads of damage let them die. Putting down a lightwell is a healing spell. Its the same principle as a shaman putting down a Healing Rain. If shaman puts down healing rain they wouldn't run out of it/they should run into it. Its actually easier than this because they dont even have to lose dps. Just make sure you put it in a position that is easy to see. The only time I wont click light well is if its covered by something so I have to rotate camera or zoom in to be able to click it.

If its out in the open, easily seen, and they dont click it (after you atleast saying it once to give benefit of the doubt to newer players), its their fault. Let them die.

I read the title and thought "Click it" obviously this us supported by previous posters.

9 times out of 10. I drop lightwell. And I, the healer, am the only one to click it. Ive had my lightwell run out on its duration multiple times.

I always /love people that click it
    But more annoying than not using at all, is using it pre-pull...
    The countless amount of times I've seen it be used to heal for 0. Every time I see a +6.5k on Grid and we're not in combat yet, I die a little inside

Quote Originally Posted by uiemad View Post
    9 times out of 10. I drop lightwell. And I, the healer, am the only one to click it. Ive had my lightwell run out on its duration multiple times.
    9 times out of 10 I drop the Lightwell and all the hurrr durrs start spamming it, before we even engage the boss. During the boss encounter I'm the only one using it - obviously.

#showtooltip Lightwell
    /cast Lightwell
    /p Lightwell is down, if you can't click the Lightwell chances are this game and its mechanics are too complex for you. Go back to Mario Kart or just watch your health drop.

That's my macro and I'm serious with it. I'll heal the tank and of course use my AoE arsenal as holy. DBM tells me who has clicked the lightwell, if a dps cant stop tunneling for 1 second to click it then too bad. Make them learn, chances are if you show them on the first boss by the end of the run they'll understand your not messing around. DPS queue is 30 minutes give or take, if they're stupid enough to leave the run because they can't click something, well you're better off without them.

I use RSA. (spell announcer). I make little quaky/funny saying when Lightwell goes up. like "Click it for sexy time!".

RSA also tells me who clicks the LW when we're in the heat of battle.

I don't force anyone to click it. I do my job and hopefully they do theirs. i use it as my own personal healing well most of the time. Try placing the LW between Ranged and Melee in plain view. Sometimes giving helpful hints like " Lightwell has a 30yrd range. No need to violate it's personal bubble".

It's like trying to teach a child. Don't yell at the group for not using it. Slowly throughout the instance/raid (if you're PuGing) give tips/facts about the LOLwell. It helps more than having a vehement attitude.

Thanks to Amalisa for this great Sig!

it's a pain in the arse as a melee on some fights, while i do try my best (especially on progression fights) you can't get too mad at people if it's well out of range and somehow obscured

I usually toss them a renew (unless I know it's unavoidable AoE obviously.) and drop the lightwell, tell everyone that clicking it makes everyone happy. If that can't keep them up through whatever fire they're standing in [Hurr Durr] and they ain't clicking it, then well, it's not my repair bill, is it?

Just a question here, I do use it on occasion, but does the lightwell make that big of a difference? Serious question
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimtor View Post
    Just a question here, I do use it on occasion, but does the lightwell make that big of a difference? Serious question
    It's the strongest HoT in the game (*) , so it kinda does

(*) ... it is, isn't it?

Didn't they nerf him and take away his self heal?

If the Deeps does their job and interupts his ONE attack, then you won't need to heal at all. Well ok maybe once on the tank after strangulation.

That fight is a good test of whether or not someone can follow directions.

That being said I think Lightwell is a terrible ability and should be removed from the game. Priests deserve an efficient tool that doesn't rely on the intelligence of others to work. I'd rather have a Holyfiend who fills up my mana and throws out bonus heals or really anything. I'd take a bandaid on stick over lightwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbsy999 View Post
    I always /love people that click it
    But more annoying than not using at all, is using it pre-pull...
    The countless amount of times I've seen it be used to heal for 0. Every time I see a +6.5k on Grid and we're not in combat yet, I die a little inside
    If I'm tanking I always snag a click right before the pull, heals up the first hit I take. I know what ya mean though, unless it's timed right on the pull it'd be a waste.

I do wish it was a bit bigger or something to make it easier to click while tanking. I sometimes try to run close to click it and the boss ends up covering the whole damn thing makin it a big hassle to activate. Bosses with charge/erratic movement are especially bad for this. Maybe it would be a nice change to just have it automatically place the HoT on any injured players within 5-10 yds? Would certainly help with people who totally ignore it anyway, just toss the well in the melee pile.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who doesnt click the lightwell should not be healed, then tell them you "left them in charge of their own healing and they didnt heal" then requeue after getting kicked
    The Lordliest of Meese

I never expect a tank to use the lightwell but a dps when placed right in the middle of the room can be expected to click it. Also when I know the fights I can estimate pretty well where a good drop spot for the well is that everyone can reach it without running his arse off (not run at all really) - rarely if ever it gets used by dps.
    Its so often dps take dmg from avoidable stuff - repeatedly so I impossibly can bring them up completely. Just a renew and maybe the occasional serenity when tank is topped off and nothing else to be expected but if they keep failing massively then at least use a lightwell?
    "Sir, we are surrounded, Sir"
    "Excellent, we can attack in every direction"

Deleted
    I'm there to keep people alive, lightwell goes down, if they don't use it I'll still heal them. If they die because my throughput wasn't enough/i went oom and they didn't use lightwell that's their fault, if they lived then I get loot.