Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I try to click it when I can but 9 times out of 10, the Priest will put it right inside a boss or in some other location that makes it incredibly hard to see.

People still don't think they need to click lightwells? Blizzard even made a in-game tip on the loading screen about it, but then again we are talking about players from LFD :P.

Deleted
    Lighwell is useless, its so freakin small and placement is often poor = i dont click it and there are no healing priest in top raid groups

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKongBong View Post
    Lighwell is useless, its so freakin small and placement is often poor = i dont click it and there are no healing priest in top raid groups
    You are obviously clueless.

Just download LightwellProut, I think it is called. It is an addon that announces when it is down, how many charges it has, and also, who clicks it. My guild never used it until I started using this addon. Once you name and shame people, they tend to get their act together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKongBong View Post
    Really? Paragon have 2 healing priests in their lineups. These two priests partook in 25 & 10 man heroics of the t11 content before you were even able to do heroics. Their logs for their kills shows use of lightwell. Hmm...

I have little issue with lightwell usage. Get RSA, have it announce when it's down, have it announce when it goes away, have it announce when it gets clicked. When I'm in raids, I'll even remind people when it's a good time to click it (eg, I constantly remind melee during Dark phase on Maloriak, after crackles on Nef, etc.). In a PUG heroic, I'll just put it down before the pull because it's free, and they'll use it, or they won't. But I've found that actually announcing to the group that people are clicking it encourages people to want to click it. Why? Because if they don't, and they die, but everyone else clicked it and lived, I now can now pretty decisively say it was their fault, not mine. Then again, the only reason people die in heroics is because someone failed at mechanics, or the tank is bad, not because I wasn't able to heal them.

Deleted

Posted for my guildies on our forum...they still need reminding by our priests sometimes.

As a DPS, I will click the Lightwell if the following conditions are met:

1- I can actually see it.
    2- I do not need my mouse for other things, like running for my life
    3- I feel like it will actually make a difference in my staying alive.

1 is easy, 2 is about half of the time. but 3? Rarely. My DK's Death Strike does more for my short-term survivability and even in the long run I will just opt to use that to bring my health back up. It's 15% health per hit. My Shaman has Healing Stream down 24/7 and can use Maelstrom (though Shaman survivability is crap anyway).

On a related note: I think that a heal that people have to use themselves is a bad idea, because it's not our job to heal. Avoid damage where we can, yes, but there's a difference and a lot of classes have their own abilities they'd rather use (if in possession of brains).
    Lightwell should have been like the Argent Lightwell used in Trial of the Champion, something which is dropped and then heals people on it's own. Like Healing Stream Totem does, my Shaman would be totally cool with that. Totems are cool, mon.
    Last edited by CookieEater; 2011-05-16 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    When I'm doing dungeon runs with my DK tank, I ask the priests of the guild to come heal me so they can drop a lightwell on boss fights and then ignore me. They find it amusing that between the Lightwell and my death strikes, blood tap etc, they can ignore me and just focus on any idiots we may have ended up pugging.

I agree with other posters though, tell them it's there when you drop it. With people that don't want to click the lightwell, let them stay at lower than safe health until they use it, and let them whinge if they don't use it. You might not be doing 'primary' healing on a target, but you're making available 'secondary' healing they can use themselves. I personally run into a druid's effloresence when I see it, and I guess this dps still wouldn't consider that "proper healing" and would probably run out of it in protest

Not clicking lightwell is effectively the same as standing in fire. We don't heal people that stand in fire do we? No, we don't. Go ahead and kick me, I'll be in a new dungeon with better players before you find a replacement.

Put up a macro: our guilds holy priest had one : CLICK THE F*CKING LIGHTWELL YOU IDIOTS!!! or something like that.
    Though that didn't work out that well so we had a little competition: the person who got the most healing by lightwell (all bosses together) got a little present, money and some stack of flask so he didn't have to buy them for the cauldrons, which led that some guys focused more on the lightwell than on their job, so that plan wasn't that good aswell.
    But after these two things the people somehow the people got it at some point, cho'gall heroic when i remember right at the shadow AoE.
    So just keep on putting up the thing and shout at people (even in PUGs) to click it.

ya normally my lightwell is only for me

i think the problem its that normally the dps have the player/target frame on default location (top left) and have some addons like dot bars etc etc on bottom, they normally dont see taking damage

but yes, normally its just tunnel vision or lazy dps that are in pugs or on your raids

There are a couple of addons you can use to make LW more noticeable. One is Lightwell Geespot and the other is Lightwell Prout. Both can be found on Curse. Both announce how many charges are on it, that it is placed, and who uses it- BY NAME- uselessly. My lightwell heals for a base amount of 19857 over 5.70 secs. That's a 6k hot.

Blizz has made it so it is not spammable per se any more. That means that they cannot waste a charge unless the lightwell renew buff has worn off. Once your party/raid/say chat has been spammed with "SOANDSO has used Alethia's lightwell- uselessly" several times, the point gets across. And, the buff stacks with another holy priest's lightwell.

Something Melee needs to understand is that it can be clicked while on the move and it doesn't interrupt DPS at all. You can keep doing your attacks and click it for that hot.

I do agree that placement is an issue at times. But that is easily remedied by the priest ASKING if the placement is correct. It's trial and error. There are certain fights in my 25 mans that I put the LW in a certain spot- every single time. The raid knows where it is and it gets used.

If, say in a 5 man, they don't use it, their repair bill is on them. Make a macro saying you will place it and if they refuse to take the second to click it, that you hope they have enough gold to repair from their death(s). You're the healer. Own your place in the dungeons. =)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieEater View Post
    Lightwell should have been like the Argent Lightwell used in Trial of the Champion, something which is dropped and then heals people on it's own. Like Healing Stream Totem does, my Shaman would be totally cool with that. Totems are cool, mon.
    Where's Kelesti!?

OT: Lightwell rocks, even if I'm the only one that's using it in a group of braindeads

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    It's the strongest HoT in the game (*) , so it kinda does

(*) ... it is, isn't it?
    It's nto the strongest HoT in the game, but it is the most mana efficient heal in the game

Signature by Kenz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by champ3000 View Post
    You are obviously clueless.

Just download LightwellProut, I think it is called. It is an addon that announces when it is down, how many charges it has, and also, who clicks it. My guild never used it until I started using this addon. Once you name and shame people, they tend to get their act together.
    champ3000 uses Lightwell to pad the meters. In order to fix this you must click on it 10 times at full health.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by healsdude View Post
    I don't spec into Lightwell.
    Even if you have a group that is willing to use it, being able to use it properly is situational. Lightwell is great if you have a group of melees on a patchwerk like fight or a group that is otherwise able to stand reasonably close (I know, 20 yrds) to it so they can click on it.

Any movement a DPS needs to make in order to use Lightwell is DPS lost. In a raid that's just a no-no IMO especially if you have an enrage timer to beat.
    You don't need a pathwerk style fight to use Lightwell. In fact, more movement fights favor lightwell (for non clickers) since you can click on lightwell while running which shouldn't be a problem since you're not focused dpsing while running.

Another thing to consider is that you can't expect DPS to watch their health bar and think, Oh - I'm missing 8560 health, if I click on the Lightwell now I will waste so-many ticks, let's wait until I take a little bit more damage so as not to waste too many Lightwell ticks and keep our priest happy. <-- not happening!
    Aren't you exaggerating a bit too much? Even healers won't really care if you're missing just 10k health. People who do use Lightwell, tend to click it when they're <70% health (usually lower). So no, no one is ever going to be in a position where they're going to think about "will this click waste lightwell ticks?"

The mana efficiency of Lightwell is only worth it if the majority of its uses can actually be used to heal and not go to waste by idiots with 1 health off their healthbar going nuts on clicking it.
    The majority of your argument was centered about losing potential dps due to having to click Lightwell. Going by that line of thinking, what idiot would want to waste their precious deeps in order to waste Lightwell? They're better off getting kicked from the raid.

Deleted
    Priests are the only class offering a "bandage HoT".

Why on EARTH should the dps adapt to a priest healer in pugs??

In raids - ok its viable (sometimes), but remember this - The players get a priest healer 1/5 of the time they do a pug. Why should they change their play style? They have one job - to kill the mob. They dont care where the heals are comming from. They just do THEIR jobs. You stick to YOUR job and stop bickering. I heal as holy and do FINE without the LW. All other healer classes than holy priests just heal their group - thats it.

You cant expect people to adapt to you, when the last 3 hc has been with a druid and 2 shammys healers. They dont change playstyle for you. Why should they?

And tbh "we dont heal people standing in the fire do we?"

I freaking hope you do! Otherwise your an arrogant lazy sad sad kind of healer. Your job is to make sure people stay alive. Whatever way you can.

Just as the tanks job is to keep aggro, the dps job is to get the mobs down.

You dont hear a mage saying " i dont wanna kill the mob hitting the healer, cause he was standing too close to the spawn spot" do you? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    Priests are the only class offering a "bandage HoT".

Why on EARTH should the dps adapt to a priest healer in pugs??

In raids - ok its viable (sometimes), but remember this - The players get a priest healer 1/5 of the time they do a pug. Why should they change their play style? They have one job - to kill the mob. They dont care where the heals are comming from. They just do THEIR jobs. You stick to YOUR job and stop bickering. I heal as holy and do FINE without the LW. All other healer classes than holy priests just heal their group - thats it.

You cant expect people to adapt to you, when the last 3 hc has been with a druid and 2 shammys healers. They dont change playstyle for you. Why should they?

And tbh "we dont heal people standing in the fire do we?"

I freaking hope you do! Otherwise your an arrogant lazy sad sad kind of healer. Your job is to make sure people stay alive. Whatever way you can.

Just as the tanks job is to keep aggro, the dps job is to get the mobs down.

You dont hear a mage saying " i dont wanna kill the mob hitting the healer, cause he was standing too close to the spawn spot" do you? :P
    Because it can save mana, healer without mana = useless healer. you might aswell run with 4 dps and 1 tank in heroics then, and you shouldn't even be standing in fire so idk what your point is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingx View Post
    Because it can save mana, healer without mana = useless healer. you might aswell run with 4 dps and 1 tank in heroics then, and you shouldn't even be standing in fire so idk what your point is
    If you cant hold mana in a HC without LW you should really dps on your priest instead of healing.

And i was quoting another guy saying we dint heal players standing in fire. Ofc we do. We heal whatever dmg is taken and bitch about it afterwards.