Page 1 of 2
LastLast

4.2 JP for 359 and VP for whatever 359+?

"All existing Valor Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Justice Points."

okey, i read somewhere on the forums that Valor points are converted into JP, and this was because all the 359 epics will be bought with JP and that the valor points will be for 372 ilvl or something, is this confirmed or on the PTR at the moment?

if so... wth is the point of farming VP right now then for 359 epics!? not to mention how sad i will be cuz of all the effort i've put (pretty sure ALOT of others tooo) into getting my current epics!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You still can not buy the helm and shoulders

Everything else - Yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Once patch 4.2 comes out, all of the existing VP will be turned into JP. As well as there is a 4000 JP limit that an individual can own. Furthermore, the items that will be sold from the VP vendor will be 379 (thats the loot level that the Firelands bosses will be dropping), not 372.

I don't need the ptr to tell you that this will be implemented. Blizzard stated when cata released that this would happen each tier.

It's not confirmed if helm and shoulders will be purchasable or not.

okey, thanks =) hmm... how much will the 359 epics cost then with JP? and what happens with the 346 gear?

Quote Originally Posted by sxensai View Post
    "All existing Valor Points in the Currency tab have been converted to Justice Points."

okey, i read somewhere on the forums that Valor points are converted into JP, and this was because all the 359 epics will be bought with JP and that the valor points will be for 372 ilvl or something, is this confirmed or on the PTR at the moment?

if so... wth is the point of farming VP right now then for 359 epics!? not to mention how sad i will be cuz of all the effort i've put (pretty sure ALOT of others tooo) into getting my current epics!
    All the effort you put into farming welfare epics? lol. What's the point of people doing raids right now since all their loot will be obsolete when 4.2 hits. It's called tiered content bro. It's what happens. Hasn't been any different since the first raids(although some items lasted a long time in vanilla). New stuff comes out and old stuff becomes trash.

This is what they said would happen back when they announced the new VP/JP system. Current tier epics will be bought with VP, previous tier stuff with JP.

Why bother with VP farming for 359 gear now? Good question indeed!
    ---

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    Considering they arent now and are boss drops it's safe to assume they wont be purchasable.

okey, thanks =) hmm... how much will the 359 epics cost then with JP? and what happens with the 346 gear?
    The gear will be terminated.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyn View Post
    Why bother with VP farming for 359 gear now? Good question indeed!
    Why not? I spend my VP on conquest points.

And since the VP will be "reset" I might as well farm it now on my alts and buy the odd item.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gear is always replaced the further the game goes; so I don't know why some would be bothered in addition this trend has been here since wrath

Considering they arent now and are boss drops it's safe to assume they wont be purchasable.
    but still it's an assumption

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    The hope is that they wont add them to those vendors, keeping the tier 11 raid content somewhat meaningful. For people that can't raid firelands (for whatever reason) will still do BWD and BoT.

I also have a feeling that having 2piece T11 and 2piece T12 will be a popular choice while progressing, but that's a baseless assumption. Assuming that Frandal will drop the shoulders and Ragnaros drops the helms, guilds struggling to get those bosses down just might prefer the old 2p bonus over the ilvl379 non-set epics, but that depends on how each class/spec rates it's T11 2p bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    The gear will be terminated.
    I might be wrong, but I kind of remember that when Blizz explained the system they said that the items that were previously sold for justice points would have their cost lowered when the valor ones were moved to the justice vendor.

Deleted
    I think the idea is to get hc loot, which is 372 and pretty close to the firelands 379 loot. So, all the people that got 359 this content and managed to get hc down will have an easier start with firelands. Everyone else will have to gear up with 359 to have it easier or even posible to raid firelands. The question really is how hard will the bosses be with 359 and 372 equip. I would make a wild guess and say 346 peeps don't stand a chance in firelands as they don't in ZG/ZA. 359 is nice but you goal for this content is getting those 372 items or at least full 359, which the vendor can't supply.

On a sidenote, considering this change I will start converting VP into PVP points and getting arena equip since with 4.2 we have a new season and I'll be able to buy all my missing equip with JP. I think you can safe more time by getting your full pvp set now since you have to buy more PVP items compared to all the possible PVE items the vendor has.

I just hope they'll give us a JP softcap after the conversion again, so we don't need to buy crap if we got more than 4k VP now already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bother upgrading stuff now when it will be obsolete next tier?

Simple. IT IS AN UPGRADE AT THE MOMENT! Besides, you VP will be reset, so why not spend it? =D
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Temsen View Post
    I just hope they'll give us a JP softcap after the conversion again, so we don't need to buy crap if we got more than 4k VP now already.
    There is no use for a softcap now. Let's check, if there was one, after 4.2 hits you could have 8000 justice points(random soft cap) and 0 valor. What could you buy with them: the old justice point items (which you don't need because you raid, or seems so because you have a surplus of valor points), or the old valor point items (which you also don't seem to need because you are stockpiling them instead of buying upgrades or even boots to sell)