Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Windows 7 on Mac Os x! Hence Mac Os x xD

Bootcamp all the way.
    Might as well just buy a normal laptop then and at least you'll get better hardware lol

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 Windows 7

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

Ubuntu if you're not trying to play games.

updating comp in a month or 2 - going to windows 7 64 bit - only coz i have good info that it is a very good OS and its what micrsoft wanted vista to be (but it fuked it up big style9

My personal favourite is Mac OS X, but it very much depends on what you want and what you're using it for.

I would say XP if there wasn't Windows 7. If one has tried both then how can one say XP is better when W7 is XP and Vista combined without the negative sides of Vista (or XP for that matter)?

Deleted
    Windows 7 - I like using an OS that supports all games being released.

Deleted
    Mac - all crap
    linux - depends on what destro but good to bad mostly good can be a pain if your a novis and for this reason i dont think they are the best.
    windows - everyone use's it its fast to use, plays all your games, has awsome driver support, used world wide, secure (people might argu as it has more attacks but thats only because more people use it... if more people used linux i guarentee it would be known as the most insecure as mac if they were used more than windows.).

so ya for me windows is the best Windows 7 x64 (with all the tellytubby theme and stuff turned off)

What you just said is *so* wrong. In the future, post more constructively. Definitely the first sentence will cause nothing but flaming.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-05-15 at 09:30 AM.

I should also add that I used Snow Leopard on my regular old laptop. Hackintosh FTW. However, it did take quite a while to get the right distro for my laptop. If you love Mac OS X then I highly recommend giving hackintosh a go! For more information use google - "hackintosh". I do not believe I am able to give links to such sites. Enjoy

This is great if you are considering purchasing a MAC laptop/computer and want to test the operating system or you simply want to do it for fun!
    Last edited by Jaqera; 2011-05-15 at 12:44 AM.

IMO, the best operating system you can get right now for gaming is Windows 7 x64, for obvious reasons. 4 GB is the norm, so 64 bits are a necessity, and WXP 64 just doesn't cut it, at least I've had driver issues before on a couple machines before and I've read many users have the same issues, along others.
    The other thing, is DX 11 support. Tesselation, although not used too much nowadays, is a neat thing to have when you have the option.

Windows Vista is a joke, so I'm not even considering it.

On the other hand, almost any Linux distro out there, if you can afford the perfomance decrease in some games (caused by the API layer) and don't care about dx 11 (although it will be soon supported, if it isn't already?), it can perfectly fit you. Plus, it is quite friendly to the average serious (I said serious, meaning that both casual or hardcores can be serious) PC gamer, and it has, of course, all the advantages of being linux. You can optimize your system much more than on Windows, you don't have to format/defrag your HD every once in a while, you can personalize the system to suit your mood like no windows, you have easier acces to more power over your system with a terminal, and, of course, it's free.

In terms of Windows they have all had issues. People like XP but seem to forget that XP took a couple of service packs to make it tolerable. When it first released it was as bad as Vista. But people didn't want to give MS the chance to fix Vista, so MS "did" fix Vista and relabeled it Windows 7 which works fine. But in reality Win 7 is really just Vista SP 3 or something like that.

As an aside, I used 64-bit Vista with no problems. I had 32-bit for a while and it had issues, so I think that maybe some of the issues are 32 vs 64 bit. Never tried 32 bit Win 7, so I can't compare that to 64 bit.

Most stable Windows ever? 3.11 in my opinion.

Deleted
    OS X Snow Leopard

10+ Year Old Account
    Windows 7, obviously!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by Needalight View Post
    Windows 7 on Mac Os x! Hence Mac Os x xD

Bootcamp all the way.
    You know you can install VMWare on Windows and then run Mac from it? Though I don't know why you'd want that because Windows > Mac.

It quite honestly depends on what I want to do. For coding, I'm too cheap to pay for good compilers so I use Linux (several varietys) but as far as I'm concerned the best OS in terms of absolute capabilitys for its time was 98SE. I am seriously not a fan of the home/business split MS pulled when it went to ME/Win2k and Media Center editions are abominations that shouldn't even be allowed to exist. Of the currently available OS, I use XP Pro for gaming simply because Blizzard isn't releasing a Linux native client.

Deleted
    Using 7, never re-installed it, never had any problems, everything runs smoothly, and it's also great on an aesthetical level.

win7 for sure ! Vista was crap and xp was ok !
    and no mac for sure :P

Windows 3.1 all the way
    for real though win 7 because I don't have a problem with polyimput control units (i.e. 2 button mouse)

10+ Year Old Account
    The best operating system is the newest version of Windows your system can support. As long as Windows is the only OS to support PC gaming it will remain so.

And lol at the Vista hate. Running Vista 64 for 3 years now not 1 problem, not 1 blue screen, not 1 hard reset, not 1 driver issue, not 1... People tried to upgrade crap machines to a new OS and it didnt work well so the OS got smeared. Vista works great on good hardware.

If you don't try to actually do anything with it, yes Vista will run great on decent (doesn't need good even) hardware but I can tell you from repeated experience as a power user and tech of nearly 25 years, Vista earned its rep for trouble several times over. 7 is stable, XP is adequate for what 90% of the people buying computers today will use them for. Words of advice in regards to MS operating systems: don't touch a new release for at least the first year, turn off automatic updates immediately after validation, make frequent backups.