Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Fall of The Lich King - The Rein of Bolvar Fordragon

I always pondered on the fact that through all the hardwork at the end of The Wrath of the Lich King, if you go down into technical terms, we never slayed the Lich King, we merely slayed Arthas. Knowing that fact, Bolvar Fordragon never gave into the Lich King's will and is now jailer of the damned - imprisoning the Lich King within the Frozen Throne once more and containing the threat of the Scourge, brings a lot to mind.

What do you think Blizzard will ever do with that story, if they ever do. Will they bring him back at some point, even just to find out more? Thoughts...?

Deleted
    I'd say, wait and see till Deathwing comes out.

Deathwing for LK lol

Eventually... Bolvar falls. Blizz is nothing if not predictable. Human vs Demon in mental battle over time, Demon wins. Diablo 2 taught us that. :P

Deleted
    i think this story arc will not be touched until the final xpac, where the scourge fights alongside us against the burning legion and ol' sargeras

We would need a lot more fire power than anyone currently has, you pretty much have to entirely destroy northrend, and the forsake i.e. the horde scourge.

I doubt it will happen, you would have to kill off an entire faction of player characters, and destroy northrend where we still have horde / alliance towns, and the peacful citizens of northrend like the kalkua (sp?).
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Treepunch View Post
    i think this story arc will not be touched until the final xpac, where the scourge fights alongside us against the burning legion and ol' sargeras
    That would be amazing omg...
    And you get a scourge faction like AShen Verdict esque where you grind rep by killing demons and the quartermaster is bolvar
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Look for scourge uprisings in the Warcraft 4 Role Playing Strategy game, coming "soon" for 2020!

I'd be surprised to see scourge-heavy conflicts until then, we all got a pretty strong dose in WotLK and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    you pretty much have to entirely destroy northrend, and the forsake i.e. the horde scourge.
    Refering to the Forsaken as "the horde scourge" is pretty ignorant.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rain View Post
    a girl can dream, can't he?

If they revisit his story, he'll most likely aid the Horde and Alliance against whoever the Big Bad is at the time.

Deleted
    We would need a lot more fire power than anyone currently has, you pretty much have to entirely destroy northrend, and the forsake i.e. the horde scourge.

I doubt it will happen, you would have to kill off an entire faction of player characters, and destroy northrend where we still have horde / alliance towns, and the peacful citizens of northrend like the kalkua (sp?).
    I facepalmed.

Deleted
    I'm actually hoping that phasing will be put to good use and we'll see Outland/Northrend put to use again. Not completely revamping areas, but perhaps unlocking more dungeons/raids for plot purposes.

Deleted
    The Fall of The Lich King - The Rein of Bolvar Fordragon
    Deathwing gonna drop Bolvar as a mount?

Sowwy, couldn't help it :-D

How did you manage to get 3 85's, an 83, and an 81 and manage to miss the point completely? Ebay much?

There must always be a Lich King of the Flying Dutchman, arrrrrrgh

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 08:41 PM ----------

That's roughly my understanding of the lore behind the entire last expansion

10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise the only person who knows that there is still a Lich King is Tirion. So as long as Bolvar does his job, then no one will be the wiser...right?

The Lich King is a title, one given to whoever is in control of the armor (or maybe just helm). The book Arthas shows up that when first dawned, he had to go through a 5 or 6 year 'battle' until he won. There was three sides, his humanity, the Arthas that we knew at the end of Frozen Throne, and Ner'zul. The victor was Arthas, the others were forced into the back of his mind.

Bolvar is going through this same battle now, and he will win. It's him again Ner'zul, Ner'zul couldn't beat someone that he knew well, he doesn't know Bolvar at all. Bolvar might play the part of Lich King and have small, minor attacks against the living to keep the scourge from turning against him, but I doubt he'll even do that. The Scourge has a jailor now, or at least will once Bolvar steps out.

And yes, we will see it, Blizz said so, I expect next expansion we'll see all things BC updated, then the 5th we'll see Northrend updated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    Refering to the Forsaken as "the horde scourge" is pretty ignorant.
    To quote a good saying a friend passed down onto me.

"Ranger Sylvanas was an honorable patriot in life, who fought valiantly to protect our homeland. Alone against impossible odds, she nearly defeated all of them single-handedly. I do not question her patriotism and determination now. That is why I am terrified of her, and her kind. Claim that they have free will all they want; they remain an instrument of her will, much like the Scourge was an instrument of Arthas’s."
    HERE COMES THE PEW TANK!
    ●█︻███▄▄▄︻︻︻═══┻ ...PEW......PEW....PEW
    ▃▅████████▅▄▃
    ████PWNED███████▅
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

10+ Year Old Account
    I think we're less likely to se a situation where Bolvar turns against us, and far more likely to see one where some other, less virtuous being takes the crown from Bolvar to become the new Lich King.

Or Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    There must always be a Lich King of the Flying Dutchman, arrrrrrgh

---------- Post added 2011-05-14 at 08:41 PM ----------

That's roughly my understanding of the lore behind the entire last expansion
    Fairly accurate, although the reality is actually less awesome, as it does not heavily feature pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWinky View Post
    they remain an instrument of her will, much like the Scourge was an instrument of Arthas’s.
    No more than ANY soldier is an instrument of their leader's will. So no, not even remotely like the Scourge.