Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    While Onyxia is explicitly undead in BWD, Nefarian isn't really. I think the guys got a point, we chopped off his head and hung it over the gates and yet he looks no worse for the wear.
    No. He's pretty undead looking. He has NO SKIN. He's dripping blood. His innards are exposed. I believe there's even a scar on his next.

And people. Ony ISN'T UNDEAD. At all. She's mechanically reanimated. She's even more mindless then undead.

As for most of the rest? We killed them. We did kill C'Thun. We might have killed Yogg, no proof supporting any way.(And no, the "we can't kill them or Azeroth dies" doesn't mean we didn't.) Obvious ones not killed didn't die when we defeated them. Some are touchy, so I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, they respawn on tuesdays.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

even though i would LOVE to see algalon in a raid again, I don't think it would happen

1: he's a titanic watcher thingy, they (the titans) would have killed him if we defeated him and he disoberyed the order he was given.
    2: if he isn't killed, he most likely ascended into the heaven (if you get the reference +1 internetz and a highfive for you) to be with the titans.
    3: or as he said when defeated, he hasn't much time yet, and *we* should focus on getting the right transmition send to the titans, 'cause he said he didn't have much time left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like in movies and books, epic bosses never die that easy or have eerie ways of coming back to life in the same form or another. And tbh, since players can res themselves at graveyards or be ressed by other abilities, why not the bosses??? In WoW, death is never final.

Quote Originally Posted by restoxpresso View Post
    even though i would LOVE to see algalon in a raid again, I don't think it would happen

1: he's a titanic watcher thingy, they (the titans) would have killed him if we defeated him and he disoberyed the order he was given.
    2: if he isn't killed, he most likely ascended into the heaven (if you get the reference +1 internetz and a highfive for you) to be with the titans.
    3: or as he said when defeated, he hasn't much time yet, and *we* should focus on getting the right transmition send to the titans, 'cause he said he didn't have much time left.
    it's 2 and 3, we sent the all's clear code so the titans think he did his job, then left to repair. At least I hope he repaired...I know we'll never see him again but damn it he's awesome I want him to live!

I can't believe this thread started so well in regards to Onyxia's return (note how the OP was trying their best to get people AWAY from thinking about the Anniversary return), yet people have managed to go staight to the anniversary return despite how clearly it was stated that the discussion was about her return in BWD (which has been appropriate discussed).

So sad.

Fryya...."nowadays"? They've been reusing models since Vanailla. AQ was pretty much the only exception.

Finally, comics are cannon, but Blizzard isn't scared to retcon. Remember that.

Deleted
    We haf ress
    They haf ress

Deleted
    LOL Algalon should come back and see how messes up Azeroth is now :P
    But on a serious note
    Any raid boss that wasnt important is dead and dusted.
    Sin and KJ we're pushed back...dont think we killed Sin..havent actually managed to down her yet but in the vids she just looks like she gets sucked into her portal thing :P
    But like previous posts say...Most bosses come back for LOL factor and others make sense like the elemental lords in their realm
    Though I couldnt see why the titans didnt just kill them :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaminrifts View Post
    Sin and KJ we're pushed back...dont think we killed Sin..havent actually managed to down her yet but in the vids she just looks like she gets sucked into her portal thing :P
    It wasn't a portal. It was a giant, molten pool of lava. We basically pushed her back into the lava (that she somehow emerged from to begin with?). Not sure on her status.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncs View Post
    Magister's Terrace was merely a setback.

Was there any story behind Nefarians reappearance in Blackwing Descent? Seems like he kinda came back just out of the blue.
    wasent neffy ressurected by deathwing ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, we killed quite a lot.
    However:

Nefarian: Dead. He was turned into an Undead Dragon, but he was technically as dead as he could get until our dearest Deathwing showed up to resurrect him.
    Onyxia: Nefarians Test subject. Revived for the sake of having power and another Undead Dragon.
    Ragnaros: Elements can only truly die in their own plain. Was already known.
    Kil'Jeadan: Was wack-a-moled back into the Sunwell.
    Kael'Thas: Who knows. Crazy Blood Mage with a lot of followers still now, and with A LOT of magic at its disposal.
    Illidan: To be fair, I've got no clue. Although it is said he died, I have some doubts due to what he already managed to do. He had the power to create a new Well of Eternity. Enough Lore-lol here to get him back in action.
    Any Demon we "Killed": Doubts about those. Technically, Demons are the same as Elementals and can only die in their own realm. There have, however, been a few cases where this didn't apply. Or at least, we think it did not apply.
    Arthas: Awww, he dead. Seriously, he dead. I hope they burned his body, cause if they didn't, then they deserve to be roflstomped by Arthas again.
    Kel'Thuzad: I don't think he is really dead. Did we actually destroy the object which would cause him to be immortal?
    C'thun and Yogg-Saron: Doublty. We might have killed them, but we know they were MUCH bigger than what we saw. We could have killed only a part of them. For all we know, we could have destroyed a pimple of them.
    Dawwwwwww

Illidan: To be fair, I've got no clue. Although it is said he died, I have some doubts due to what he already managed to do. He had the power to create a new Well of Eternity. Enough Lore-lol here to get him back in action.
    He didnt create it using his own magic, He stole 4 vials from the original well before it exploded

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elexion View Post
    He didnt create it using his own magic, He stole 4 vials from the original well before it exploded
    Having the power to create a new one does not always means he uses his own powers.
    Humans have the power to blow a whole town to pieces, but technically, we don't do it ourself but we have the means to do so.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    Having the power to create a new one does not always means he uses his own powers.
    Humans have the power to blow a whole town to pieces, but technically, we don't do it ourself but we have the means to do so.
    well alright he did have the power to turn his wrist but it ends there!

Deleted
    These discussions always end up inaccurate because people seem to forget what happens in the LORE beats what happens in the GAME, because the game as been altered for a better experience.
    Last edited by mmoc1e9e1a2368; 2011-05-15 at 09:58 AM. Reason: correction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ncs View Post
    Magister's Terrace was merely a setback.

Was there any story behind Nefarians reappearance in Blackwing Descent? Seems like he kinda came back just out of the blue.
    He's undead in BWD

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Obviously ragnaros wasnt dead but hopefully he'll stay dead this time
    So would anybody like to add to this list?
    This is WoW, where bosses don't stay dead because they have resuable models!

anub arak is still alive

Now it's Onyxia and Nefarian dead, I guess Deathwing won't ress those "setbacks" again.

Kil'Jaeden returns in last expansion before Sargeras, I'm sure. Maybe Kael'thas too. :P

Setback to another, Old Gods aren't dead. There will be at least one more I hope. Then they 3 combine and it's the next expansion's monstrosity "Algalon-Sinestra" -boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    C'Thun (he was resurrected by Cho'gall, so he was actually dead)
    Just because he was resurrected doesn't mean he was actually "dead", he could just have been in some sort of stasis and probably would have emerged again in time, Joe just made it happen earlier.

Lady Vashj
    Idkn, I'm kinda expecting to see her again tbh.