Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    There is some bad seeds in LFG, but not everyone is like that...

A in this pic is a hunter, and O being me...

//imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/neckp.png/

(And since i almost can post pics, you have to add the http to the start, unless someone can fix it for me)

Bumping into the bad ones is surely annoying, but you just gotta move on...

Thanks Lilsocks..
    Last edited by mmocba08ea396d; 2011-05-16 at 02:01 PM. Reason: fixed the link

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doril View Post
    There is some bad seeds in LFG, but not everyone is like that...

A in this pic is a hunter, and O being me...

www.imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/neckp.png/

(And since i almost can post pics, you have to add the http to the start, unless someone can fix it for me)

Bumping into the bad ones is surely annoying, but you just gotta move on...
    Fixed for ya

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    *gets out the ass-less chaps* you did say anything goes...
    yup. Pretty much anything does go, there was even a blue post about it, (look it up yourself), where they said they allow os needing because then for example a plate dps could get an os tank set together rather then start with nothing. Applies to heals too, but ilvl, damn, cough(scrub) cough....
    Scrape that dogshit off your boot and move forward son, don;t let it smash you up.
    I've refrenced this in a different post today already: 30 days of Hmec for the suneater on my main at the time b/c a MAGE needed it when it dropped the very first time I ran it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    Yes. Blizzard ruined the community and wonders why people say their game sucks. MMOs are all about community, and if you have a shitty one, you have a shitty game.

In later WotLK I constantly saw people in trade chat running PuGs despite the fact that they were ninjas. They routinely stole items they needed from their groups and just made a new one the next week. Its because no one knows each other anymore and/or no one cares about stealing unless it involves them..
    This makes no sense. If people don't know each other on their own realm, how is that Blizzard's fault?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    I'm curious, OP, if he had said that he wanted it for his resto set...you would of said what?

Personally, if my Warrior was MS DPS, but I wanted/needed to get a prot set together, but knew there was no chance of me tanking heroics - I'd jus sit through the queue as DPS and get the tank gear. Or, flip that around, and tank get DPS gear. Yes, it kinda does suck to a point. But would you rather me queue as a tank in pure DPS gear and wipe all night? Or work to get the gear so I can queue as an actual tank?

Not saying the shaman in your example was right. Definitely not by far, I absolutely despise Blizzard for making it so non-equipped items (or just items that don't go with your spec, which wouldn't be hard to implement) count towards your iLvl. But jus sayin, that kind of stuff is *going* to happen one way or another. I've gotten stuff taken from me constantly. In fact, just yesterday, a resto shaman took the trinket from the last boss in H LcT over my new Hunter alt. Was I mad? A little. But it's the way it works now.
    Or you can grind tank gear the way the rest of us tanks did by tanking regulars ---> heroics ---> zan'dalar. Don't be the people you hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilperch View Post
    I'll try to keep this short.

I've been playing WoW for 3 years and I've seen a lot of things. Some of them good, some bad.

I remember spending many, many hours asking in trade chat for a tank for a heroic in BC. Times were different back then. Not better or worse. Just different.

Then Wrath came out, and eventually the Dungeon Finder. This changed everything. At first I thought it was for the better. More tanks and healers meant more heroics.

Then I realized I met most of my best friends pugging in BC. We'd group up, have a good time, exchange info and then group up again.

The Dungeon Finder pretty much eliminated that. It's good for faster groups, but I realize the chance of making new friends in a random is slim to none.

Getting to the point...

Because running randoms is so impersonal (I say hello when I join one, but I almost never see anyone respond or say anything the whole run), people are playing for themselves. Not for the MMO part. They're playing for the RPG part. Which is fine, until you realize those other four toons are actually played by human beings.

4.1 brought us two new dungeons. Each one has a chance to drop some pretty nice gear, including mounts and BoE epics.

Purple has an effect on people. When those BoEs drop, 50% of the time I have witnessed someone (who already has it, or something better) need it, then drop group. I kid you not. It's an epidemic.

But today, I decided to queue for an old heroic for an item I wanted but never got. A healing trinket for my main spec. Fast forward... I didn't think the trinket would drop. It did.

I rolled need. The enhancement shaman did too. I asked him kindly to pass it to me for my main spec. He said no.

He won the roll. I asked why he needed it.

He answered "I need the ilevel to get into the new heroics."

"But it's an upgrade for my main spec."

"You lost the roll, suck it up."

TL;DR - So anything goes in a PuG? Common courtesy is gone? I realize anonymity can turn people into jerks, but seriously... In 3 years of playing, I've never seen it get this bad.

This has nothing to do with courtesy, but with unstated rules of loot sharing.
    Main problem arise when you put together servers with different set of rules for once, and when Blizzard states that if the "need" buttong is up for you it's fair game to roll on it and there is no problem then a huge lot of people start doing that exactly, whatever the reason.

It's even worse since they put armor class limitation on boe rolls (which should either be needable by all or by no one).
    I don't like it, but it's only a question of unspoken aggreement (and yes, i hate when tanks need the dps loot i need and otehr way around).

Deleted
    Personally, if my Warrior was MS DPS, but I wanted/needed to get a prot set together, but knew there was no chance of me tanking heroics - I'd jus sit through the queue as DPS and get the tank gear. Or, flip that around, and tank get DPS gear. Yes, it kinda does suck to a point. But would you rather me queue as a tank in pure DPS gear and wipe all night?
    No, I'ld rather have you go back to normals and get the gear (and the experience!!!) there. You're not going to be a great tank if you don't get practice in normals anyway.
    Or work to get the gear so I can queue as an actual tank?
    Still, no. And even if you're good enough to go tank HCs straight away, you don't have to need to acquire a tank set. I am tank spec, and even by just greeding I have acquired a full off-spec set in case I ever wanted to go resto or balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tala View Post
    No, I'ld rather have you go back to normals and get the gear (and the experience!!!) there. You're not going to be a great tank if you don't get practice in normals anyway.

Still, no. And even if you're good enough to go tank HCs straight away, you don't have to need to acquire a tank set. I am tank spec, and even by just greeding I have acquired a full off-spec set in case I ever wanted to go resto or balance.
    Exactly, my war has a full tanking and dps set (both for Fury TG and SMF) while queuing mostly for dps and it's really not hard. My pally have a full tank/dps/holy sets, and i only play a tank with her (and never ninja things, specially not tanking trinklets).

Ninjaing things (specially from tanks/healers) only lead to one thing (and no, it's not more tanks/healers queueing) :
    the tanks/healers that are pissed off and tired of having what they need ninjaed don't use the lfd anymore, or as dps ninjaing like you fuckers, and after that you start whinning that queues are too long again (because whatever you pretend, 90% of the people ninjaing things for os or for "ilvl propping" won't ever use it and queue as tanks/healers... or they'll do it maybe once or twice and discover they suck at it, meaning they would need to spend hours in norm then regular hc to learn how to do it and they are too lazzy for that... they don't even want to take the time to gear up so why would they spend the time learning ?).

15+ Year Old Account
    unfortunately, yeah anything goes, although most of the needing will disappear when winning via need roll causes the item to be soulbound, a long overdue change. if i had £1 for every time someone has needed BoE and then dropped group...

yesterday my husband and I decided to do the new ZA for the first time. we cued up and waited like 25 min for a group. while waiting we read up on the fights and such.. cue pops we start we get to the raptor boss and the tank and healer drop group I guess they wanted the mount. get new tank and heals... tank drops after the cook guy.... get to panther boss..we wipe 1 time as the tank dosnt know the fight loose healer.. new heals in we get the boss down loose tank and other dps... get new tank and dps get to next boss tank asks who all had done this fight we stat we had not done it yet but had read up on it he leaves.. we gave up at that point...I did get a nice wand. but dang was not fun at all and we still have not gotten to do it.

Why I try to run with people off my server through general/trade.
    People are jerks when you can't go back and say things to their face.

Also: Grouchy DPS from long waits.