Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    can you imagine it proccing off of a soulswap exhale, or moonfire, or living bomb? sounds way too absurd for a legendary to behave like that. guess we'll just have to wait and see what the solution will be.
    Dots carried on an exhale are casted individually and thus would all individually have to proc.

The alternative would be for dots to proc a single tick thus either requiring different proc chances for dots and DDs to balance or making the weapon unviable to give to anyone but the more DD based casters.Somehow I doubt (hopefully) the second scenario is going to get past beta.

I was referring to the damage the exhale does when it hits a target

Or all damage from the staff could simply go under the name of 'Wrath of Tarecgosa'. Meaning that if it duplicates a DoT, it will simply add a second DoT to the target which doesn't override the original.

Makes perfect sense to me.

If it were to strike the entire DoT in one go, it'd be impossible whoever wields it, not to pull aggro at the start of a fight when you're DoT'ing up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hawt09 View Post
    Like I said, try Arcane.

Spells during a burn phase can hit in the region of 110-120k per time - that's a phenomenal amount of damage which won't be able to be immitated by other classes. It would literally make it an Arcane specific item due to it being so OP.
    erh i think that double drain soul + demon soul + new 4p tier proc during execute will be insane

My thoughts when I say were putting up a second spell of what you just casted. The DoTs name could be Wrath: Corruption for example and cannot be refreshed from talents. I could also see it being immune to certain spells such as Soul Swap or combustion. Until they release the actual proc we won't know how it will interact with spells.

Edit: Something I thought of could be you create a mirror image or like someone said early like dancing rune weapon which copies the spell you just used.
    Last edited by Meteos; 2011-05-15 at 04:05 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    The spell datamined on wowhead says it will duplicate damage, so no its not duplicating a whole effect, but rather a chance that ANYTIME you do damage with any spell, dot tick, direct attack, channel tick, any damage, theres a chance it will just do it again.
    So you cant say it would be better for x class, because sure arcane mages have high hitting spells, but affliction warlocks have dots going off constantly.

Deleted
    what I think will happen:

if you cast a DD spell (like shadow bolt), it casts an arcane damage copy, with the same damage
    if you cast a DoT (corruption), it casts an arcane copy for the same damage and duration
    if you cast a DoT with a DD component, it casts both at the same time.

it seems the most likely thing to happen

I wonder what kind of animation the proc will have (and dont say dragonform, if you read it properly it clearly means a on use transform ability, "bestows upon its wielder the ability to transform" that means it grants you the option to do it, they just put it in the same sentence to summarize its effects, besides it wouldnt make sense for an instant proc to have a form with a duration)

Deleted
    it will probably be on dmg done not on spell cast. this means that whenever u deal damage, there's a chance that damage is done again (or maybe lowered to half so pvpers dont QQ). this means that each dot tick, each shadow bolt that hits, each drain life tick, etc, have a small chance of dealing damage twice.

now, arcane mages hit for a lot more indeed, but the frequency at which they hit is much lower. they do damage once every 1.5-2 seconds, whereas a warlock does dmg several times per second due to all the dot ticks, pets and filler. so, as long as there will be no internal cooldown, u can assume that 5% of the damage u do will be mirrored. this means less procs for arcane mages but for a greater amount, and more procs for dot classes, but for lower amounts of dmg. all they have to do is to fix it proccing from pets' damage and guardians, and it will be completely balanced between all casters.

edit: in order to exlpain myself better, consider the extreme where the proc chance is 100%. this means that your damage should doubled. arcane mages will see on recount that 250 arcane blasts and 100 arcane missles were mirrored by the staff, and warlocks will see that 250 corruption ticks, 250 UA ticks, 350 bane of agony ticks, 50 haunts, 100 shadow bolts, 100 shadow bites, etc, ALL have been mirrored. the dmg will still be doubled, both for the arcane mage and for the affliction warlock. and if its on dmg done and not on spell cast (as i said at the start), even aoe spells would check for each mob u hit if the staff procs or not. basicly ticks would be considered direct damage spells, and as long as there is no internal cooldown, it will work. i doubt there will be mirrored dots with different name as it has been pointed out in this thread. i also doubt the proc will have a crit chance, because that would increase the value of crit, or that it would benefit (again) from spell power or mastery or hit (the spell already landed if its "whenever you deal damage" effect) or whatever other stat. that's at least how i would make this proc work.
    i still don't know what the deal with transforming into a dragon is. might be another feature, like atiesh had that karazhan portal.
    Last edited by mmoc8b742e5a94; 2011-05-16 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Might be that it just ticks twice or something, just a thought ^^

Mimicking any instance of damage is the most likely posibility, since it's the easiest to balance. Says, that way if it has 5% chance to proc (for the sake of examples), it'll increase your overall damage by roughly 5% - our 300 ticks of Corruption and whatnot dots will have 15 extras, while an Arc mage's 20 Arcane Blasts will have 1 extra, etc... (in an ideal scenario, of course)
    Last edited by Vorpalshade; 2011-05-16 at 01:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.