Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Exclamation Buy Brink or not?

Do anyone here have Brink? ON PC!
    I wonder if I should buy it or not, I like team play games!
    And the character customization look sweeeeeeeeeet

Fuck Xbox 360 and PS3, it's all crap.

I'm enjoying it. The AI is crap, joining a game sometimes takes a bit, but the actual game part of the game is pretty fun. Of course patches and DLC are incoming.

In fact, gonna go play some now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrin View Post
    I'm enjoying it. The AI is crap, joining a game sometimes takes a bit, but the actual game part of the game is pretty fun. Of course patches and DLC are incoming.

In fact, gonna go play some now.
    Wish you could tell me if there is AI in the multiplayer and if yes, can you seperate them from real players (server like so forth)

There is AI in multi, if there's not enough humans on the server. There's NO lobby system, which kinda sucks. You pick a map and it finds a game for you.

Basically, it's a really great game with lots of little problems.

I'll be alt-tabbing after each round to answer more questions.

Deleted
    To be honest with you, i really, really wanted to enjoy this game, but there are so many things wrong with it. The FPS is currently capped at 30fps on PC, which makes the game feel sluggish and slow. The guns don't seem to be very different from one another and Online multiplayer lags like a BEAST ( they are soon brining out a patch for it im aware).

What Im pretty much saying is, don't make the mistake i made by buying it. If anything, it has some potential but it needs some major patching before i even think about running this game again.

Edit : About the FPS, No, i am not using a low end system, and there are many forum posts to back up the fact this game has a capped FPS.

I don't seem to have FPS issues. The game looks and runs really great on my system.

There's 1-2 good guns and then a bunch of other lower-end clones.

Just had a balls-tight finish to the Resistance story. The free-running aspect of the game is awesome. As the "flag" carrier, I vaulted walls, slide under shit and basically ninja'ed my way to winning the game for my team.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now there a couple bugs and if you have an ATI/AMD card then you will have some graphic issues until they fix it. Overall I think it is a great game, and I hope they add updates in the future to it.

If you don't like team based games then don't pick up Brink, the whole point of the game is to do objects that require team work and there are a bunch of people who just sit around shooting instead of doing the objectives, and they are probably the ones complaining how bad the game is. Also I would suggest playing multiplayer for the most part.

Right now I would give it an 8/10, maybe a 9/10 when they fix the issues.

Pros:
    - Graphics
    - Smooth gameplay (Nvidia)
    - SMART system / Movement
    - Sound
    - Class system

Cons:
    - Can get all unlockables in a day
    - Not many good guns to choose from
    - Minor bugs
    - Gets a little repetitive
    Last edited by Relente; 2011-05-16 at 03:58 AM.

Brink on the PC is rather fun, the AI is really retarded especially if you want to play by yourself for a bit. But the MP is where it's at and besides from a few bugs and lack of different weapons, it's a really fun game. Just play a couple of hours at a time and it won't feel as repetitive, being a medic and spam buffing people is gooood.

Also with the ATI problems so far the only ones I've had at all is tearing during cinematics, other than that it's been fine.
    Last edited by Mega Gengar; 2011-05-16 at 03:53 AM.

Multiplayer gameplay is very fun, objectives keeps it somewhat fresh so it doesn't turn into a camping killfest. The SMART system works really well with the gunplay, sliding by a hallway while you blast someone down is always satisfying. Problem is the game has very little depth, what you see is what you get. The weapons are generally the same in terms of SMGs and Assault Rifles, some may be more stable some may shoot faster, but they are really similar. The LMGs are different enough where you think you are using a different gun but it still isn't severely different, then you got Snipers/Grenade Launchers/Shotguns which are pretty different.

Tl;Dr: Wait for the DLC to come out (Free DLC btw) see what they fixed and what they added, and decide for yourself if those additions are enough to warrant a purchase.

I have it for PC. I also have every single shooter that has come out in the last 12 years for PC.

Here is my honest opinion.

Brink is unlike anything else out right now. There are a lot of elements you see from other games but none of them are exactly like this game.
    There are pro's and cons of course. Mainly for me the cons are very simple:

Teamwork or bust. If you get put on a failboat team with no sense of understanding for group makeup or map goals, youre fucked and it will be miserable.

And that is it for me. All of the other bad shit you hear about the game are very small things that can be overlooked or not even noticed if you focus up on playing the game correctly. But I'm not here to argue with opinions or say the game is perfect, it isn't and very few games are. What i am here to do is tell you this... If you want a Teamwork game, where working as a strong group to win is your goal then buy it. If you want to top charts with super high K/D/R (which aren't even in the game) then dont. If you want to play a support class but still be able to murder the enemy while doing objectives, then buy it. If you want to run around alone and not help anyone but your own self, dont.

The character customization is sexy and has lots of choices, but it isn't as "deep" as insinuated. There are lots of options which can be mixed or matched and not a lot of people look alike but it isn't like AION character creation or anything.

Bottom line is this: Research the game a little. Watch some videos. Don't read and believe all the reviews. A lot of people put maybe an hour in the game and didn't get to taste anything that the game really offers. If the game sounds right for you pick it up but if youre looking for team death match call of duty 3... dont bother.

That and most of the reviews are done by people who play consoles and have never had the chance to play games like it, such as ET:QW and ET:Wolfenstein, so the learning curve is quite high. (Apparently, though it's not hard to understand: HELP THE TEAM COMPLETE OBJECTIVES)

this game is trash.

I would suggest renting/GameFly'ing it but, since you're adamant about PC...maybe find a friend who has it? Bottom line is that you will definitely want to try it out before you make any decisions because it is very unique. Don't base your choice on what the haters say; most are just mad that it requires teamwork (aka that it's not CoD) so they can't steamroll it or lone wolf it very well. I enjoy it frankly; there are a few flaws but it's to be expected with any game that breaks free of the same boring Call of Duty'esque mold.

TL;DR - Try it before you buy it. It's a love it or hate it game, regardless of all of the negative Nancies out there.

Rathalir Emberlight of the Crystal Desert realm

I haven't bought it yet, and I won't until I get a new computer. My computer can barely run TF2 without lag. But from what i've seen it seems to be a good game with team-based action and also MULTIPLAYER CONTEXT. Also graphics are amazing if compensating with the gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9zDp...el_video_title

''It's a Totalbiscuit video, you're just a fanboy'' No. Just watch it. Really helped me to decide if i'm going to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    this game is trash.
    You could explain why you think so, you know... with reasons. Or you can just ride the bandwagon and people should take your word for it.

The game is really fun to play multiplayer on but if your trying to do missions solo the bots will try there hardest not to do the objectives

Video of me playing medic this morning. Just one round.

To the above poster, how do you record your games? i'm not about to buy fraps and the WeGame client seems to not work with brink atm.

god damn it lol. I use WeGame but whenever i run Brink the cursor just freezes, can't seem to fix it