Deleted

Has Archaeology rares gone up?

Hey

Just a simple question has the chance of rares gone up?

Im not bragging but i'll use yesterdays experience.
    I had two rares found since archeology was released and yesterday I decided to again just do arch while waiting for DF to pop up.
    I completed a NE find when the mirror poped up.
    Delighted I finished that and noticed I had enough to do another find.
    Completed that and then the Robes poped up.
    I did that and had enough pieces left over for two more finds.
    Completed them and then the statue set poped up.

Has anyone else had this happening that rares are coming up alot faster?

Also with Tolvir on the same day
    I did my first tolvir find which was map,Second then was Ring,Third was Sand Castle,Fourth is now the Scarab pendent.
    Again not bragging just wanted to know if that is just luck?

I gave up on DF cause I thought I was extremely lucky but when I went on my Alt I got the fossil pet after six or seven fossil finds.

Deleted
    Well, Nelf and tol'vir got alot of rares in these races. so yes u get them pretty fast if ure 525! But they aint coming faster than before. thats just pure luck happy hunting..

Deleted
    I had all but the Doll at 51 NE Solves am now at 342 and no Doll, its all RNG on RNG on yet another RNG

Quote Originally Posted by Slakke View Post
    I had all but the Doll at 51 NE Solves am now at 342 and no Doll, its all RNG on RNG on yet another RNG
    Does the doll have a similar drop rate as Zin Rohk? I got the doll rather easily..it's usefull for me, it's sits on my Shadow Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    Does the doll have a similar drop rate as Zin Rohk? I got the doll rather easily..it's usefull for me, it's sits on my Shadow Priest.
    they're all the same .. rng

Deleted
    Well when you create 1 common Artifacts there is a less chance you get it so if we say there are 15 commons artifacts on troll and 1 rare then if you create all those 15 artifacts then there is alot higher chance that you get the troll rare

Quote Originally Posted by Writ View Post
    Well when you create 1 common Artifacts there is a less chance you get it so if we say there are 15 commons artifacts on troll and 1 rare then if you create all those 15 artifacts then there is alot higher chance that you get the troll rare
    Evidence? I've not seen anything of the sort.

I've personally been getting rather frustrated again heh. I have 1 NE Rare (Doll) and 1 Fossil Rare (Shield), and 3 Tol'vir Rares left. I know with the change that once you have no more Rares to get from a particular type, more of the other sites will spawn. So every time I do a core dump of solves (around the 200 cap mark) I keep getting commons. This is especially frustrating as I was getting Rares with fair regularity from NE and Fossil. Now however, the proccing of those last Rares seems very elusive. It's like the game knows I'm nearly done with NE and Foss, so it taunts me by denying those last rares from popping up! Arg!
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, nothing has changed, besides the new rares that came with the new patch. It's still based on pure luck wether you get the item you want or not.

I, personally, won't touch Archaeology before they change how it works. I have about 250 troll solves, and no sword. I got every rare from nelf, but the trinket. After 171 solves, still nothing. I got every rare from Fossil (pre patch, haven't touched it for a while), and I still got more Fossil digsites than Night Elf. It's a tedious grind based on pure luck, and there are the lucky few that get the items. The rest of us have to devote 100+ hrs in order to get the same item..

A friend of mine set out to farm Zin'Roch. He farmed for about 3-4 hours on average every day for 3 months. Still no sword. Fair? No. I won't touch it ever again, unless they change it.

I made a thread a while back that just got trolled and ignored.. I will link it anyway in case you wanna look at it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1934655620
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Deleted
    Nothing changed you just got lucky I guess.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was that lucky. I did Arch all day yesterday and had no new rares pop up. You're just lucky. =\
    I am a filthy casual!

there are some rares that aren't really rare (tol vir ring for instance.. or pendant..)

15+ Year Old Account
    The "rares" you mention aren't quite rare. The only real rares are:
    Dwarven Staff
    Tol'Vir Staff
    Tol'Vir Sword
    Night Elf Trinket
    Troll Sword
    Fossil Shield
    Tol'Vir Mount
    Tol'Vir Pet (seems to be less rare than the ones mentioned above, but still alot rarer than the other stuff)

Went from 13 rares to 26 in 7 days ... now it's 2 weeks later and still haven't seen nr 27 :S

Took me no time at all, a few days to get 17 rares. The ones you listed were included with those "easy-to-find" ones that most people get no problem. It's those weapons that really get people bugged about this profession and it's RNG.

I reached 20 rares before 4.1, then yesterday night as we had to call a raid I decided to give Kalimdor a try, expecting almost no Nelf sites (I have all the Nelf artifacts) and a ton of Tol'vir / Fossil / Troll sites where I'm still missing stuff.

I stil got a ton of Nelf sites (grrrr) but the rares for the other races seemed to come a lot easier than before, it went like this :
    - Fossil : Imprint -> Amber (rare) -> Pterodactyl (rare)
    - Tol'vir : Jar (no recipe) -> Jar (no recipe) -> Hilt -> Sketch (so still no rares here)
    - Troll : one common -> war drums (rare)

When I got the rare drums I stopped solving the Tol'vir artifacts as in my experience I never had more than 2 rare projects lined up at the same time, so I'm waiting to finish one of the rares (or even both) to "free up" some space for a Tol'vir rare.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got plenty of the new rare items since 4.1. So happy.

Night elf still spawns, and every single one annoys me (begone, pests! - but let me finish that silver scroll case first *cough*), but I have periods of Tol'vir chain-spawns that make me very happy.

Fossil, I'm only missing the shield now.
    Troll, working on pet, only missing the sword (still!)
    Tol'vir, finally got the bug mount, still missing staff and sword.
    Dwarf still hates me as the staff won't pop up - though there's little dwarf stuff in Kalimdor. I forgive you, rng

Haven't gone back to Northrend for the new Vrykul thing. It's low priority.

i am currently looking for my last rare, the troll sword. Here is a list of solves taken to get this far for me.

dwarf 84
    draenei 5
    fossil 269
    night elf 523
    nerubian 10
    orc 10
    tol'vir 233
    troll 172
    vrykul 15

also havent seen alchemy recipe with 22 canopic jar solves but since im not a alchemist i dont really mind. this has taken a huge amount of time, not really sure how long it has all taken but it is possible to find all the rares with just a little patience and luck!