Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Noobs no longer have excuses that they don't know tacs, thanks to the new journal hehe

Journal looks quite cool.

Edit: Typo
    Last edited by Axaruz0; 2011-05-15 at 12:02 PM.

raggy fight looks naughty. having nightmares already.
    somebody call for d doctor?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JabJack View Post
    looks like it could be an interesting fight
    Yeah SUPER HARD BOSS !111!1!1

Or fucking not.

inb4 fast kill by top guilds, this boss looks nothing special.
    No wonder Kungen stopped playing.

the journal looks very cool

Deleted
    Those are significant fire damage...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    Sounds a lot like the kil'jaeden fight, only a bit more complex. I honestly don't think super hard complex raid fights are what wow needs right now. Not that difficult fights are a bad thing, I'm all for challenging raid content -- I just believe that they should put more effort into actually putting out more content that's interesting. I mean a raid instance is great, but what about the other time I'm not raiding? I'd personally like to see more world events, interaction among players, daily and solo content than "Here's a heroic encounter that's super complex and hard that most people wont even bother to do!" It just feels like they're wasting their time on the wrong kind of content.
    Have you read anything blizzard said? they have been planning to make the Heroic Ragnaros fight as hard and as epic as they could.. I think they said they wanted it almost unbeatable..

Its a "GOOD THING", your basing a tier of raiding on a heroic fight that like you said, most people wont even get to do until its nerfed by gear and blizzard.

Deleted
    Wow, really cool..

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Prediction: Achievement for not talking to Cenarius / Hamuul / Malfurion and killing Rag on heroic difficulty.
    That's what I thought... Heroic Hard Mode then? o_O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radul View Post
    Have you read anything blizzard said? they have been planning to make the Heroic Ragnaros fight as hard and as epic as they could.. I think they said they wanted it almost unbeatable..

Its a GOOD THING, your basing a tier of raiding on a heroic fight that like you said, most people wont even get to do until its nerfed by gear and blizzard.
    Would be hard to read for him, since Blizzard never posted something which'd even go into this direction. Dangerous half-knowledgde, my friend...

Sounds fucking epic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaesimvrotos View Post
    That's what I thought... Heroic Hard Mode then? o_O
    Reading through the phase 4 mechanics I doubt that it's possible. Without Cenarius Superheated would stack infinitly and become unhealable at some point. Without Hamuul Ragnaros won't be stunned and he won't take additional damage, probably giving problems with an enrage. And without Malfurion you can't extinguish the dreadflames - so it seems the flames will be there forever if not extinguished.

Achievements maybe, but I doubt it seriously (then again - I DO jave no idea how the fight works, but it sounds at least impossible from reading this spells).

Nevertheless, the fight sounds extremely awesome. Same goes for Alysrazor. All fights sound interesting, but it depends on how the fight works.

15+ Year Old Account
    phase 1: positioning
    phase 2: kite-n-kill
    phase 3: okay,now we're screwed,lets just play jojo
    phase 4: ??????
    phase 5: i'll NEVER profit on this

When Sulfuras is Empowered, attacks made by Ragnaros cause Flames of Sulfuras, inflicting 500000 Fire damage to all enemies within the Firelands.
    in the firelands dos blizz play to kill everyone in the zone if a guild is trying to do heroic mode?

Players says "damn I hate all those noobs that are clueless in dungeons go read tactics and what abilities bosses have"
    Blizzard says "we are introducing a new feature that will enable players to read abilities that bosses have, but those aren't tactics just what abilities bosses have"
    Players says "WTF!!! why don't you just give people free loot"

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Prediction: Achievement for not talking to Cenarius / Hamuul / Malfurion and killing Rag on heroic difficulty.
    Unfortunatly I don't think that is possible.
    You should be able to do it without Cenarius resulting in you having to kite the Living Meteors for the rest of the fight and you will take increasing amounts of damage from superheated.
    However missing Malfurion Stormrage is already impossible I think. It would result in the entire field being filled with Dreadflames pretty quickly. But it might just be possible if dps is super high and depending on who long the last phase lasts.
    But missing Hamuul Runetotem makes the fight impossible. Read the ability called Empower Sulfuras again. That's a freaking 500k damage to everyone and the only way I can see you can interrupt that is by stunning him in the Entrapping Roots.

Of course I could be wrong but I think that sounds about right.
    justicars.blogspot.com All info you need for tanking as a cleric and more
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offence, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    So 40% phase 3 starts to 0, so then the heroic only phase begins at 0? Or maybe they add it in at 20% or something I don't know. Maybe he gets pissed off makes a speech at 0%, bursts back to 40% HP and says: STOP! HAMMER TIME! Comes out and uses his legs on the dancefloor.

I'm more inclined to saying the 0% option, so there's a little speech and the NPCs burst in and he regains some hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Thanks for ruining another fun aspect of the game Blizzard.... good job
    because none of this information was available on websites that had not only the moves but also strats, optimal setups and even videos to help you right?

---------- Post added 2011-05-15 at 12:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    Sounds a lot like the kil'jaeden fight, only a bit more complex. I honestly don't think super hard complex raid fights are what wow needs right now. Not that difficult fights are a bad thing, I'm all for challenging raid content -- I just believe that they should put more effort into actually putting out more content that's interesting. I mean a raid instance is great, but what about the other time I'm not raiding? I'd personally like to see more world events, interaction among players, daily and solo content than "Here's a heroic encounter that's super complex and hard that most people wont even bother to do!" It just feels like they're wasting their time on the wrong kind of content.
    perhaps you missed the massive new quest hub they are putting into 4.2 as well for solo/daily content?

Quote Originally Posted by prZ View Post
    Encounter Journal... funny they implement it now, after the Codex was announced in SW: TOR.

Wowhead - Scratching everybit of DB and listing even more than this encounter journal...

Completing your reply

Funny they implement it now, after questhelper provides guidelines for all the quests
    Funny they implement it now, after Pitbull/Xperl/etc/etc provides the ability to move the frames
    Funny they implement it now, after Deadly Boss Mods/Bigwigs/etc/etc provide warnings to the bosses abilities
    Funny they implement it now, after RatingBuster provides the stats benefits
    Funny they implement it now, after Gearscore provides the average ilvl (I know this is the most super important one)
    Funny they implement it now, after Wowhead Talent Calculator lets you change the talents and only then save (lock)

You couldn't possibly expect them to introduce all the interface they've by now when the game was released... by that point of view you can point out lots of things that were copied in SW: ToR, I'm not saying it's not a great game but what's the point of your comment... it's not like we're missing this feature Alt+Tab is your friend
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Ragnaros forms a Molten Seed at the location of 10 random players, inflicting 55000 Fire damage to all players within 6 yards. After 10 sec the Molten Seed will burst in a Molten Inferno.

In 25 player raids, Ragnaros targets 20 players.
    10 random players, out of 10 possible targets. Hmm, that's gonna be pretty random indeed.