Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF7 was the best FF ever released, story + graphics (at the time they were teh shiznit) and comba/gearing system was at its best. plus... TIFA!

10+ Year Old Account
    I only liked FF8. Played 7, 9 and tactics too.

Quote Originally Posted by LGalucard View Post
    FFVII if you take advent children movie as part of it, since it completes the tale of Cloud. I found Cloud to be an extremely complex character and was a very refreshing game back then. Cloud is not an emo dude for the sake of it, he is a clone and has to deal with the reality that he was not only a clone but a failure at that. It is through his journey in the game and his relationship with Aeris that he is able to mach and eventually surpass Sephiroth. Advent Children concludes the tale and fleshes out Cloud character in a way the old game couldn't have back then, specially as he meets his "brothers".

If we dont take advent children as part of ff7 , id say ffx (excluding x-2) the ending is just too awesome , i shed a tear the first time.
    actualy hes not a clone, he was born in nibelhein along with tifa and joined shinra military in order to become first class soldier. he met zack and went with him and sephiroth to repair the mako reactor in his hoem town. after this event he and zack were taken to hojos lab where they were experimented on with jenovas cells if i recall.
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    actualy hes not a clone, he was born in nibelhein along with tifa and joined shinra military in order to become first class soldier. he met zack and went with him and sephiroth to repair the mako reactor in his hoem town. after this event he and zack were taken to hojos lab where they were experimented on with jenovas cells if i recall.
    :O spoiler alert! Sephiroth discovered Hojo's lab and discovered he was the genetic experiments combined with Jenovas cells. He went to the reactor to free Jenova and Zack got pimp smacked, but Cloud the guy who failed and was only a regular guard stepped in and helped and stopped him.

Then Cloud took Zack out of there and back to Midgar, but Zack got ganked by Shinra right outside Midgar

FFX, then FFVII being a very close second.

I didn't particularly enjoy FFXIII :\

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    :O spoiler alert! Sephiroth discovered Hojo's lab and discovered he was the genetic experiments combined with Jenovas cells. He went to the reactor to free Jenova and Zack got pimp smacked, but Cloud the guy who failed and was only a regular guard stepped in and helped and stopped him.

Then Cloud took Zack out of there and back to Midgar, but Zack got ganked by Shinra right outside Midgar
    actualy zack got cloud out of there after they were captured since cloud was kinda in lock in syndrome where he could basicly hear zach but couldnt respond (dunno if u were just kiddin but i dont want people destroyin the story of my fav game) and then he got killed after fightin a whole army of soldiers

10+ Year Old Account
    I am really getting annoyed at the negative attitude towards those who like 7. Yeah for the most part it probably was the first game of the series that they played, but not everyone cares for older generation FF games, they possibly had less interesting plot lines or just had bad scripting. I am sure there are a handfull of gems in the series that I would like to play, but idolizing them as the epitome of the series and bashing those who like anything different doesnt make you look cooler. In fact, it makes you look like a child and makes the game you support seem even less interesting than it may be.

And yes, VII is my faviorite, mainly because its soudtrack is one of the best in the history of gaming (IMO) you could easily play any of the soundtracks for any other occasion in another video game, which is why I remember VII the most, simply because i can remember its themes alot more than any other game's.

And if your thinking its because of One Winged Angel, no its not... I liked the main theme and a few others (such as battle theme and Tifa's), which are the most memorable to me.
    Last edited by Lothaeryn; 2011-05-16 at 02:53 PM.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    I am really getting annoyed at the negative attitude towards those who like 7. Yeah for the most part it probably was the first game of the series that they played, but not everyone cares for older generation FF games, they possibly had less interesting plot lines or just had bad scripting. I am sure there are a handfull of gems in the series that I would like to play, but idolizing them as the epitome of the series and bashing those who like anything different doesnt make you look cooler. In fact, it makes you look like a child and makes the game you support seem even less interesting than it may be.

And yes, VII is my faviorite, mainly because its soudtrack is one of the best in the history of gaming (IMO) you could easily play any of the soundtracks for any other occasion in another video game, which is why I remember VII the most, simply because i can remember its themes alot more than any other game's.

And if your thinking its because of One Winged Angel, no its not... I liked the main theme and a few others (such as battle theme and Tifa's), which are the most memorable to me.
    Alright Cecil and Kain from FF4...COME ON MANNNNN!!! That was easily the best before FF7. It had a spaceship that was a whale and Inner earth kingdom and METEOR the most powerful spell ever.

seems like you need to play the game like 15 times more or so. Cloud is indeed a clone in the sense that he was an attempt to replicate sephiroth by injecting jenova cells into soldiers, he might have not been bred in a test tube... but he was far more close to sephiroth than to being human, he was just thought to be a failed one like all the other dudes in black robes, clould is the same as all of them that why they all look like sephiroth more or less, Cloud's blond hair is a dye he is the same as the other 3 guys that are show in advent children, just that he was the only one of the subject that has been able to match sephiroth power, he could replace sepiroth role if he wanted.

Reunion is the gathering of all jenova cells in one place. Cloud is part of the reunion , they are all copies of Sephiroth
    Last edited by LGalucard; 2011-05-16 at 03:25 PM.

FFT > FF3(/6 w/e) > FF2 > FFX > FF7

Just IMO.

Tactics was absolutely awesome and I seriously wish they made a sequel (No, FFTA is a pile of garbage and does not fill my needs).

FF7 was just a cube fest. FF4 & FF6 were the best. FFT was fun. I had more fun play the dragon quest series though.

I know one game that will never make this list really. Final Fantasy 1. Far too many of us probably have violent memories of breaking our nintendos because the damn could never save your progress and it kept wiping it out!

seems like you need to play the game like 15 times more or so. Cloud is indeed a clone in the sense that he was an attempt to replicate sephiroth by injecting jenova cells into soldiers, he might have not been bred in a test tube... but he was far more close to sephiroth than to being human, he was just thought to be a failed one like all the other dudes in black robes, clould is the same as all of them that why they all look like sephiroth more or less, Cloud's blond hair is a dye he is the same as the other 3 guys that are show in advent children, just that he was the only one of the subject that has been able to match sephiroth power, he could replace sepiroth role if he wanted.
    cloud already had blond hair when he was a kid (go check his memories in the game), he was experimented on after they defeated sephiroth in order to create a sephiroth clone.

"Cloud's childhood thus far has only been covered in Final Fantasy VII, in flashbacks. Cloud was born in the sleepy mountain village of Nibelheim, and was neighbors with Tifa Lockhart. His father died when he was young and was raised by his mother. Cloud grew up isolated from the rest of the village children, feeling himself somehow better than them, though it is implied he longed for the others' friendship. He developed a crush on Tifa, but hated her friends. Although the two consider each other (and are considered by others) to be childhood friends, by Tifa's own account they were not that close growing up, despite the fact he was her neighbor.

Afterward Cloud and Zack become Professor Hojo's test subjects. Injecting them with Jenova's cells and exposing them to Mako, Hojo attempts to test his Jenova Reunion Theory and turns them into Sephiroth Clones." - quoted from final fantasy wiki.
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife go read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife

Not gonna find a more complicated character story/background in a video game. Doesn't help he's the main focus of so many spin-offs.

Reunion is the gathering of all jenova cells in one place. Cloud is part of the reunion , they are all copies of Sephiroth
    Actually it seems like you need to go and play it 15 or more times, if you think any of that garbage you just spewed is correct.

Hell i hate FF7, (though i love Crisis core: FF7) and even i know clouds story, i have no fucking idea how you think Cloud is a Clone.

The only reason he is alike Sephiroth is the fact after Sephiroth gutted him in Nibelhiem, Hojo experimented on him with Mako Energy an Jenova cells, the same Cells that Sephiroth was made of which gave him the abilities he has, and why the Remnants refer to him as "brother" since he has a similiar cell structure after the experiments. IF HE WAS A DIRECT CLONE OF SEPHIROTH HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMMUNE TO THE GEO-STIGMA LIKE SEPHIROTH AND THE REMNANTS.

Utter Stupidity.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-05-16 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I know one game that will never make this list really. Final Fantasy 1. Far too many of us probably have violent memories of breaking our nintendos because the damn could never save your progress and it kept wiping it out!
    i know he already had blond hair, however after the experiments made by hojo he became like the other dudes and had to be dye it back to blond since he attained the general look of the other sephiroth clones. However the experimenting did not happen after he defeated sephirtoh in the reactor the experimenting happened long before , when he attempted to join the army in order to become a SOLDIER member. It was due that he was not actually a failure that he was able to survive and toss sephiroth into the the reactor core. Before being experimented on cloud was just a regular kid with nothing special.

and Zack died shortly after those events , the wikia must have some odd translation. I invite you to review all the actual material. Im too much of a ff7 geek to fail at this. Ive have all the dvd including that shitty extra video of the kid in advent children.

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 03:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Actually it seems like you need to go and play it 15 or more times, if you think any of that garbage you just spewed is correct.

Hell i hate FF7, (though i love Crisis core: FF7) and even i know clouds story, i have no fucking idea how you think Cloud is a Clone.

The only reason he is alike Sephiroth is the fact after Sephiroth gutted him in Nibelhiem, Hojo experimented on him with Jenova cells, the same Cells that Sephiroth was made of which gave him the abilities he has, and why the Remnants refer to him as "brother" since he has a similiar cell structure after the experiments. IF HE WAS A DIRECT CLONE OF SEPHIROTH HE WOULD HAVE BEEN IMMUNE TO THE GEO-STIGMA LIKE SEPHIROTH AND THE REMNANTS.

Utter Stupidity.

All ther remnants were affected by geostigma as well. Just that the decided to fight the planet and bring sephiroth forth.

Cloud was a regular joe dude, he could not have killed levitated , and toss sephiroth into the core unless he wasnt "special: the experimentation happened before that. Not after. Otherwise he would be as dead as everyone else.

Go play the damn thing a couple more times and watch the movies and all instead of reading a wikia.

Last order covers those final events very well and zack dies shortly after and cloud winds up taking his place and becoming a merecenary. There is no experimentation after the reactor incident. All the experiments were made during his SOLDIERING process in which he attained his mako eyes.
    Last edited by LGalucard; 2011-05-16 at 04:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    my favourite has got to be ff8 ff9 and ff10. My first final fantasy game i played was ff8 when i was 11-12ish, and my latest ff game is ff13, since i'm into games design and games modelling etc, i love the graphics on ff13, they're brilliant. Game could of had more in it though.

i know he already had blond hair, however after the experiments made by hojo he became like the other dudes and had to be dye it back to blond since he attained the general look of the other sephiroth clones. However the experimenting did not happen after he defeated sephirtoh in the reactor the experimenting happened long before , when he attempted to join the army in order to become a SOLDIER member. It was due that he was not actually a failure that he was able to survive and toss sephiroth into the the reactor core. Before being experimented on cloud was just a regular kid with nothing special.

and Zack died shortly after those events , the wikia must have some odd translation. I invite you to review all the actual material. Im too much of a ff7 geek to fail at this. Ive have all the dvd including that shitty extra video of the kid in advent children.

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 03:52 PM ----------

All ther remnants were affected by geostigma as well. Just that the decided to fight the planet and bring sephiroth forth.

Cloud was a regular joe dude, he could not have killed levitated , and toss sephiroth into the core unless he wasnt "special: the experimentation happened before that. Not after. Otherwise he would be as dead as everyone else.

Go play the damn thing a couple more times and watch the movies and all instead of reading a wikia.
    yeah u didnt even go read that page we linked to you didnt u? he never ever changed his hair colour. he was still blond when he escaped, he was still boond when he got bk to midgar, he just went abit nuts, wich made him lose parts of his memory and so he thought that he was in fact zack.
    and yeah he could have done that to sephiroth without experiments. ever heard of Soldier? zack was one and he only inject mako in his eyes, the rest is force of will and training.

also the clones didnt get afected by geostigma, they had the powers to create geostigma cause they had jenova cells in them. if u know how geostigma came to be it was jenovas cells in the lifestream.
    Last edited by Mordin Solus; 2011-05-16 at 04:07 PM.

yeah u didnt even go read that page we linked to you didnt u? he never ever changed his hair colour. he was still blond when he escaped, he was still boond when he got bk to midgar, he just went abit nuts, wich made him lose parts of his memory and so he thought that he was in fact zack.
    and yeah he could have done that to sephiroth without experiments. ever heard of soldiers? zack was one and he only inject mako in his eyes, the rest is force of will and training.

also the clones didnt get afected by geostigma, they had the powers to create geostigma cause they had jenova cells in them. if u know how geostigma came to be it was jenovas cells in the lifestream.
    TN, i think we both should just try to not reason with him, for a self-confessed "ff7 geek" his recounts of the story are fucking retarded.

I think it would just be easier to ignore the shit he is spewing and move on, and let him think that is how the story goes, even though 99.9999% of everyone one else that has played through the Compilation of FF7 know better.

the whole "cloud was a black hair clone that dyed his hair blonde" is by far the stupidest thing i have ever read for someones account of FF7.

Also GBalucard, if you read this post, I didnt even read the wikia, i just know that from following the story through the games/movies, so if my recount of it, is basically the exact same as the Wikia, im inclined to believe that is how the story actually is.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2011-05-16 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    TN, i think we both should just try to not reason with him, for a self-confessed "ff7 geek" his recounts of the story are fucking retarded.

I think it would just be easier to ignore the shit he is spewing and move on, and let him think that is how the story goes, even though 99.9999% of everyone one else that has played through the Compilation of FF7 know better.

the whole "cloud was a black hair clone that dyed his hair blonde" is by far the stupidest thing i have ever read for someones account of FF7.
    agreed old chap