High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

White Screen of Death?!

Hey everyone,
    Today my monitor for my pc broke. I came back upstairs and noticed that ym whole screen was flat white. I rebooted pc and it was still white.
    Then i just upplugged my monitor from my pc and for some reason it was still white :O
    After googling i found out that it might be the White screen of death caused by an error in the monitor.
    Anyone got more information about this? Is it repairable, expensive or do i need to buy a new monitor?
    It is a Syncmaster 931 bw from Samsung and it was 3,5 years old.
    I replaced all cables and tried to clean it.

I planned to buy a new one in 2 months so its not that big off a deal, but if i have to buy a new one does anyone got suggestions for a new monitor from around 200€ which can be used for playing high quality games and HD movies and has 2 HDMI ports? The bigger the better but i know my budget aint that big

Greetings,
    Dezi
    Last edited by Dezi; 2011-05-16 at 08:44 AM.

I don't know anything about a WSoD..
    But I do know the Samsung Syncmaster P2450H is a nice monitor. Costs ~€190

It is a repairable problem but unless you're good with circuit boards and soldering irons, it's going to be considerably less expensive to just buy a new one.

Something like http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...783&CatId=4420 perhaps for your replacement specs.