Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    very well, don't worry

i do recommend getting an i5 (4 cores) or i7 instead
    there is no good signatures with so little signature space - Nivius

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Nah stays steady at about 30-40 fps (have other things to look at, at that time)
    Lets just say, i can still easily play with it. (FYI 30+ fps)
    Starting to sound more realistic.

Anyway, point was that with steady 30-40fps it will drop to 5fps during aoe phases or with 20+ adds on screen, and that is already getting close to unplayable levels. Difference to a modern computer is that you see steady 50fps+ and wont drop below 15-20 even in aoe with shadows one step down from max. It's not necessary to run the graphics settings that high, but if you want the game to look good and not stall even if somebody drops few aoe spells down, it does need pretty new and powerful hardware. On the other hand if you're happy with minimum settings and 5-man instances, almost any $500 computer will do.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Starting to sound more realistic.

Anyway, point was that with steady 30-40fps it will drop to 5fps during aoe phases or with 20+ adds on screen, and that is already getting close to unplayable levels. Difference to a modern computer is that you see steady 50fps+ and wont drop below 15-20 even in aoe with shadows one step down from max. It's not necessary to run the graphics settings that high, but if you want the game to look good and not stall even if somebody drops few aoe spells down, it does need pretty new and powerful hardware. On the other hand if you're happy with minimum settings and 5-man instances, almost any $500 computer will do.
    I run wow on medium settings with a 2 year old cheap laptop. Around 25 FPS-40fps idle, 10-12 in raids. I think you're over estimating requirements.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Make a screenshot with video settings showing and WoW's built-in framerate counter visible while in combat in a 25-man raid instance, or stop lying.

Or is this another case of "everything" on ultra, except the shadow quality you "forgot"?
    i would but i have a shiny new 990x that i game with, the x6 is now has 2k8 on it, and please, before you go calling people liars make sure you get your facts straight first, you will just end up making yourself look bad

but in case you are wondering, i can still get the SS, my friend is running the same setup as the x6 in my sig (we built them at the same time) accept he's running a single monitor, but has no FPS issues and runs on ultra, shadows maxed, but i think his AA and Anio are different

also, the built in fps counter is not very good, use fraps

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    I run wow on medium settings with a 2 year old cheap laptop"what res". Around 25 FPS-40fps idle, 10-12 "that is unplayable to me" in raids. I think you're over underestimating requirements.
    now that looks better