Poll: What professions do you have on your Druid

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    No jc option, jc and alc transmute go hand in hand.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    Only lasts 2 hours. Still end up having to use 1 or 2 of my own flasks each night.
    high guild lvl+alchemy=4 hours flasks from cauldron=win :>

10+ Year Old Account
    i got Herb & Inscription. shoulder enchant is nice

LW is the best profession currently, no?

My main used to be Herb/Alch but I switched the Herbalism to Engineering in Cata. No regrets there as Engineering is flat out fun to have. I totally missed the OP'ness that is tauren flight form herb picking so I rolled me up a druid alt and am Herb/Mining on that toon. I'm still waiting for the nerf bat to hit druid herbing tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love mineing in raids, All the gear is mine, MINE I SAY MUAHAHAHAHA, no but gathering while on flight form is easy thats why I do both mining/herby
    RP characters are as follows, both will blow your mind, I hope:
    (>'.')> Dharren Ironarm (<'.'<)
    _-|-_ Cythan Justwatcher _-|-_

15+ Year Old Account
    Picked Engi/Enchanting myself right when I started playing my Feral Druid.

Basically just because Engi is the best/most fun for PvP, and I wanted a +80 Agility bonus from whatever random profession. Figured I was best off taking Enchanting since that's actually a profession you'll need a lot, rather then BS/LW/Inscription etc.

I don't see how you can make a poll about professions, and then not include our #1 profession JC.

I went blacksmith/JC in LK because at the time I believe it was the best min/max professions. I have a dk alt that is herb/mine

Of all professions to leave out.... JC

if you're serious about raiding drop gathering professions.

Depends, if ur resto the glove tinker is massive regen when popped with innervate. Do it when power torrent procs and best regen bonus in game for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who keep herbalism mainly for Lifeblood - Lifeblood is terrible. Even for boomkin. You can't compare a proc that equals out at 80 haste on average, EVEN when stacked/combined with other cooldown it's still awfully sub-par when compared to intellect boosts from other professions.

For those who have herbalism, well.... to herb? Great profession. Love it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Of all professions to leave out.... JC
    mmhm, i was JC/engi for ages. switched JC to alchemy for cauldrons.

---------- Post added 2011-05-18 at 02:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    LW is the best profession currently, no?
    incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    incorrect.
    Actually. Depends what you need it for. It might be. It used to be before Blizzard added the stat-enchants on Wrists, which is probably where the confusion arises from. It's still the best should we ever need specific Resistance as it's the only professions offering those.

Otherwise JC & (Tailoring or Engineering) are pretty much 'the' best professions (depending on spec).

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Boomkin, my current proffs are Tailoring for the Cloak enchant and inscription because in wotlk I was to lazy to grind SoH rep xD

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    incorrect.
    Incorrect.

LW and Alchemy are the only profession where your profession stat boost can be magic resistance (although the Alchemy one requires you to sacrifice your flask). It was far and away BIS for all tanks for a few fights in WotLK, and probably will be in Firelands with all the fire-themed damage.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2011-05-18 at 03:20 PM.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

My new main (who is admittedly not 85 yet, but will be soon enough) is an herbalist/alchemist.

Brand new server, no heirlooms, no guild, no support or power base, I wanted professions that could be profitable but self-sustaining, while offering useful benefits. Lifeblood, flasks/elixirs, my own epic trinket from crafting, mixology... seemed like the way to go.

Edit: I considered jewelcrafting seriously, but don't have a miner.... I wasn't willing to take mining, since my druid is going to be a healer with a balance off-spec, and I was unwilling to take up JC without mining on a brand new server with no starting capital or resources.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2011-05-18 at 03:30 PM.