Quick H:Maloriak Question

Does anyone know If there is a way to force him to let 3 Aberrations out before the black phase. Is it a Mechanic that can be gamed or just luck as to which he casts first?
    Last edited by Magicmagnets; 2011-05-16 at 04:38 AM.

Its random. Its nice when he does it though. I'm assuming your group has enough DPS to kill them along with the slimes as well?

It was really nice, our 2nd kill (just this week, we're bit behind...) we had the abberations with both sets of slimes, killed 3 in the first green vial phase, and killed 3 during the 2nd vial set (i think i was blue when they died), so there was no adds for the 2nd green phase and we pushed him to ~15% while he had the debuff thanks to heroism/potions/cds.

Deleted
    Its not random, There will be 1 release aberations cast before the first dark phase, then there will be 4 before the 2nd dark phase and the rest before the 3rd dark phase, but you should have already killed all the adds before 3rd dark phase and pushed phase 2

It is random, there isn't always an aberration cast before the first black phase, unless they've changed it, I know somethings have been. It's been a few months since we were doing progression on this boss, but I know for a fact back then he didn't always cast aberrations before the first black phase.

Deleted
    Im MT in our grp, and I see all casts going of quite up close, and to me it seems very random, even if I see a timer on DBM saying he will cast it, it's not 100% that he will, 50/50 chance I would say, lucky if you get em out tho, makes the encounter smoother.

A question for people: Why does Nefarian Fake Cast? is it a bug or intended? he starts to breath, but then he goes nah I swipe instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Loremater Ime View Post
    A question for people: Why does Nefarian Fake Cast? is it a bug or intended? he starts to breath, but then he goes nah I swipe instead...
    no idea, but ony does it too and its nice. i think it has something to do with tail swipe, ive seen her start to breath or even get a few ticks into it then just do tail swipe and forget to keep breathing.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus2011 View Post
    Its not random, There will be 1 release aberations cast before the first dark phase, then there will be 4 before the 2nd dark phase and the rest before the 3rd dark phase, but you should have already killed all the adds before 3rd dark phase and pushed phase 2
    Funny how we've gotten more tries without the cast than with the cast then.

Regardless, you should be able to manage even without the cast. You can attempt 2 abb casts for the 2nd black phase if you want instead of 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrus2011 View Post
    As everyone has pointed out, it is random because you can absolutely not get that cast before the black phase. It happens regularly, but its also a simply fight to reset and try again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loremater Ime View Post
    I was curious about this too. The only thing I can guess is when you fully resist a breath attack you don't actually get the animation of the breath...could be wrong.

Some people have said to let arcane storm tick once and that works, but I think its mostly random