I should be able to Return games on Steam.

so i bought Brink.
    was debating it highly.
    some friends said they would buy it.
    still was skeptical.
    finally broke did it.

such a piece of trash.

and now i am sitting here wondering after waiting for the 2 hour download....
    why the fuck can't i get my money back? works with most things.
    and yes i UNDERSTAND why i wouldnt ba able to return a physical copy with a CD but.... why can't they just remove it from my games list, delete said Key i was given, and return my money....

its just annoying how the current system requires me to throw 50$ at a product with no guarantee and no chance of any kind of return should it turn out to be a COMPELTE dud like this under developed piece of trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    so i bought Brink.
    was debating it highly.
    some friends said they would buy it.
    still was skeptical.
    finally broke did it.

such a piece of trash.

and now i am sitting here wondering after waiting for the 2 hour download....
    why the fuck can't i get my money back? works with most things.
    and yes i UNDERSTAND why i wouldnt ba able to return a physical copy with a CD but.... why can't they just remove it from my games list, delete said Key i was given, and return my money....

its just annoying how the current system requires me to throw 50$ at a product with no guarantee and no chance of any kind of return should it turn out to be a COMPELTE dud like this under developed piece of trash.
    Don't cave in to the hype of triple A games?
    Asdfgh

That's what torrents are for before you buy games.

If you understand why you couldn't return a played physical copy of the game, then what is the point of this post? Why should digital copies be any different?

Quote Originally Posted by Franuki View Post
    Complete agree... and i won't be doing this again...
    but i just can't figure out why i am not allowed to be returned my money, given i only purchased it less then 24 hours ago.

Complete agree... and i won't be doing this again...
    but i just can't figure out why i am not allowed to be returned my money, given i only purchased it less then 24 hours ago.
    because of i wouldn't actual own a hard copy and thus not be able to play the game again in aspect.
    and for this game i can't even retrieve the CD key if i wanted to, or if it even exists.
    just remove the game and give me my money back, i even gotten reimbursed for movies when i complained cause they were just THAt bad.
    Last edited by Brandoh; 2011-05-16 at 05:28 AM.

Deleted
    Because I'd imagine Steam would lose alot of money if they were to do something like that, and alot of people myself included would start buying games, playing them for 24hours then just getting them refunded to use up a spare evening or to test the waters on a game I'm interested in.

Why can't I just buy a game from Steam, blow through it in a day or two, then bitch vehemently so I can get my money back?

Is that what you're asking?

Lol, jk OP, but... yeah that's why. Sure taking away your key/download, and somehow making sure you didn't possibly, in any way, shape or form store the data so you could pirate a copy..... might work but.... it's also the fact that developers sell games, they don't rent them. I would recommend Gamefly if you want to try games before purchasing them, or do what I do and let it release, read all the reviews on the bigger sites and go form there. That's exactly why I am not interested in Brink: All I have read about it is crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Franuki View Post
    Brink was never a triple A title.

On topic, I suppose, If you're going to buy new games at full price, you can expect to get a dud every once-in-a-while. Brink was a pretty disappointing experience insofar, but you might eventually get your money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaiine View Post
    Because I'd imagine Steam would lose alot of money if they were to do something like that, and alot of people myself included would start buying games, playing them for 24hours then just getting them refunded to use up a spare evening or to test the waters on a game I'm interested in.
    so game developers can't be held accountable to for making poor products?
    basically i just give them my money and they "LOL THANKS BRO YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN"
    don't see why a return policy can't apply, i mean i am sure SOMEONE like this game and will play it for more then 24 hours.
    there should be a return window on refunds obviously.

---------- Post added 2011-05-16 at 01:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ebbikenezer View Post
    Why can't I just buy a game from Steam, blow through it in a day or two, then bitch vehemently so I can get my money back?

Is that what you're asking?

Lol, jk OP, but... yeah that's why. Sure taking away your key/download, and somehow making sure you didn't possibly, in any way, shape or form store the data so you could pirate a copy..... might work but.... it's also the fact that developers sell games, they don't rent them. I would recommend Gamefly if you want to try games before purchasing them, or do what I do and let it release, read all the reviews on the bigger sites and go form there. That's exactly why I am not interested in Brink: All I have read about it is crap.
    yeaa pretty much this i guess.
    wish there was a gamefly for online PC game, but there isnt.
    i usually torrent single player shit anyway.

and yea i read the reviews but still bought in, i guess i was bored and just wanted it to be good.
    this is money i could/would have spent on Witcher 2...
    oh well, torrenting that i guess, SORRY YA FUCKIN POLES

I actually want this game : / i just wana play it with some friends. i don't have high hopes for it but i figure i'd have fun playing with bros. sides for me it's something to waste time on till swtor comes out. if you don't want it gift it over to me maelstorm http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972804120
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-05-16 at 05:38 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, too bad. Digital content will continue on and eventually phase out discs. And when your account gets locked or the servers go down, you're fucked out of hundreds of dollars. You don't own the game, you're just renting it. Fuck I love digital distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    I actually want this game : / i just wana play it with some friends. i don't have high hopes for it but i figure i'd have fun playing with bros. sides for me it's something to waste time on till swtor comes out.

these were my thought exactly, dude just dont waste ur time.
    you get all the items in like one sitting, and then all u do is run to the same spot over and over and blast eachother in the face with the least amount of skill in any shooter i have ever experienced.

ive had many steam games ive wanted to return and cant atleast when it comes to console games i rent them if i like it i buy it ive saved a fortune

Deleted
    I don't think a return policy for ''I thought the game was crap so I deserve my money back'' would work particulary well, largely down to thats an opinion, I bet there are a minority of people that are jacking off over Brink as we speak, at the end of the day it'll come down to - you decided to buy it without researching properly into it before hand, which you would have done if your money was that precious to you. I rarely buy games on the wim that they may be awesome, I make sure I know that I'm investing in something worthwhile before pre-ordering a game or grabbing it at release, reviews (even if they give an afflicting opinion to your own) will always give decent insight on the game in question.

Well playing Beta or a Trial is free, unlike testing many other items, but in case of BRINK, I mean... Did you not watch the trailer before buying the game? :/

You can get a refund on steam. If you cry loud enough. Just send in a ticket on their website.

I've got refunds for quite a lot of games. They always say "We will only refund one time and one time only per account!" But that is BS, considering I've got a refund on half a dozen games in the past year.

Hell....I've even got refunds on my WoW subscription. Sometimes I've reactivated the game, played for a few days...then decided I wanted to stop. Then I sent a mail to billing saying "Iam going overseas due to work...just reactivated my account but will not be able to use...can I please get a refund as I wont be able to take advantage of my full month, thank you!"

^I've done that multiple times now, and they've refunded me every single time. (Only downside is, they MIGHT lock your account until the date of when the subscription was to end for that month...so you can't just keep on doing this every few days)...so if you decide you wanna play again in 2 weeks time, you wont be able to..you'll have to wait until a month has gone by.
    Last edited by Papertiger; 2011-05-16 at 05:48 AM.

If you bought the actual disc in a store they wouldn't let you return it either, not after you open it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fontaiine View Post
    This ^

so game developers can't be held accountable to for making poor products?
    basically i just give them my money and they "LOL THANKS BRO YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN"
    don't see why a return policy can't apply, i mean i am sure SOMEONE like this game and will play it for more then 24 hours.
    there should be a return window on refunds obviously.
    And no they shouldn’t be accountable imho you went out of your way to buy the game don’t blame the company who made it, they made the game based on what they thought was fun in their eyes.

You forget people have a difference of opinions to allot of people Brink was great and to allot more brink was shit that doesn’t mean brink was in fact shit it means it was shit for you and likeminded people like you. That doesn’t give you or anyone else the right to throw it back at the developers because you had a difference of opinion and you (Didn’t like it) well sorry to break it to you opinions differ get used to it and don’t give into the hype.
    Last edited by Crownos; 2011-05-16 at 06:00 AM.

Not only can you not return the game, you can't sell in the future either. Or lend to a friend. And if Valve's anti-cheat system (VAC) thinks you're cheating in one game, you're banned from playing every other VAC enabled multiplayer game on your account. And if you think WoW suspensions are bad, VAC decisions are all automated and final. Go make a new account and buy that TF2 again because VAC thinks you cheated in another game.

Shit like this really makes me dislike digital distribution. You have absolutely no control over stuff you've paid for. Some guy lost access to Dragon Age 2 he had bought because he said something on the forums. On the forums.
    Last edited by Fraza; 2011-05-16 at 06:10 AM.