Legendary Quest - Video Preview
Method released a small video preview of the legendary staff questline, this isn't a complete preview yet but it should give you a pretty good idea of what happens in early stages of the story.
Tier 12 Set Bonuses - Additional Information & Clarification
Additional Information & Clarification
- The Fire damage-over-time effects from some set bonuses work like Ignite, and will accumulate and refresh damage just as it does.
- The Mirror Image summoned by the Mage set (2-piece bonus) does not cause him/her to drop threat. It summons a guardian who appears like the mage and casts Fireballs by his/her side.
- Mage 4-piece bonus stats: +15% proc chance to Brain Freeze, +30% chance on single critical effect to Hot Streak, and Arcane Missiles will always proc by the 4th cast.
- The Rogue 4-piece bonus never picks hit or expertise, and never picks the same rating twice in a row.
- The Warrior 2-piece bonus gets its duration reduced based on the number of talent points the warrior has in Booming Voice. It lasts 12/9/6 seconds at 0/1/2 points spent in Booming Voice.
- The Hunter 4-piece bonus does not get consumed by shots that do not cost focus.
- For an image preview of the tier 12 armor sets which have been completed, head to the front page of the community site: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2705803
Tier 12 Set Bonuses - Feedback
Below you'll find the latest tier 12 set bonuses for all classes. Nearly all of these should be live on the PTR, if not implemented very soon. We thank you all for the feedback you've provided us thus far, as it's allowed us to make a few necessary tweaks. Feel free to let us know how the current bonuses are looking. Also, be sure to read the additional information in the section below all of the class listings, as it contains a few clarifications based on commonly asked questions about these sets.
Death Knight (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Blood 2-Piece Bonus: Your melee attacks cause Burning Blood on your target, which deals 800 Fire damage every 2 seconds for 6 seconds, and causes your abilities to behave as if you had 2 diseases present on the target.
- Blood 4-Piece Bonus: Increases parry chance by 15% for 12 seconds after Dancing Rune Weapon expires.
- Frost/Unholy 2-Piece Bonus: Your Horn of Winter ability also grants you 3 runic power every 5 seconds for 2 minutes.
- Frost/Unholy 4-Piece Bonus: Your Obliterate and Scourge Strike abilities deal 6% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 seconds.
Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Balance 2-Piece Bonus: You have a chance to summon a Burning Treant to assist you in battle for 15 seconds when you cast Wrath or Starfire.
- Balance 4-Piece Bonus: While not in an Eclipse state, your Wrath generates 3 additional Lunar Energy and your Starfire generates 5 additional Solar Energy.
- Feral 2-Piece Bonus: Your attacks with Mangle, Maul, and Shred deal 10% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 seconds.
- Feral 4-Piece Bonus: Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to extend the duration of Berserk by 2 seconds, and when your Barkskin ability expires you gain an additional 10% chance to dodge for 12 seconds.
- Restoration 2-Piece Bonus: Your periodic healing from Lifebloom has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
- Restoration 4-Piece Bonus: Your Swiftmend also heals an injured target within 8 yards for the same amount.
Hunter (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- 2-Piece Bonus: Your Steady Shot and Cobra Shot have a 10% chance to trigger a Flaming Arrow, dealing 80% instant weapon damage as Fire.
- 4-Piece Bonus: You have a 10% chance from your Auto Shots to make your next shot cost no focus.
Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- 2-Piece Bonus: You have a chance to summon a Mirror Image to assist you in battle for 15 seconds when you cast Frostbolt, Fireball, or Arcane Blast.
- 4-Piece Bonus: Your spells have an increased chance to trigger Brain Freeze, Hot Streak, or Arcane Missiles. In addition, Arcane Missiles can now be cast while moving.
Paladin (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Holy 2-Piece Bonus: Healing with Holy Shock has a 40% chance to grant you 6% of your base mana.
- Holy 4-Piece Bonus: Your Divine Light, Flash of Light, and Holy Light spells also heal an injured target within 8 yards for 10% of the amount healed.
- Protection 2-Piece Bonus: Your Shield of the Righteous deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage.
- Protection 4-Piece Bonus: When your Divine Protection expires, you gain an additional 12% parry chance for 10 seconds.
- Retribution 2-Piece Bonus: Your Crusader Strike deals 15% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 seconds.
- Retribution 4-Piece Bonus: Increases the duration of your Zealotry ability by 15 seconds. [/li]
Priest (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Discipline/Holy 2-Piece Bonus: Your Flash Heal, Heal, Greater Heal, and Prayer of Mending spells cause you to regenerate 2% of your base mana every 5 seconds for 15 seconds.
- Discipline/Holy 4-Piece Bonus: You have a chance when you cast a helpful spell to summon a Cauterizing Flame at the target’s location. Each second the Cauterizing Flame will heal an injured party member within 20 yards for 9250 to 10750. Lasts 5 seconds.
- Shadow 2-Piece Bonus: While you are in Shadowform, your Shadowfiend deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage and its cooldown is reduced by 75 seconds.
- Shadow 4-Piece Bonus: While you have Shadow Word: Pain, Devouring Plague, and Vampiric Touch active on the same target you gain Dark Flames, which reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast by 3 seconds.
Rogue (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- 2-Piece Bonus: Your melee critical strikes deal 6% additional damage as Fire over 4 seconds.
- 4-Piece Bonus: Your Tricks of the Trade ability also causes you to gain a 25% increase to one of your combat ratings at random for 30 seconds.
Shaman (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Elemental 2-Piece Bonus: Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem.
- Elemental 4-Piece Bonus: Your Lava Surge talent also makes Lava Burst instant when it triggers.
- Enhancement 2-Piece Bonus: Your Lava Lash gains an additional 5% damage increase per application of Searing Flames on the target.
- Enhancement 4-Piece Bonus: Your Stormstrike ability also increases Fire damage you deal to that target by 6%.
- Restoration 2-Piece Bonus: Your periodic healing from Riptide has a 40% chance to restore 1% of your base mana each time it heals a target.
- Restoration 4-Piece Bonus: Your Chain Heal spell no longer consumes your Riptide effect on the primary target.
Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- 2-Piece Bonus: Your periodic damage has a chance to summon a Fiery Imp to assist you in battle for 15 seconds.
- 4-Piece Bonus: Your Shadow Bolt, Incinerate, Soul Fire, and Drain Soul spells have a 5% chance to increase all Shadow and Fire damage you deal by 20% for 8 seconds.
Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Arms/Fury 2-Piece Bonus: Your Battle Shout and Commanding Shout abilities also cause you to deal 10% increased physical damage for 6 to 12 seconds.
- Arms/Fury 4-Piece Bonus: Your Mortal Strike and Raging Blow abilities have a 30% chance to trigger a Fiery Attack, dealing 100% instant weapon damage as Fire.
- Protection 2-Piece Bonus: Your Shield Slam deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 seconds.
- Protection 4-Piece Bonus: When your Shield Block expires, your parry chance is increased by 6% for 10 seconds.
PTR Raid Testing Schedule 5/16-5/17
The next phase of raid testing is as follows:
Monday, May 16
EU 10:30 AM PDT - Alysrazor, 10 player
US 4:30 PM PDT - Alysrazor, 10 player
Tuesday, May 17
EU 10:30 AM PDT - Baleroc, 10 player
US 4:30 PM PDT - Majordomo Staghelm, 10 player
We will be testing on both EU and US PTR realms initially, with other regions to come later. 25 Player and Heroic testing will happen later in the PTR testing cycle.
As always, the schedule can change at a moment’s notice due to issues with the build, server, encounter, or the fickle, fickle nature of designers. The encounters are all a work in progress; there will be bugs and tuning is not final.
Originally Posted by Blizzard EntertainmentFire Damage in Firelands
Creatures in the Firelands will not be immune to Fire damage. Giving raid mobs and bosses immunity to a school of magic just doesn't work well, given that some classes/specs are dependent upon the damage output from that school.
Instead, we've themed many of the set bonuses around the Firelands. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
DPS classes never benefit from the Dungeon Finder CTA
We recognize it's not the most elegant solution. Ideally we wouldn't offer greater incentives to one player over another based purely on the class role they each fulfill. That said, the disparity in queue times was unacceptable in our eyes, and we saw that sentiment shared throughout the community.
Perhaps there are better ways for us to lower queue times without having to offer additional rewards to the class role in highest demand in the Dungeon Finder, but Call to Arms is a feature we were able to develop in a much more reasonable time frame.
Do we like that your only reward from the Call to Arms feature is a shorter queue time? No. But then, if the queue times were more equal for each class role, we wouldn't have added Call to Arms in the first place.(Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
The MMO Report
It's monday, and time for a delicious MMO Report with the delicious Casey.
Dark Legacy Comics #288 is out.